15 years later, Chris Leben finally reflects on being brutalized by a debuting Anderson Silva

Always wondered why Anderson's power diminished so quickly. He was a touch you a couple, lights out...then nothing.

it wasn’t so much his power as his speed and timing. Once he lost his speed, his whole striking game fell apart because he relied on it. He was a step faster than everybody he fought back then

Unforgettable..... even more the next fight was my boy just unable to break from that plumb- Randy was doing commentary and his call on fight was something I'll never forget. The discomfort from Rich trying to turn away from those knees to mid section was crazy which led to Andy putting that permanent knot on Franklin's nose . That's how good Silva was when he came on scene- call Rich what you want but he had it between the ears and had nothing for Anderson ..... re match lasted a bit longer but same result and a little less brutal.

Leben looked like he had no business sharing a cage with " wrecking ball Andy "........ God damnnnnnn

Chris Leben is fucking awesome. I remember running into this dude at the Red Lion in Hawaii. We were all watching the UFC and this big white guy was blocking the tv. I was like, "we need to get this dude to get the fuck out of the way." I tapped his shoulder and was like, "Oh fuck, it's the fucking Cat Smasher!!" He was a cool dude and had a beer with us while we watched the fights.

Prime Silva's striking was at a different level. The speed, accuracy and timing was unreal.

Back