• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Media “Did anybody in here score it for Volkanovski?” - Dana at PostFightPressConference

I don't get the unconditional love they're showing Max.

First he's the FW GOAT, which he wasn't, cause you can't be FW GOAT vs Aldo's resume, and you can't be FW GOAT by being Conors, Dustins and now Volkanovski's bitch...

Then he can't lose he title, which he did, twice( well once but you get what I'm sayin)...

Are we going to watch this matchup till Max wins ?

The fuck is going on ?!

As for the fight, it was close, can't lie, but Max didn't win. He had the more attractive points with the headkicks and shit, but he didn't win.

Blessed won that fight definitely. If you look at octagon control and landed strikes Holloway wins in all categories. Also he dropped him twice in the first 2 rounds

Is normal. If you want the belt you have to really steal it from the champ. A fight that close isn't usually enough to do that.

nothing to say about the other point, ur right on that.
Okay, fair enough. I also agree with you, apart from the last takedown, volk couldn't keep max down.
I think his wrestling is over rated, and his striking and cardio is under rated.
Thanks for being reasonable mate, sorry for trash talking a bit.

Okay, fair enough. I also agree with you, apart from the last takedown, volk couldn't keep max down.
I think his wrestling is over rated, and his striking and cardio is under rated.
Thanks for being reasonable mate, sorry for trash talking a bit.
no problem, I was myself trash talking a bit on volk performance.

*Crickets*

nobody in the media?”

*Crickets*

yeah, so, we’ll have to work it out

@1:50

<3>To all you fools saying Max didn’t deserve the rematch.

You think anyone was gonna speak up against Dana in that moment? According to media decisions,about a third scored it for Volkanovski.

lol like the media is gonna pipe up when he asks that question

if they do

bye bye no more fight island for you moron

Just no way Volkan won that fight sorry. Barely won a single clear round.

lol, so if they fight again, and it's another close fight that volkanovski wins, will dana setup a fourth? of course dana is only doing this to setup a money-making third fight. what all this really shows, is how important holloway is to the ufc. if he's no longer seen as championship material, his stock goes way down. he's not going to be champ at 155, and now not seemingly at 145.

Max clearly won that. Just like every pro fighter/dana thought. Not surprised that you morons on this forum think he lost.

i love when people have complete black and white views about fights that were obviously not one-sided or clear. it was a close fight. the judges gave it to volkanovski. not a clear victory for either.

What a sh** comparison.

A random bum” wasn’t on a 14-fight win streak or defended the Title multiple times including 2 consecutive finishes of the divisions GOAT.

Volk edged the rounds with point fighting, never once putting Max in any serious danger or threatening a finish.

In my book, a Champ of that caliber losing a decision in that fashion deserves the chance to redeem himself especially when he himself had no problem in allowing the previous Champ the same.

People counted out Max, saying he had nothing for Volk and yet in all of the ten rounds they’ve fought the two most decisive rounds occurred in the rematch and belonged to Max.
I thought the 1st fight were mostly decisive rounds for Volk. I don't think you ever deserve an immediate rematch, regardless of how many wins you have, unless it's a controversial decision or something(which is wasn't).

It's not a shit comparison. Your point was "look at how good he did" as your reasoning for calling out people for thinking he didn't deserve an immediate rematch. Anyone can do well in a fight against someone. That is not relevant to whether or not they deserved the fight in the first place. I don't think he deserved the rematch because he decisively lost the 1st fight. I certainly think he arguably won last night though (I thought Volk won 3-5 but certainly can understand someone saying Max won the 3rd).

Nonetheless, I'd say he deserves an immediate rematch moreso now than I thought after the first fight because of the circumstances.... he arguably won...unlike last time.

I blame Bisping for all the butt hurt. He's not there to score the fight he should STFU and just commentate on the action.

Is the whole moving forward/octagon control thing still a part of scoring criteria?

Deserves a rewatch, but aside from strikes, I remember Max dominating that aspect of it too for 90% of the fight. Actually I might be thinking of Aldo. Idk, someone kept walking someone down and only stepping back to evade.

Imo Max won round 1 and 2. Volk 4 and 5. Third round Volk edged it but could have gone either way. It was a coin flip but keep in mind that Volk went hard in the later rounds. Those are the championship rounds. Also to beat the champ you must win decisively. Like I said, it was as coin flip that went to the champ. Nothing new.

Dont make a 3rd fight please.

Back