✝️ R.I.P. BIGWAVERIDER The Greatest Sherbro of All Time!

Many casuals think I’m a Khabib nut huger because of my avatar but once I tell them it’s BWR’s last gift to me just before he died, they feel so badly. The thing about BWR that no one understands, the guy was on his last days of his death bed and you can’t even sense it! That’s incredible, unbelievable and unheard off. People like BWR are extremely rare in our society especially these days! If BWR is not in the heavens then I doubt any of us has 1% chance of going there.
To relieve you if any not sures. Mike is at peace within heaven. Take this in comfort.

This is the hardest thing I've ever had to write on Sherdog. I still can't even believe this is true. My heart is broken. I haven't stopped crying since I found out. @bigwaverider has passed away. I received an email from his Nephew asking me to call him and after talking to him he told me that our Sherbro and my brother @bigwaverider had passed away.

His family asked me to let you guys know as they know how much we all loved him here and how much he was respected. He helped all of us, he brought joy, and laughter, and would do anything for anybody if they asked.

I want this so much to be some kind of awful joke but I'm afraid it isn't. I'm not going to get into what happened as this is all new and I'm still trying to come to terms with this myself, but I want us to let his family know how much we loved him and how much he means to us all.

I'll get a shoop thread up in a few days so we can send our brother off in the style he deserves. He loved the shoop scene here and it brought him so much joy, he loved it when somebody would contact him and ask him how to start shooping and that is exactly how we met and became great friends.

He was a mentor to me, a true friend and one of the greatest people I have ever had the pleasure of knowing. I consider myself lucky that I got to become such good friends with him over the years.

He taught me so much I don't even know where to begin. I struggled so much but he was always there and when I was too dumb to understand something he was explaining to me (which was all the time) he would take the time to make a video tutorial and make it look and sound so simple.

He was there for me when my Grandad passed and asked me every day how I was doing and went above and beyond to put a smile on my face with his amazing art and kind words.

I'm going to miss him so much and I still can't believe this has happened. I love you brother. Say hello to my Grandad for me in heaven. I'm sure you two will get along.

If you want to post a shoop please do but I will get a thread up for the biggest and best shoop thread that Sherdog has ever seen in a couple of days. I need some time.

Please offer your condolences to his family and let's show them how much he was loved here.

From his nephews:

"Thank you all for the kinda words, My name is Patrick Shaffer, I am @bigwaverider nephew. There is no words to put how gut wrenching this sudden loss is for me and my family. My family and I wanted to let EVERY SINGLE ONE of you know how much you meant to Mike in his life. Birthdays, Holidays didn't matter he always had something to say, or show what he was doing on the site. He dedicated a lot of time here so I felt it was only right to come on here and thank all of you for being the best community there is on the web. He truly dedicated a lot of time here and it meant the world to him. I am deeply saddened by this event but I know his spirit and memory will go on through his art, and I love you guys for that. I also want to say something small to @Arqueto. He spoke so highly of you every time i seen my uncle he loved helping you and seeing your progression . He considered you a dear friend, from the bottom of my heart that you and all of you sherbros for giving my uncle joy and happiness during his time here"

"Hey guys, my name is Adam. @bigwaverider was my uncle and would always tell me about this place and how much he enjoyed his time here. From the time I was a child, he was the one who got me into playing video games and learning the internet. If it wasn't for him I truly wouldn't be who I am today. It's truly amazing reading through this thread and seeing how loved he was by this community. Thank you all for making his time here memorable. All love from the family. RIP Uncle Mike."

From his sister

"This is Brenda , Michaels sister. I am at a loss for words to express how I feel over the passing of my beloved sweet caring generous kind brother. What I can say as this community meant the world to him and your friendship was all love to him. Thank you Arqueto for sharing Mike memory. I know you were all very important to him. I love you all for loving him ❤️"

RIP shoop god

I can't believe it has been a year already since we lost you; it feels like only a couple of months ago that I received the gut-wrenching news that you had passed.

Everyone here misses you and always will; the shooping in your thread has never stopped, is still going strong, and will always continue.

You're here in spirit with us and will always be, and all the work you put into this place and all its crazy shoopers will never be forgotten. I've been speaking to your Mum at least once a week since this happened, and she made a tremendous effort to get us all your work over the years. I promise to pass it on and showcase it so everyone can still learn from you and enjoy the amazing art you have made over the years. I love you, brother, always.

Gone but never forgotten

zbwSLJA.png

Sometimes I think of some random shit that should be mashed into an imagine like only big wave could do and I feel really sad that he isn't here with us any longer.

If he was here right now I'm pretty sure I could just tell him I need a hippo in a crate and he'd whip it up in a jiffy looking damn near exactly like what I was seeing in my head.

Big wave , I'm missing you in real time buddy and somehow I hope you know.

Back