“Only Cowards tap to Strikes.”

Sorry, I like GSP but he quit.

Tapping to strikes when you’re completely spent and are just taking damage is something different than tapping out in the middle of the opening round. GSP doesn’t like not being in control and when he wasn’t, he took the exit sign.

If a bone is going to break, tap.

If it's a choke, don't tap.

If you can't win and don't want further brain damage, just tap out.

I'd rather prolong my career than have the "respect" of fickle, shitty "fans" who will turn on you for any reason. The same "fans" who don't even have the courage to fight, despite telling people to be "warriors" to take a beating for their own entertainment.

Tapping to strikes when you’re completely spent and are just taking damage is something different than tapping out in the middle of the opening round. GSP doesn’t like not being in control and when he wasn’t, he took the exit sign.

Might wanna go back and watch the first BJ fight and the Hendricks fight.

I have seen numerous people on this forum say that GSP can’t be the GOAT because “he tapped to strikes from a manlet.”
An entertaining thought, but has me wondering why fighters get a pass for tapping to a blood choke, which causes no lasting damage, yet are looked at like cowards if they tap to CTE inducing strikes that they can no longer intelligently defend themselves from?
What do you think, Sherdawgs; are you less of a man/ fighter if you tap to strikes and what’s your reasoning for your opinion.

Stop trolling GSP.

Have you ever been in a fist fight? My goodness if you really think fighters tap to strikes because exhaustion and not because of the repetitive concussive blows they’re taking.

I have seen numerous people on this forum say that GSP can’t be the GOAT because “he tapped to strikes from a manlet.”
An entertaining thought, but has me wondering why fighters get a pass for tapping to a blood choke, which causes no lasting damage, yet are looked at like cowards if they tap to CTE inducing strikes that they can no longer intelligently defend themselves from?
What do you think, Sherdawgs; are you less of a man/ fighter if you tap to strikes and what’s your reasoning for your opinion.

I have 2 losses and both were tko's due to strikes. I needed surgery to repair an orbital blowout fracture and broken nose, then a surgery for an sta aneurysm and broken nose in my second loss.

I wish I would have tapped. It didn't end my career but it cost me years.

I like to generally think that if you have the wherewithal to tap to strikes you have the wherewithal to try to defend yourself intelligently... but also if you're taking a beating and feel like you have no way out the ref shoulda noticed this and already stopped it.

So yeah idk fuck me I guess
Fair point, and if MMA cornermen had more of a boxing mentality instead of "let him go out on his shield", they would throw in the towel much more often than they do. If you know your fighter (and care about him on a human level), you as a coach /cornerman would know when he's done.

Sometimes fighters are too tough for their own good and need to be protected from themselves; sometimes (Pennington vs Nunes) the fighter wants out and their idiot coach prevents them from doing it.

Sometimes fighters are too tough for their own good and need to be protected from themselves

In my own personal experience, I didn't even realize both times when I should have tapped out to save myself. There was no "I hope the ref or my corner stops this" moment.

Most of the time a concussion has already happened or is happening and a fighters judgment isn't exactly clear.

Last edited:
In my own personal experience, I didn't even realize both times when I should have tapped out to save myself. There was no "I hope the ref or my corner stops this" moment.

Most of the time a concussion has already happened or is happening as well.
Thank You for sharing your experience Sherbro. I hope you're okay. Respect.

Imagine calling a professional fighter a "coward" in a forum.

Imagine calling Georges St. Pierre, a "coward" in a forum.

Only in Sherdog do you see such a shameless display of stupidity.

Back