10-8 rounds last night?

aluinn1224

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Anyone else have the first two rounds 10-8 for Cain. One of the judges scored it like that. I thought they were 10-8 rounds.

Thoughts?

I'm encouraged by the more liberal use of the 10-8 round recently. Now if we could keep that up and get 10-10's used as often, it might make the 10 point must system almost tolerable.

The only problem I have with 10-10 rounds is we would probably see a shitload more ties

I had the first two rounds scored 10-8. I don't see how you could score them differently. JDS did nothing in those rounds except get dominated in every facet of the game. Barring some TDD early in the first and a couple of body shots, he showed no offense or defense. He started to fight back in rounds 3-5, which is why I did not give any 10-8s in those rounds.

I'm encouraged by the more liberal use of the 10-8 round recently. Now if we could keep that up and get 10-10's used as often, it might make the 10 point must system almost tolerable.

Absolutely. I also wouldn't mind seeing the traditionally rare 10-8 scored as a 10-7.

Here's how I wish it could be if they are going to insist on the 10 point must system:

Can't definitively say who won the round: 10-10

If you can say that one guy won the round, but not in particularly dominating fashion: 10-9

If one guy was clearly dominant in a round, like Jim Miller round one last night: 10-8

If one guy pummeled the other senseless/nearly finished/shamed/embarassed, etc. such as Glover vs. Maldonado: 10-7

You could argue that it's too subjective, but not a bit more than it is now. It would only work though if judges knew what the hell they were doing, which apparently isn't going to happen any time soon. It would prevent a guy from getting the benefit of the doubt in two incredibly close rounds, then getting his ass handed to him soundly in the third, and being awarded a basically arbitrary and undeserved decision.

I'm sure we'd see more fights scored a draw, but I don't care - if neither guy won the fight, then so be it. They are absolutely terrified of a fight being scored a draw.

I thought 10-8s were fair for those rounds.

Back