Zuffa/UFC fanboys are starting to sound like Flat Earthers !

I like watching people fight eachother with as few rules as possible, and I want to see the best in the world at it. They're all in the UFC.
The UFC meets my demands, why would I not be a fan?

Meh.

TS is right on a number of points. But Zuffa is positioning, right now. we've yet to see how it all plays out.

And WMMA has actually been a significant boon for the UFC. Ronda has helped them expand their viewership and increase their notoriety.

They're working on the lower weight classes. So far it's been a bust, but Conor may change that some if he can go on a run.

They need to somehow get themselves out of the PPV spiral if they really want to see growth in the long term, though (i.e. They are stuck in a place, now, where if they put on their biggest fights for free, people won't bother paying for PPV's. but if they don't better their free cards, they can't grow their fan base).
People tend to look through Sherdog lenses then U.S. lenses. The UFC just started turning a profit 5 years ago. Since then they have grown into a billion dollar company and during that time they did the Fox deal, the lower weight classes, and WMMA.

What some people are ignoring is any profit is a good thing and the more things drawing one the better. Not everything has to be a bank breaker. And 4-5 weight classes turning a profit is much better than 5 less.

And people also seem not to understand that some moves that may not be popular with Sherdog fans are still making the UFC money. They think because they don't like something that must mean it can't possibly be doing well.

The PPV thing I agree is getting tricky, especially with the injuries. But this thread is from someone who thinks it was a better business move to stay on FX and not have WMMA. Its hard to take anything serious after that. Especially when he tries to label anyone who doesn't agree with his large array of complaints is ignorant and a Zuffa Zombie.

Last edited:
Yes, it was so much better to not see prelim fights, to not have title fights for free on FOX, to not have divisions where Faber/Cruz/Aldo, etc could shine, to have Evans vs Salmon main event on Spike, etc.

But the fact remains, in 2011 and before you would need to get to Buffalo Wild Wings two hours before the Main Card just to get a standing only spot. But now, you can walk in half way through the Main Card and find a seat.

I agree with some or most of your points, and I think the UFC is a bad influence on MMA.. to American, too commercial, too soft.

But, on that particular point of yours: maybe people have just realized it's retarded to watch a sports event at a place where people go to get fat :)

These are interesting interpretations. I guess it depends on whether the writer meant a circle sitting flat or sitting upright. My initial reading is that he means a circle upright, in much the way that the sun or moon would've looked to primitive man.

It's probably also worth noting that the Hebrew word for circle (חוג

There is a segment of society which truly believes the Earth is flat, regardless of how much evidence and logic clearly indicates it is not.

It is getting to the point where we need to start viewing those who keep defending where the UFC is today in the same light.

At first it was the move from Spike to FOX. A move many considered unnecessary and overreaching given MMA was always considered a niche sport.

Then came the addition of the smaller weight classes below Lightweight. Mind you, the WEC was struggling to hold it's own, yet the UFC decided to add these weight classes and shove it down our throats. Then came WMMA - which to this day is weak except for Ronda and Joanna in terms of talent. And the ratings absolutely vindicate those of us who have been saying that every since 2011, the UFC just isn't brining the excitment and draw it used to. Yes, once in a while they'll have a fantastic card.

But the fact remains, in 2011 and before you would need to get to Buffalo Wild Wings two hours before the Main Card just to get a standing only spot. But now, you can walk in half way through the Main Card and find a seat.

And now the Reebok deal - a deal which has fallen on it's face and is being mocked all over the web for poor designs and mistakes which only validate Reebok as a 2nd tier company.

Yet, with all this, there are those who keep thinking the UFC is as awesome as it was in previous years. And it's not nostalgia - because in business, you don't change for the sake of changing. You change for the sake of profit and growth. But in what way has the changes the UFC has decided to make really made them a better company ?

But I yield the floor to the Zuffa brides who are just going to apologize for the company's actions for the next five pages.
Proof of that?
Maybe people have realized Buffalo Wild Wings is mediocre and they go elsewhere to watch.

Bronze_spear_detail.png
?

No, this kind!

b5fae4fbbbef5ae10db21d6373c31ecb.gif

Back