Media 17 Things UFC Undisputed 3 Does Better Than UFC 4

No way, and I've spent the last few months again going through the EA MMA career on the highest difficulty. I've been breathing EA MMA like an autist and its grappling isnt even close to Undisputed's, which I've put 2000 hours into. I'm sad.

Really depends on preference. EA MMA has the most realistic damage and stamina. You can get KOed at any time. Undisputed does not even have a chin rating. All fighters take the same amount of damage.

The main problem I had with undisputed was the horrible animations and character models. The fighters are stiff as wood planks. The controls are also terrible. EA UFC they are trash aswell but at least you can defend smoothly. undisputed was like trying to move puppets around on a string.

I'll pick ea 3 or 4 striking over undisputed anyday. That alone beats all the positives undisputed 3 has over EA.

Undisputed striking was such crap, I had to create mma fighters in fight night to be satisfied

The quality of gaming in general has gone down the drain, there's still a few gems every now and then, but it's pretty sad.

Yup.

Honestly the Switch gets the most love now. No crazy dlc shit and you can play in bed. Just wish it had sports games :/

THQ UFC Undisputed 3 is the best mma video game to date and that came out close to 9 years ago on the old gen.

Undisputed 3 was awesome, except for online servers

Whenever I chose Chael Sonnen and got a takedown within 10 seconds the game would drop

Really depends on preference. EA MMA has the most realistic damage and stamina. You can get KOed at any time. Undisputed does not even have a chin rating. All fighters take the same amount of damage.

I can agree that fights end in seconds more often in EA MMA, but to say that all fighters take the same amount of damage is not true, I LIVE AND PAY RENT AND GET MY MAIL ADDRESSED to Undisputed 3's career mode with simulation settings (only way to play it), and ultimate difficulty and can tell you for a fact that a fighter with a STANDING STRIKES DEFENSE (the chin's stat, when standing, in the game) rating in the 90s can withstand more punishment than one in the 70s. They go down quicker, they're more susceptible to flash KO's quicker. Edit: I'm also sad

As someone that was top 100 in both(flame all you want), I completely agree.

UFC undisputed 3 was the best MMA game to date.

EA sports UFC 3 I'm sitting at like #76 right now, I refunded EA sports UFC 4 because it's so fucking dogshit. EA 3 is pretty bad, but not nearly as bad as EA 4. They're regressing.

The single thing gameplaywise that was the best about UD3 was the simulation mode. It was so damn amazing.

What I find funny is the best ufc type game ive ever played isnt MMA related at all.....Def Jam Fight For New York.....still play that game to this day

I loved EA MMA’s stand up. The jab was such an important tool and you could really piece up wild brawlers and make them hit air all night.

Also loved the ability to get knocked out at any time regardless of damage taken. It made you respect all opponents and not just swing with reckless abandon just because you were 2-3 levels above the player you were fighting against. I remember I was fighting this guy online who was Brett Rogers, and I was absolutely toying with him. Dropped him multiple times in the first minute and just let him get back up because I felt bad, I didn’t like discouraging new players. I wanted to give him the experience and a real chance. Bad idea. I got lazy and walked right into a single hook, probably the only significant strike he landed, and I was KO’d without warning. Fight over. The dreaded and unforgiving L added to my online record that you just couldn’t always avoid. That right there, made me love the game. You couldn’t get lazy no matter how good you were and it brought realism to the game that’s been unmatched to me since. An added challenge to keep the game interesting for inferior players (keeps them hopeful even when out matched like real fighting) and superior players (keeps them on their toes defensively even during easy fights, once again like real fighting). There’s been no stand up I’ve liked better in any MMA game and it hasn’t come close.

UFC 4 is the first UFC game I didn't get on day one, dating back to the Dreamcast UFC game. It just seemed like a big step down from UFC 3 in so many ways, with a lot of questionable choices in presentation, gameplay, roster, everything.

I can still play Undisputed 3 to this day and enjoy going through a tournament in Pride Mode, it's not perfect, but it's leaps and bounds above the EA series in a lot of ways, even with the EA UFC games having more advanced technology and some good features.
Loved UFC on Dreamcast. It was a good way to learn about different fighters at a time when there was basically no media coverage.

Will there be a fucking boxing game that comes out already.

Skipped the PS4/Xbone gen because of this horseshit

Back