1 Supplement

Woob

French knickers belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I hear lots of poeple on this forum singing the preaises of many supplemnts and dogging down others. My question is, If you all could only take 1 just 1 supplement for training/weight or size gain, what would it be? The be all and end all mother of supplements.

thanks in advance

EDIT: If you really feel necessary to put more than one, put 3 max and rank them in order. Thanks

I love these kind of questions myself. I love lists: like the top 100 movies lists. When all those top 100 lists came out at the end of the millenium, I was in heaven.

However, I feel to answer this question is impossible. A "supplement" is just that; what I mean is that it depends on the person's diet what he/she needs to supplement with.

For example, far and away consuming a carb/protein mixture after a workout is more important to your success as an athlete than taking alpha lipoic acid, but that doesn't mean you have to get those carbs and protein in a protein powder shake. As far as I know, unlike creatine or protein or carbs, there is no food that in dietary proportions is going to supply the same amount of the ALA as supplement capsule (like tuna will with creatine).

Almost no Americans get enough Omega-3's, so I might say fish oil pill, but let's suppose you're Nordic or Mediterrenean or maybe just that American freak who can't go a day without his mackerel and salmon- if I recommend a fish oil pill to you, I've helped you none at all.

So I guess my answer is steroids.

Sorry, I know this isn't what you're looking for...but it's what you found.

mick, i was gonna say something like dbol/winni/test. but i went with the simple answer. i love lists too.

i would keep glutamine. my fav supplement. best for me for recovery imo

Madmick said:
I love these kind of questions myself. I love lists: like the top 100 movies lists. When all those top 100 lists came out at the end of the millenium, I was in heaven.

I like lists if I agree with them but when somebody makes a stupid list, I get annoyed.

my multi, fish oil, and greens... o yeh and fiber & protein.. lol :D (for me at least :wink: )

if we're excluding the basic vitamins and such i'd say muscle milk... the end all, be all? nope, but it worked for me in terms of helping me cut fat and build mass. In the past year I've gained 10 lbs, but lost a good amount of body fat.

Caffeine. I'd rather have the benefits of that in all aspects in life than some other supp gives me in only physical activity. I mean, post workout I can take a chicken breast for protein, sugar and oatmeal for fast/slow carbs and put it in a blender. I"m not saying it works, I'm just saying I can do it.

Top 3?

Caffeine
Alcohol
Steroids

**not simultaneously unless I don't have work/school the next day.

I was only 1/2 serious. But I don't think there is one super supplement. That is like saying "If you could only do one asstance exercise what would it be?" Its impossible because they are a small part of the picture and used to enhance other things. You cannot choose between close grip bench and reverse hypers.

Supps are only supplements. This has been said a lot, but it needs to keep on being said. You only supplement the aspect of your diet that you are lacking. Or you supplement a minor thing that you believe that you cannot get in significant quanities with a realistic diet. They are minor, and they all assist each other. Protein is not better or worse than a multi, and creatine is not better or worse than ECA. They all help and their rewards are normally synergistic when combined.

Rjkd12 said:
Caffeine. I'd rather have the benefits of that in all aspects in life than some other supp gives me in only physical activity. I mean, post workout I can take a chicken breast for protein, sugar and oatmeal for fast/slow carbs and put it in a blender. I"m not saying it works, I'm just saying I can do it.

Top 3?

Caffeine
Alcohol
Steroids

Hey man....can I come over?

Chad Hamilton said:
Hey man....can I come over?

Haha. No problem, as long as you leave the all natural bee pollen and tree bark from the spiritual tree of life at your place. Also if I see you with some sort of yoga mat you are not getting in :wink:

The only natural thing that enters my body is Natural light, and that is only if I"m running low on funds.

Either a multivit if you consider that a supplement, or whey.

Fish oil. Why? Cause Dan John says so.

Rjkd12 said:

Top 3?

Caffeine
Alcohol
Steroids

I don't think alcohol is a supplement man....it's more like an anti-supplement. lol

Since I dont consider anything your body NEEDS in order to work a supplement, (protein, fat, carbs, vitamins, minerals, water), im gonna say creatine monohydrate. Cheap, easy to use, and it works.

Back