Elections $12,000! (Andrew Yang’s email list)

• Thread starter Deleted member 499399
  • Start date
I was under the impression that openly buying votes was illegal.

Any supporter of Andrew Yang has to justify how "Vote for me and I'll give you $1,000 a month." isn't blatant vote buying.

Also the fact that every single one of his policy choices has been A-B tested by focus groups confesses a serious amount of disingenuousness. The line between what Andrew Yang is currently doing, and someone just using carefully chosen language in order to manipulate you, is very thin.

Any supporter of Andrew Yang has to justify how "Vote for me and I'll give you $1,000 a month." isn't blatant vote buying.

Also the fact that every single one of his policy choices has been A-B tested by focus groups confesses a serious amount of disingenuousness. The line between what Andrew Yang is currently doing, and someone just using carefully chosen language in order to manipulate you, is very thin.
Another way to look at the A-B testing thing is that he is proposing to do what the majority of voters want as opposed to whatever the lobbyists decide the government should do.

Slick move by Yang tho. This is the cheapest acquisition of a big, good mailing list ever. Playedyourselves.gif

I like Yang. I don't like his strategy, but hes gaining momentum, so what do I know. I thought starring the debate by offering free money was a weak move.

I like Bernies health care plan the best

Really? How does that workout? Did it move you to another bracket?

Well it is true that there will be a tipping point you can identify with people above and below an income line where those who make above that line will be paying more than $12,000 for the $12,000 they get so that those who make less can get the $12,000 they get.

to make it ultimately simplistic just imagine you are with 10 friends. You pay $24k in taxes, 8 of your friends pay $12K in taxes and one friend is broke and pays no taxes.

The gov't takes in all the money and gives everyone back $12k they call a UBI, which means in fact you are the only who paid in for it. the others guys broke even or gained.

its really just a way to hide a progressive tax rate by giving it another name, which I have no issue with and think should be in place regardless.

Another way to look at the A-B testing thing is that he is proposing to do what the majority of voters want as opposed to whatever the lobbyists decide the government should do.

What is the difference between what Andrew Yang is currently doing, and someone simply using carefully chosen language in order to manipulate you?

Have any respected economists weighed in on whether UBI would lead to instant inflation, and lowered productivity?

I wipe my ass with 12k on da reg.
You must be much richer than me congrats. But I suggest you try Charmin it’s much softer.
What do you think about Yang offering 12 stacks to people just to go to his website? Is it genius or only brilliant?
How many people watching the debates ever bother to log onto one of the candidates websites? I would guess it’s a small percentage. Yang will have people who don’t even follow politics looking into his campaign.

Hand outs are insulting to the hard working people of this country, the spine, and the reason the scum can stand around with their hands out... Shouldn't the left realize by now that hand outs are like hand cuffs put on by their new "daddy", government...

I get this sentiment for sure but I also employ a lot of hard working people who might have even written your post but whom I could automate today if the motivating causes were strong enough. Right now the cost implications are such that I could automate my sales force down from about 25 to 4 and save close to a million dollars in the process. I don’t do it because, as of yet, there is still value to having boots on the ground in the territories. But that’s only valuable because most of the industry is still operating in that paradigm and it’s an expectation on the part of retailers. But that expectation is shifting and there WILL come a point in the foreseeable future where road warrior sales reps are relegated to history. Similar conditions are evolving on our factory floor as well. One sharp economic downturn and management will be sitting around, twiddling our thumbs, wondering how to reduce expenses rather than expand capacity as we currently are. Worst part is, there’s nothing unique about my business. This grim picture is entirely common.

Is what he is doing any worse that an individual (or business giving millions to a candidate though a SuperPac in exchange for promises of favorable legislation or, as is most often the case, executive orders to the SEC, Justice Department, etc to not focus enforcement resources on certain “minor” infractions?

You must be much richer than me congrats. But I suggest you try Charmin it’s much softer.
What do you think about Yang offering 12 stacks to people just to go to his website? Is it genius or only brilliant?
How many people watching the debates ever bother to log onto one of the candidates websites? I would guess it’s a small percentage. Yang will have people who don’t even follow politics looking into his campaign.
It's definitely a clever way to get folks on his website. The idea of a UBI is cool, but that money has to come from somewhere. What will be the point of sending me 1k a month if it will just be taken from me through taxes?

I get this sentiment for sure but I also employ a lot of hard working people who might have even written your post but whom I could automate today if the motivating causes were strong enough. Right now the cost implications are such that I could automate my sales force down from about 25 to 4 and save close to a million dollars in the process. I don’t do it because, as of yet, there is still value to having boots on the ground in the territories. But that’s only valuable because most of the industry is still operating in that paradigm and it’s an expectation on the part of retailers. But that expectation is shifting and there WILL come a point in the foreseeable future where road warrior sales reps are relegated to history. Similar conditions are evolving on our factory floor as well. One sharp economic downturn and management will be sitting around, twiddling our thumbs, wondering how to reduce expenses rather than expand capacity as we currently are. Worst part is, there’s nothing unique about my business. This grim picture is entirely common.

It's in every industry. AI and bots are the big thing in accounting and all forms of financial services. And I think you're absolutely right that the next downturn could have a big impact in moving industries along in automation just like the last one did.

Is what he is doing any worse that an individual (or business giving millions to a candidate though a SuperPac in exchange for promises of favorable legislation or, as is most often the case, executive orders to the SEC, Justice Department, etc to not focus enforcement resources on certain “minor” infractions?

Yes, attempting to openly and blatantly buy people's votes is objectively worse.

$1000 a month?

That would have been enough to live on before WW2 maybe.
I own my home. I don't really have tons of bills, cost of living is reasonably low here. I could do it. Wouldn't be a life of luxury but I wouldn't have to work either.

I hope some Alt-Right troll gets the $12,000 and broadcasts it all over social media.

Back