Shoop ✌️Non Gif Shoop Contest v3 "B" - Voting Thread!!

VOTE FOR YOUR TOP 10 FROM THE TWO THREADS COMBINED. THIS IS ONE BIG VOTING POOL

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm pretty sure they have a lot more pictures but probably filter out all the bad ones and use what they think are the best to put on their website.

But it's odd because often different websites seem to have the same pictures.

Also, I assume these photographers would have cameras that can take multiple shots a second.

Would be nice to know.

They'ere taking thosands of images. That's why I find it odd that I can't find, say, a single frontal face shot of Romero. Oh well.

Hopefully something actually comes to me for this one (or I'm not so hungover that I wind up actually remembering to create something).

Anyone have any grand tips on where to find high quality images, post-fight? I generally google around and MMA Junkie and some other sites will have some, but this time (for the Yoel and Robert fight) it was the same basic shots over and over. I don't know, just wondering if I overlooked a good source.

I tend to Google my images. A lot of people recommend Ester Lynn but I have yet to find this magical place where she has her photos. I find a lot of images by adding "weigh in" or "fight" to the searches such as "Yoel Romero Weigh In". I like weigh in shots because they are generally clearer photos with no cage is in the way. The fighters at times show emotions at weigh ins like smiling, mean-mugging, or screaming. Also you can get front shots, 45 degree angle shots, and side shots. Adding "fight" to your search can bring up good results too. Sometimes adding "scream", "smile", "full body", "bloody", "interview", etc., can help too.

And as @Myrddin Wild pointed out, reverse image searches are awesome. They are vital in my opinion and I use them almost every search I do. Here is a tutorial, in the tutorial thread, on how to do it http://forums.sherdog.com/posts/127363521/. Basically after you find an image, if it is too small, you reverse image search it to find larger versions. This is a must for finding images. This is not in the tutorial link, but after you do your reverse image lookup, there will be a link for "Visually similar images". You can click that link and find images that are similar to the one you are searching for. This link can prove to be vital also and I have found tons of stuff by using it. I tend not to use Tineye unless I am desperate.

google-reverse-image-png.394737

Of course the Sherdog Shoop album is a very nice resource for images that are all ready cut out for you. https://sherdogshoop.imgur.com/ But you won't get anything from the current event in there until it gets updated with all the templates people used.

Regarding "high quality"... there's 2 things I use as my go to if a picture I find needs to be higher quality or if I just want a different size.
https://tineye.com/ actually has an app that works directly from "right click" on firefox... but you can just go to the website too.
https://images.google.com/ - then click on the icon in the box that looks like a camera

Lol well, i was expecting to finish last but i think i didnt do bad for first timer i guess

Proud of myself. .......... Hopefully i can only improve from here........ Unless i have no talent in any department lol

You did good by qualifying man.

giphy.gif

Attachments

• google-reverse-image.png
    google-reverse-image.png
    886 KB · Views: 32
They'ere taking thosands of images. That's why I find it odd that I can't find, say, a single frontal face shot of Romero. Oh well.

Just keep throwing out search terms in Google. Sometimes changing the "size" in your Google search can bring up a bunch of new stuff. Under where you typed your search, look for "Tools" then go to "Size". Google images is more powerful that people know. Don't forget minus and plus searches too as well as how to use quotes - these things -> " ". Google those to find out what they are. As a matter of fact just Google on how to use Google to search image haha.

Disappointed my shoop fell so flat, I was proud of that one. I didn't put any Easter eggs in it like I usually do, oh well. Just glad I'm moving on to the next round.

But I'm very happy to see new names in the top list, I love shoop prospects.

Yours was one of my tops. I had yours as 3rd best. I thought it would do better too. Yea lots of new faces. Our defending champ @Empty Emp didn't even submit an image. :-(

Literally created this piece of shit in a minute because it as right at the deadline.

Haha. Well thanks for entering.

Back