0 carb noodles?

sen2two

Bangarang!
@Yellow
Reaction score
Hype, or the real deal?

I just recently started a very low-carb eating routine. I keep it under 50g of carbs a day, but as close to zero as possible. I mostly keep it close to 20-30 carbs a day. But there's not many choices of foods. Especially when it comes to picky eaters like myself. It would be nice to try a different meal every now and again...

Shirataki MiracleNoodle Shop!

Zuchinni can be cut into strips and boiled to replace spaghetti. I have yet to try it, but I hear it tastes exactly the same.

It's made from konyaku, from Japan. I eat it a couple of times a week. It is nothing like regular pasta in texture, but it's still nice to eat.

The taste is almost completely neutral so it will taste like whatever sauce you use but texture takes some getting used to, they can be rubbery as hell. Also drain the liquid off of them and rinse them before you do anything with them.

If you live near many asian markets you can usually find them there

Zuchinni can be cut into strips and boiled to replace spaghetti. I have yet to try it, but I hear it tastes exactly the same.
of course it doesn't taste exactly the same unless you have like 4 taste buds total on your tongue. it's just a low calorie rough approximation. i'd prefer not to boil zucchini if it's going to be used like that though. i just use a peeler to make thin ribbons and then sometimes cut them into thinner ribbons with a knife, but not always.

jew could always spray a little oil on zucchini strips and grill them as well.

I have had them...they are pretty good in a stir fry. As was said they take on the flavor of whatever you cook it with.

These days I don't eat that many carbs so I eat these all time. Some people say that they have a "Fishy" smell so wash them a couple of times first before using them. I like to boil them in water and eat them in a spagehetti dish with lean ground beef and mushroom and onions with low carlorie spagehetti sauce. I get my "fake" carb fix that way. It's pretty good I have 0 complaints.

Last edited by a moderator:
of course it doesn't taste exactly the same unless you have like 4 taste buds total on your tongue.

BAHAHA, that's so funny :D

I've found there's nothing zero carb that can really replace pasta unfortunately... Dreamfields make a great low carb one though.

everywhere i have looked for reviews all have the same complaint. Just about everyone complains about the texture feeling as if you were chewing on runner bands. But a few people said that was only if you cook them...

Some said to rinse in cold water, then hot water, dry, and then add your sauce or whatever. And the texture wouldnt be a problem?

anyone have something to add about the texture?

I just made these for the first time, rinsing thoroughly then boiling for 2 minutes then rinsing in cold water. These will definitely be making an appearance in my diet with some frequency. Just be aware of how much fiber is in these things, else yer in for a fun day.

^ after you boiled them, the texture wasn't "rubbery"?

I tried to find them locally. And everywhere i went they were completely sold out. The guy at the store said whenever they do come in, who ever finds them first usually buys all of them.

So who knows of a good place online to get them for cheap? The best i found so far was about 1.50 a bag. Which is good considering they were 2.70 at the store locally.

I found them unbearable myself. The smell before you wash them stuck in my head, and the texture is awful. Texture is a bug thing for me with food and I couldn't eat mrs than a couple bites. Give it a try though, others seem to like them.

^ after you boiled them, the texture wasn't "rubbery"?

As someone who missed noodles considerably when I went low carb, I found it to be totally forgivable. They're a bit rubbery, but also soft enough that they're not going to get chewy on you.

Go to a produce stand and ask for a spegattie (spelling) squash. I made it the other day and is awesome. The inside is just like angel hair pasta in texture, simmer in a skilled with olive oil and garlic, no carbs at all!!! look it up on google.

Go to a produce stand and ask for a spegattie (spelling) squash. I made it the other day and is awesome. The inside is just like angel hair pasta in texture, simmer in a skilled with olive oil and garlic, no carbs at all!!! look it up on google.

Spaghetti Squash still has carbs (all squash do) just not nearly as much as real pasta

I don't even like the texture of whole wheat pasta so I doubt this would go well

I had some spinach flavored ones called "pasta slim." It was shaped like linguine. It was ok I guess. It didn't really have much of a flavor at all. It is kinda rubbery. I am thinking of frying them up with a little bit of oil and soy sauce like a stir fry and see if that helps the consistency a bit.

Back