“Cautious Gaethje” beats Alvarez and Poirier

TheAnnihilator

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
Justin fought with his ego against Poirier and Alvarez and lost. He taught he could take unlimited punishment and win.

He loss and learned and evolved. Tonight’s Cautious Gaethje picked his spots and fought smart AF. The man is The Threat at 155.

Love justin, nobody has a bigger heart, but those guys beat him fair and square and hes still the same fighter, I see him losing vs top 5 still.

There is always a window to make new adjustments, but both guys showed few qualities over him that's not easy to overcome. Poirier has a toolbox to keep him off and play his game, and Eddie can fight a dogfight with almost anyone.

He's NEVER cautious, so how would you know?

Love justin, nobody has a bigger heart, but those guys beat him fair and square and hes still the same fighter, I see him losing vs top 5 still.

Of course it was fair and square; I don’t think any sane person would debate you in that. However, Gaethje has improved since his UFC debut and is therefore a problem in the division. I feel like he’s improved, at the very least he has proven himself.

It’s a pointless debate. The future is forward not back.

Wouldn't say he was cautious tonight, in fact there were obvious times he just got into a messy slug fest.

Barboza just doesnt like when good strikers pressure him

And Khabib imo, cautious or not, I doubt they will fight but Gaethje with his skillset is probably in the top 3 likely fighters to beat Khabib at Light weight.

I mean, the fight with Alvarez was pretty close before the KO.

Back