“I do think he created an enormous amount of interest in him fighting khabib” - @WhitlockJason

Maybe.

But his track record of actually SIGNING over the past year and a half against top guys in the UFC is another story.

He doesn't need to create and more interest.
Conor vs anyone is the biggest UFC PPV of the year anyway.

Conor vs Khabib isn't bigger than Joshua vs Wilder anyway.

Fuuuuuck that guy...s opinion. As if they fucking need any extra shit to market a Conor MMA return. That shit made our joke of a sport an even bigger joke.

Fuuuuuck that guy...s opinion. As if they fucking need any extra shit to market a Conor MMA return. That shit made our joke of a sport an even bigger joke.
the fans were interested in that fight a long time ago.

levels to everything. Any Conor fight Is a sell.

but now Khabib Conor would almost certainly be the biggest fight in UFC history by a good margin.

levels to everything. Any Conor fight Is a sell.

but now Khabib Conor would almost certainly be the biggest fight in UFC history by a good margin.
That short term money is like cocaine to wme

It's not all about that though.
Wilder's already supposedly been offered $12.5m which far more than Khabib will get to fight Conor.
Who knows.

Khabib plays a huge part In the numbers this fight will do, particularly If it goes down In russia.

I could see him getting a pretty massive payday. Nate reportedly made like 13 mil for the 2nd Conor fight with ppv points.

lol @ listening to anything Shitlock says.

I thought this thread would be about some nerd from the UFC press corps; talking about how much the grandmother in Iowa cares about Khabib wanting to fight GSP.

I forget it was just one of those ESPN analysts.

Who knows.

Khabib plays a huge part In the numbers this fight will do, particularly If it goes down In russia.

I could see him getting a pretty massive payday. Nate reportedly made like 13 mil for the 2nd Conor fight with ppv points.

The Wilder amount is the opening offer of a reported £75m (so about $100m) fight.

Do they even do UFC PPVs in Russia as PPV's or is the tv deal like it is in various places and a fixed fee for them all?

Moscow is 7 hours ahead of New York so a good time for Russia is a bad time for the US and vice versa, a UFC main event is at 9am on a Sunday morning usually.

You can guarantee Russians aren't paying $60 or whatever that is in roubles for it anyway.

I think signing a bout agreement and saying I am coming for that belt!
Would worked at least or even better than throwing dollies..

It's not all about that though.
Wilder's already supposedly been offered $12.5m which far more than Khabib will get to fight Conor.
As HW champ thats not too much. GGG finally started making that kinda money fighting Canelo I believe.

Anythony Joshuas last fight was terrible and aired during the day....I dont follow boxing that much but if people are hyped for that fight after his last performance, I know im not missing much

I will never care what Jason Whitlock has to say about absolutely anything.

How does this make an enormous amount of interest for a fight that will never happen ?

Back