11 Year Old At DefCon "Hacking Conv." Changed Florida Election Results In A Replical Web. 10 Mins

PEB

Sunflower in support of Ukraine
@Steel
Reaction score
You cannot make this stuff up LOL.

p0wnyb0y-Audrey-1st-2nd-break-in-1200x775.jpg

An 11-year-old boy on Friday was able to hack into a replica of the Florida state election website and change voting results found there in under 10 minutes during the world’s largest yearly hacking convention, DEFCON 26, organizers of the event said.

Thousands of adult hackers attend the convention annually, while this year a group of children attempted to hack 13 imitation websites linked to voting in presidential battleground states. "

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/nation...ica-florida-state-website-in-under-10-minutes

Well yeah .... l et's see this punk face Tyson in Punch Out!

The kids growing up with the internet are going to do things we cant understand. Remember trying to explain this shit to our parents?
But Russia is easy for everyone to understand so let's go with that

And to think some people want all voting to be online. Because thats bound to be safe!

And to think some people want all voting to be online. Because thats bound to be safe!

Especially love the tweet where they go into some detail how the system was compromised using various SQL hacking methods and even talking about the type of SQL software use in various voting machines.

I think the counter position presented (either by the machine manufacturers or the Florida election board, I don't remember which) is that this didn't mirror the actual scenario in real life. There was something about the kids have unfettered physical access to the machines which is not how it works in reality. I don't know how much of a difference that makes but they assert that it does matter.

That said, I think this is still a significant issue and I'd like to know that more is being done to protect this element of our democracy.

I'm curious to see where this thread goes. I bet that it devolves into pointless bickering about a topic of conversation that the people doing the bickering don't understand at a very fundamental level. Any takers?

Let's not protect the integrity of our elections. Russian hacking was fake news, it was obviously this asshole kid

How the hell does an 11 year old learn to hack? Seriously, what books are they reading? Lol. Craziness..

You cannot make this stuff up LOL.

p0wnyb0y-Audrey-1st-2nd-break-in-1200x775.jpg

An 11-year-old boy on Friday was able to hack into a replica of the Florida state election website and change voting results found there in under 10 minutes during the world’s largest yearly hacking convention, DEFCON 26, organizers of the event said.

Thousands of adult hackers attend the convention annually, while this year a group of children attempted to hack 13 imitation websites linked to voting in presidential battleground states. "

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/nation...ica-florida-state-website-in-under-10-minutes

Out of curiosity, why parentheses around Hacking Convention? Defcon and Black Hat are hacking conventions

I'm curious to see where this thread goes. I bet that it devolves into pointless bickering about a topic of conversation that the people doing the bickering don't understand at a very fundamental level. Any takers?
Barron Trump needs to be the guy in charge of defending voting machines from hackers. I'm guessing a proper firewall would've stopped all of this. Anyway it is probably possible to hack into paper ballots as well so I don't see the problem.

Out of curiosity, why parentheses around Hacking Convention? Defcon and Black Hat are hacking conventions

I don't know how many people would know what DefCon is so the parentheses is to point out that it was a hacking convention. Just putting DefCon some may not know what it was supposed to be.

You all really believe that voting is necessary, sacred, or not fixed? Pffftt...

Jump back into reality. It doesn't matter who is in there, the Federal Reserve still controls the pursestrings while you rubes get locked into never ending debates about "transsexual rights" and all that other bullshit.

They've pulled the wool over your eyes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back