‘Disappointed’ by treatment from White and UFC, Matt Riddle now making more as a pro wrestler

TheHNICuLuv2Hate

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
When Matt Riddle got his walking papers from the UFC, it came with some real bad blood. Dubbed by the promotion as a “weak minded dummy,” Riddle has built a successful career as a pro wrestler.

Dana - “You have to go to work three times a year, and you couldn't pass a drug test? You're so weak-minded and so addicted to marijuana, that you couldn't stay off it enough to pass a drug test three times a year. Well, guess what dummy, they drug test in the real world, too!"

"That didn't hurt," Riddle said of Dana White’s comments. "I was just more disappointed. I spilled a lot of blood and broke some bones for that company, and to be talked down to, that was disappointing. But for me, it was more the fact he said that I'd never be able to earn money being a loser and this and that. And I can honestly say, I'm making more money than I ever did in UFC, and doing it on my terms and loving life. Granted, I'll never be Dana White rich, but I don't want to be. I'm not that kind of guy."

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2017/4/1...na-white-comments-marijuana-drug-test-failure

Boring fighter. Smoking weed was the only cool thing about him.

News flash, Red: every fighter spills blood to get their dream. Not every fighter is good enough to make it, but you got on TV and got exposure, so quit whining because you couldn't make it as a fighter. Used to like this kid, but he's still bitching about Dana?

Well he tested he pissed hot twice for weed in a span of 6 months...

Obviously you are not going to be making money when you are constantly suspended for failed drug tests.

He was his own worst enemy in MMA. Good for him on finding happiness, though.

Matt has a ton of potential as a pro wrestler. Still green, but ton of potential there.

Happy for Matt. Good dude.

he got cut for saying he smoked weed so he wouldnt beat his kids, i dont think it had anything to do with marijuana

All he does is rip bongs and kick ass.

Also lmao that he makes more money in some no name wrestling league that isn't even televised than in the UFC.

he was never going to be great in MMA and he couldn't pass a drug test to save his life

Don't understand how MMA fighters fail these weed test. Yeah its dumb they test for it but it isn't that hard to just stop if you have a job that requires you to do so.

Dana was understandably pretty pissed off at him at the time. I always liked Riddle though glad he's doing well for himself

Listening to your guy on JR3 was like pulling teeth out my anus

Lol at making more money. Nobody believes that.

He is an Indy wrestler making $500 per show. Nothing to brag about.

When Matt Riddle got his walking papers from the UFC, it came with some real bad blood. Dubbed by the promotion as a “weak minded dummy,” Riddle has built a successful career as a pro wrestler.

Dana - “You have to go to work three times a year, and you couldn't pass a drug test? You're so weak-minded and so addicted to marijuana, that you couldn't stay off it enough to pass a drug test three times a year. Well, guess what dummy, they drug test in the real world, too!"

"That didn't hurt," Riddle said of Dana White’s comments. "I was just more disappointed. I spilled a lot of blood and broke some bones for that company, and to be talked down to, that was disappointing. But for me, it was more the fact he said that I'd never be able to earn money being a loser and this and that. And I can honestly say, I'm making more money than I ever did in UFC, and doing it on my terms and loving life. Granted, I'll never be Dana White rich, but I don't want to be. I'm not that kind of guy."

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2017/4/1...na-white-comments-marijuana-drug-test-failure
no one who steps in the octagon will be dana white rich

Back