Social ‘Hold them captive’: Australian billionaire boss aims to end staff going out for coffee

I'm with this guy.

If the employee goes down the road for a coffee, it costs a flipping fortune!

He's not even talking about the company, IMO, he's trying to save the employee some hard-earned brass!

Greed is real and many people at the top of the business world don't get there by accident.

What are the odds this guy is in the office 5 days a week every week?

Probably 6 or 7 days a week... these dudes are married to their jobs

Their home lives? That's another matter

Anyway, he's talking about employees leaving the office during the day for coffee?

Why should employees feel entitled to do this during work hours when not on break? Do they not have coffee at the office?

Also... as a non-smoker... it's amazing how often smokers take their breaks if left on their own... typically 10 minutes once an hour.

If other employers offer more flexibility and similar compensation and working conditions, he won't be able to get the best people.
Sounds more like he IS trying to get the best people and weed out the ones who want to keep running out for coffee, taking smoke breaks every hour and don't even want to show up.

Doesn't sound that evil when you actually read it in full tbf. A creche that's much cheaper than paying for childcare elsewhere could be a massive help to employees with kids.
- When i saw the title i thought about Bradley P. Richfield

MV5BNTk2MzAzOTE1OF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNDM3ODUyMjE@._V1_.jpg

But he looks cool!

Probably 0%

He is working 80's then goes home to think about business.
In the office? I know people that work 4 day weeks but it's 10 hours a day so they make up the time. Now there's a big difference between getting paid by the hour and being salaried with bonuses. Execs take the work home with them but they make a few times to dozens of time the pay.

This company does seem to be providing good amenities though. People working there probably don't mind staying in the building if they can get good affordable food, a gym, daycare, and those types of things.

Imagine every waking hour spent conjuring up ways to improve profit at the expense of everything else. A hatful of hollow.
These seem like good policies to me. He prefers people stay in the office and is instituting polices to entice them not to go out on breaks.

Probably 6 or 7 days a week... these dudes are married to their jobs

Their home lives? That's another matter

Anyway, he's talking about employees leaving the office during the day for coffee?

Why should employees feel entitled to do this during work hours when not on break? Do they not have coffee at the office?

Also... as a non-smoker... it's amazing how often smokers take their breaks if left on their own... typically 10 minutes once an hour.
I agree about smokers but office workers aren't kept in their chair all day. You take 5 or 10 minutes to walk around and stretch out about every hour or two.

When I used to smoke, we would take an unofficial smoke break at 9am for 15 mins. Go back to the balcony at 10 during coffee break. Lunch. Another coffee break at 3pm. I remember smoking at 3pm with my colleagues then went back to my desk. At 5pm I went back for a smoke break and they're still there. Lol! Degenerate behavior.

I really don’t see the issue. Ive worked in several companies offices and many have cafeterias with a variety of options and coffee bars. Some have gyms and daycare as well.
Also, many companies have huge facilities that can cover acres of land. It can take ten minutes just to get out of the building and another ten to get to your car and off property.

Back