Social 1984 - The Intercept Goes After Wrong Think (Gab)

Mr Holmes

6F 3D 3D 33
@Gold
Reaction score
So it looks like the Intercept as taken it upon themselves to police wrong think. From an email they distributed to their members:
E0lJOE3XoAYJ2Qu

Glenn Greenwald's response:

So, I guess this is what passes as "journalism" these days.

Jimmy Dore's take:

1.png

Also note the last line. "ActBlue Express" is collecting donations. They don't even try to hide their activism. A fool and his money are easy parted.

Glenn Greenwals is right, nobody reads the Intercept. I've never even heard of it.

There are leftist journalists. They are just activists. And they are fused with the state. The FBI is just a leftist activist federal institution now.

the left uses hackers and data dumps now. They did this for who donated to rittenhouse. So leftist fake journalists could dig through and get people fired from jobs.

all it is is punishment for political views.

quote-right-thinking-will-be-rewarded-wrong-thinking-punished-george-orwell-134-36-86.jpg

There are leftist journalists. They are just activists. And they are fused with the state. The FBI is just a leftist activist federal institution now.

the left uses hackers and data dumps now. They did this for who donated to rittenhouse. So leftist fake journalists could dig through and get people fired from jobs.

all it is is punishment for political views.

quote-right-thinking-will-be-rewarded-wrong-thinking-punished-george-orwell-134-36-86.jpg
Another good GO quote.

I'm always intrigued when a person use these types of statements against others when they're so clearly applicable against the person using them as well.

For example, it's used in this thread to dig at the Intercept's actions as an attempt to silence the speakers on Gab. But it's just as applicable in the Intercept's favor, that they're using freedom to tell the speakers on Gab some things that those speakers don't want to hear.

When you're criticizing me, it's an attempt to silence me. When I'm criticizing you, I'm speaking hard truths that you need to hear. The frequency with which that duality appears should bore me by now but I'm still fascinated every time it shows up in some form or fashion.

I could help you out, and pwn you on this thread...but I'm not going to.

Instead I'm just going to mock your dumb-fuckery because that will make you do one of two things.

1) Meme away and grab a few likes from the peanut gallery but be all awkward about the fact that anyone who knows anything about Orwell and his writings is laughing at your ignorance.

2) Go and start researching Orwell and his writings in an attempt to justify your low-information hot-take. Then you'll have a chance of learning something useful about literature and politics that didn't come from r/trumplulz.

I think poor Glenn should spend more time in his Brazilian husband's back mount and less time at the keyboard.

Imagine being a liberal and making fun of someone for being gay, while in every other thread on Sherdog you call conservatives "racists", "bigots", "xenophobes", "transphobes", and "homophobes".

How very tolerant of you.

I'm always intrigued when a person use these types of statements against others when they're so clearly applicable against the person using them as well.

For example, it's used in this thread to dig at the Intercept's actions as an attempt to silence the speakers on Gab. But it's just as applicable in the Intercept's favor, that they're using freedom to tell the speakers on Gab some things that those speakers don't want to hear.

When you're criticizing me, it's an attempt to silence me. When I'm criticizing you, I'm speaking hard truths that you need to hear. The frequency with which that duality appears should bore me by now but I'm still fascinated every time it shows up in some form or fashion.
I don't believe the Intercept's intention is criticism. They appear to be seeking punish Gab users thru shame and possibly hurting their livelihood. Their letter lists election fraud CT'ers and brands them as white supremacists. Which I find to be very ironic, considering the amount of people that questioned the legitimacy of Trump's victory over Hillary.

A very dishonest post.

The Intercept wants these people doxxed and their lives ruined.

There is no: "Hey, I don't agree with what you said, but I respect your right to say it."

Instead it's: "This guy posted something mean, let's harass his work till they fire him, do the same to his wife, tell all his neighbours what a big fat meanie he is, and harass the schools until they kick out his kids too."

I could help you out, and pwn you on this thread...but I'm not going to.

Instead I'm just going to mock your dumb-fuckery because that will make you do one of two things.

1) Meme away and grab a few likes from the peanut gallery but be all awkward about the fact that anyone who knows anything about Orwell and his writings is laughing at your ignorance.

2) Go and start researching Orwell and his writings in an attempt to justify your low-information hot-take. Then you'll have a chance of learning something useful about literature and politics that didn't come from r/trumplulz.
Shocker. You won't back up your emotional responses.
<DisgustingHHH>

The Intercept was established as a result of the Snowden leaks. It was a media outlet where people could send leaks that would put a spotlight on corruption.

Has its mission changed?

A very dishonest post.

The Intercept wants these people doxxed and their lives ruined.

There is no: "Hey, I don't agree with what you said, but I respect your right to say it."

Instead it's: "This guy posted something mean, let's harass his work till they fire him, do the same to his wife, tell all his neighbours what a big fat meanie he is, and harass the schools until they kick out his kids too."
What did it say about them releasing private information like names and addresses to the public? Maybe I misunderstood what was written, but it didn't sound like their plan was to dox anyone.

What did it say about them releasing private information like names and addresses to the public? Maybe I misunderstood what was written, but it didn't sound like their plan was to dox anyone.

Idk, I think the part that says "we are digging through this dump to uncover everything we can about these people 'violent white supremacists'", sounds to me like they plan on doing just that.

Am I wrong to assume that? It's pretty much exactly what they said.

Also, lol @ The Intercept assuming that everyone who uses Gab is automatically a "violent white supremacist".

img.webp

Back