• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

⚫Rodtang vs Superlek (Full Fight Replay)

DoubleA012

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
The biggest Muay Thai fight in some time has came and gone, but ONE Championship has already put out the full fight replay. Enjoy this fight between Rodtang and Superlek!

I'll repost what I said in the thread in the MMA forum, since most of the folks here don't go over there much.

"I just rewatched the fight and I would have to disagree. Superlek landed way more than Rodtang in round 1, with more shot variety, as well as controlling the space and rhythm. Rodtang started to shine more in the final minute of the round, but ultimately landed two or three solid elbows and a hook or two before the bell rang. Round two was all Superlek (regardless of the knockdown), and round three was very close until the end where Superlek was just raining knees into Rodtang's ribs. This is definitely a fight I will be rewatching quite a few more times, but without all of the adrenaline and excitement, it starts to become more clear for Superlek's victory imo"

It was such a great fight and I am so happy we finally got to see it happen, even if it wasn't five rounds and Superlek missed weight. I really hope we get to see these guys fight again in a five rounder, it would be really interesting to see how it plays out!

It was such a great fight and I am so happy we finally got to see it happen, even if it wasn't five rounds and Superlek missed weight. I really hope we get to see these guys fight again in a five rounder, it would be really interesting to see how it plays out!

Yeah, Superlek sure won that 3 rounder but I really doubt he could have gone 2 more rounds.

Also, the missing weight is a shame because the size difference really showed.

Yeah, Superlek sure won that 3 rounder but I really doubt he could have gone 2 more rounds.

Also, the missing weight is a shame because the size difference really showed.

Yeah, I really hope we get to see them run it back in a five round fight; I think Rodtang could have pulled ahead and won today if it had been five. Superlek mentioned in the post-fight interview that he is going to talk with his team about moving up or continuing to attempt to make the 135 lbs weight limit. I think if he were to make 135 next time and still beat Rodtang, all doubters will be silenced. If he wins at a catchweight or at 145, many will complain about the weight/size advantage Superlek would have. Either way, I just want to see them fight again.

The 135 kickbox champ beat the 125 Muay Thai champ ? Looking for cliffs

Superlek looking kind of soft around the mid and boobies. He is used to dictating style and pace. He didn't have that luxury tonight.

Rodtang is a warrior but Superlek landed some beast knees. Rod didn't flinch but I think he will be deep in linament tomorrow.

Some of Superlek's clinching looked inactive latter time in each round. Seemed like recovery time to me.

Yeah, I really hope we get to see them run it back in a five round fight; I think Rodtang could have pulled ahead and won today if it had been five. Superlek mentioned in the post-fight interview that he is going to talk with his team about moving up or continuing to attempt to make the 135 lbs weight limit. I think if he were to make 135 next time and still beat Rodtang, all doubters will be silenced. If he wins at a catchweight or at 145, many will complain about the weight/size advantage Superlek would have. Either way, I just want to see them fight again.

He's missed a couple in q row, he needs to move up.

Both fighters fought like beasts. In my first opinion seconds before the result vcame out i thought Rodtang blows where heavier but Superlek throwed more often/ie. landed more. On the other side the blood alone at the face from Superlek dampened the result in favour of superlek for me (just by instinct not by mind, i have to overcome it and accept that blood alone does not hamper the result/points landed). Both are beasts. In my opinion Rodtang in general is a F_CKING BEAST. WOW! WOW SUPERLEK TOO!

Also i thought that Superlek should fight from the outside because of his reach advantage (i am a boxer).... and avoiding the heavy blows of the shorter Rodtang.

Both fighters fought like beasts. In my first opinion seconds before the result vcame out i thought Rodtang blows where heavier but Superlek throwed more often/ie. landed more. On the other side the blood alone at the face from Superlek dampened the result in favour of superlek for me (just by instinct not by mind, i have to overcome it and accept that blood alone does not hamper the result/points landed). Both are beasts. In my opinion Rodtang in general is a F_CKING BEAST. WOW! WOW SUPERLEK TOO!

Also i thought that Superlek should fight from the outside because of his reach advantage (i am a boxer).... and avoiding the heavy blows of the shorter Rodtang.
It seems to make sense when your first instinct is to punch but that size advantage in the plum pays dividends (with knees).
Though, Superlek almost seemed to need a wake up elbow to also defend elbows in the clinch.

The biggest Muay Thai fight in some time has came and gone, but ONE Championship has already put out the full fight replay. Enjoy this fight between Rodtang and Superlek!

Thanks dude! I had ben looking forward to this for awhile and managed to be unspoiled.

That was an insane war. I thought it was really close. Rodtang's agression really shined in moments but i had Superlek favoured to win the decision with his more varied attack and clear 2nd round win with the knockdown. I still honestly had no idea how the judges were going to see it given the damage from the elbows in the 1st causing big gashes and Rodtangs torrid start to the 3rd. Rodtang can really take a shot, he barely flinched despite getting cracked with some crazy blows like that elbow to the temple in the 1st. Superlek being much more varied in where he threw his shots and landing the harder shots for me that really made the difference. Both guys deserve major props.

Suoerlek clearly won imo. I think the size played a huge factor. He needs to go to 45 though

Another view of the knockdown

Looks like he got elbowed in the face and rolled his ankle on the way down. I've seen a few posts where they insist the knockdown wasn't legit and show an alternate angle, but I don't see it. Rodtang is tough as nails and recovered fast, but from every bit I can tell, he got knocked down

Another view of the knockdown

Looks like he got elbowed in the face and rolled his ankle on the way down. I've seen a few posts where they insist the knockdown wasn't legit and show an alternate angle, but I don't see it. Rodtang is tough as nails and recovered fast, but from every bit I can tell, he got knocked down

Yeah, I love Rodtang, he's my favorite to watch, well and Tawanchai but from this new view it looks like he got caught in the head, maybe even the temple, rolled his ankle and had a flash KO. He recovered immediately, but seems legit to me.

Back