“I just got caught” = “I’m not good enough/I have a weak chin/I’m too slow/I was outsmart”

PrideJitZoo

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
When ever a fighter says they just “got caught” I think it’s just another way to say they suck while trying to save face.

Am I wrong?

What’s your definition of getting “caught”?

What do you want them to say?

It happens. Especially since its bullshit the UFC interviews the loser right after being KO'd. Like Rogan has said, its fucking stupid to interview a fighter after being KO'd or TKO'd its disrepectful.

If they fought within the rules and had the spine to get in the cage, they should be afforded that much respect.

This sport has an extremely small margin for error, so in some cases it might be true. Getting dominated for 25 minutes straight is a lot different than being competitive and making a stupid mistake that your opponent capitalizes on. But a loss is a loss either way, so meh.

It's someone who is proud of who they are trying to reason with themself why they lost. It takes a lot of confidence and pride to fight on a stage like that. It's perfectly understandable to see someone try to piece things together however they need to help them get through the loss.

Not necessarily, even fighters with quicker reflexes can occasionally get caught by inferior fighters and it happens all the time e.g. Serra beating GSP. There is always a certain random luck factor and anyone can get caught, its just that the chances of it happening are lower the better you are.

that phrase always reminds me of Chocolate Al

Sometimes true. Sometimes not. It really is a case by case, or fight by fight, basis. Generally speaking, yes I agree with you.

When ever a fighter says they just “got caught” I think it’s just another way to say they suck while trying to save face.

Am I wrong?

I'm gonna catch you in a lawsuit "bro"

This sport has an extremely small margin for error, so in some cases it might be true. Getting dominated for 25 minutes straight is a lot different than being competitive and making a stupid mistake that your opponent capitalizes on. But a loss is a loss either way, so meh.
Exactly. You can caught in 2 seconds or after 3 rounds after being ahead on all the score cards. It happens.

Getting caught does happen in fights so in one way it is not an excuse, but they should probably look into how they got caught.
Did they take the bait, did they walk into a trap?

Sometimes. But sometimes they just got caught. Shit happens.

A PRIME example of “just getting caught” is ALDO V Mcgrgeor.

On another note, if you dont know what getting caught really means than you really are a noob. Your thought process is totally WRONG.

In a way I agree but it just happens and no fighter is gonna come out and say I suck lol they're competitors they have to rationalize it in a way that gets them motivated to try again

GSP got caught against Serra, Cain got caught against JDS, most others is more of a excuse.

Am I wrong?

Sometimes you dip when you should have ducked, and you get caught.

Back