International 16-Year-Old Girl In Coma After Alleged Assault Over Hijab Rules In Iran Metro

LeonardoBjj

Professional Wrestler
@Brown
Reaction score
The Kurdish-focused rights group Hengaw said the teenager, named as Armita Garawand, had been badly injured in a confrontation on the Tehran metro with female police officers.

n95ne1io_armita-garawand_625x300_04_October_23.jpg

Paris: An Iranian girl, aged 16, has been left in a coma and is being treated in hospital under heavy security after an assault on the Tehran subway, a rights group said on Tuesday, blaming the Islamic republic's notorious morality police.

The Kurdish-focused rights group Hengaw said the teenager, named as Armita Garawand, had been badly injured in a confrontation on the Tehran metro with female police officers.

This has already been denied by the Iranian authorities who say that the girl "fainted" due to low blood pressure and that there was no involvement of the security forces.

Iranian authorities remain on high alert for any upsurge of social tension just over a year after the death in custody of Mahsa Amini who had been arrested for allegedly violating the strict dress rules for women.

Her death sparked several months of protests that rattled Iran's clerical leadership and only dwindled in the face of a crackdown that according to activists has seen thousands arrested and hundreds killed.

Hengaw said that Garawand was left with severe injuries after being apprehended and physically attacked by agents of the so-called morality police at the Shohada metro station in Tehran on Sunday.

It said she was being treated under tight security at Tehran's Fajr hospital and "there are currently no visits allowed for the victim, not even from her family".

The organisation later published a picture it said was of Garawand in her hospital bed, showing her head and neck heavily bandaged and attached to a feeding tube. "Her state of consciousness is unchanged", it added.

Her parents gave an interview to Iranian state media at the hospital but "in the presence of high-ranking security officers" and "under considerable pressure", Hengaw said.

'Increased violence'

Though a resident of Tehran, Garawand hails from the city of Kermanshah in Kurdish-populated western Iran, Hengaw said.

Maryam Lotfi, a journalist from the Shargh daily newspaper, sought in the aftermath of the incident to visit the hospital but was immediately detained. She was subsequently released, it added.

The case has become the subject of intense discussion on social media, with a purported video of the incident said by some to show the teen, with friends and apparently unveiled, being pushed into the metro by female police agents and then an immobile body pulled out.

Masood Dorosti, managing director of the Tehran subway system, denied there was "any verbal or physical conflict" between the student and "passengers or metro executives".

"Some rumours about a confrontation with metro agents... are not true and CCTV footage refutes this claim," Dorosti told state news agency IRNA.

The IranWire news site, based outside Iran, cited a source as saying she had sustained a "head injury" after being pushed by the officers.

A year after Amini's death, Iranian authorities have launched a renewed push to crack down on women defying the Islamic republic's strict dress rules for women, including the mandatory hijab.

The New York-based Center for Human Rights in Iran (CHRI) said women and girls "face increased violence, arbitrary arrests and heightened discrimination after the Islamic Republic re-activated its forced-veiling police patrols"

https://www.ndtv.com/world-news/arm...ssault-over-hijab-rules-in-iran-metro-4447597

Thank the Heavens they have religious influence on State agencies, otherwise this girl's hair being visible in public could have literally unmade their society.

Didn’t something really shitty like this happen in Iran recently? And involving a death?

Last edited:
Didn’t something really shitty like this happen in Aidan recently? And involving a death?

- I think i've seen that news months ago. Hurting a aliving being because of religion is soo wrong to me.

I can’t imagine being an adult man that beats down a teenage girl - outside of like she’s trying to kill someone. Super fucked up. I wish the worst on them

Last edited:
I can’t imagine being an adult man that beats down a teenage girl - outside of like she’s trying to kill someone. Super fucked up. I wish the worst in them

Out of all of the fucked up videos that I have seen over the years, the videos of young girls getting stripped naked in the street and then stoned to death while dozens of grown men laugh and cheer while recording it on their phones still haunts me.

Primitive barbaric behavior combined with 21st century technology is just bizarre.

I just hope we give them more billions, they are progressing really well as a society

Help impower the oppressors' so the subjects don't revolt and over turn the gov

Out of all of the fucked up videos that I have seen over the years, the videos of young girls getting stripped naked in the street and then stoned to death while dozens of grown men laugh and cheer while recording it on their phones still haunts me.

Primitive barbaric behavior combined with 21st century technology is just bizarre.

How the fuck do you even come across such videos? These mfers are lost. No wonder they have lived in shitholes for centuries and will remain in a shithole for centuries with this behaviour. When talking about immigration that’s what we should aim for, prioritize getting the women out of there. Unfortunately their men won’t allow this.

there's something deeply anachronistic and weird about having "killed in the subway by the religious police" as a headline.
subway implies progress, killed for religion implies backwardness.

<Huh2>

Glad I’m not into gore, but just reading about it sounds horrible.
As for this thread
Sad ending for haram bae

Oh yeah i missed that part. I had assumed that "morality police" were men.

Ditto actually which is why it stood out. I was surprised women are allowed that position of moral authority. Didn't think that occurred in that role.

I don’t think I could sit through that

Don’t forgot Iran are the good guys but also America is responsible for this because we supported a dictator 50 years ago.

Back