Zuffa/UFC fanboys are starting to sound like Flat Earthers !

The bible suggests that the earth is flat, so that must be true.
Dana says that the UFC is doing well, so that must be true.

I can see the resemblance.

Actually. . .

Isaiah 40:22: "He sits enthroned above the circle of the earth, and its people are like grasshoppers. He stretches out the heavens like a canopy, and spreads them out like a tent to live in."

Actually. . .

Isaiah 40:22: "He sits enthroned above the circle of the earth, and its people are like grasshoppers. He stretches out the heavens like a canopy, and spreads them out like a tent to live in."

that proves his point. a circle is not a sphere

Meh.

TS is right on a number of points. But Zuffa is positioning, right now. we've yet to see how it all plays out.

And WMMA has actually been a significant boon for the UFC. Ronda has helped them expand their viewership and increase their notoriety.

They're working on the lower weight classes. So far it's been a bust, but Conor may change that some if he can go on a run.

They need to somehow get themselves out of the PPV spiral if they really want to see growth in the long term, though (i.e. They are stuck in a place, now, where if they put on their biggest fights for free, people won't bother paying for PPV's. but if they don't better their free cards, they can't grow their fan base).

Like I have been saying, more people are realizing Mma was a fad

That's a BS argument. In business, you can always move back to the concept and package which made you more profitable. Change isn't always welcomed or needed.
So your profitable business plan is to ditch the cash cows which are Ronda and McGregor and go back to focusing on the 300k buys HW division?

There are sherbros on here who sincerely believe that conor McGregor is more famous than LeBron James and they will argue that point until they become so enraged they end up getting banned

It is what it is. Keep putting on good fights and I'll keep watching, I don't really care about the other stuff.

There is a segment of society which truly believes the Earth is flat, regardless of how much evidence and logic clearly indicates it is not.

It is getting to the point where we need to start viewing those who keep defending where the UFC is today in the same light.

At first it was the move from Spike to FOX. A move many considered unnecessary and overreaching given MMA was always considered a niche sport.

Then came the addition of the smaller weight classes below Lightweight. Mind you, the WEC was struggling to hold it's own, yet the UFC decided to add these weight classes and shove it down our throats. Then came WMMA - which to this day is weak except for Ronda and Joanna in terms of talent. And the ratings absolutely vindicate those of us who have been saying that every since 2011, the UFC just isn't brining the excitment and draw it used to. Yes, once in a while they'll have a fantastic card.

But the fact remains, in 2011 and before you would need to get to Buffalo Wild Wings two hours before the Main Card just to get a standing only spot. But now, you can walk in half way through the Main Card and find a seat.

And now the Reebok deal - a deal which has fallen on it's face and is being mocked all over the web for poor designs and mistakes which only validate Reebok as a 2nd tier company.

Yet, with all this, there are those who keep thinking the UFC is as awesome as it was in previous years. And it's not nostalgia - because in business, you don't change for the sake of changing. You change for the sake of profit and growth. But in what way has the changes the UFC has decided to make really made them a better company ?

But I yield the floor to the Zuffa brides who are just going to apologize for the company's actions for the next five pages.

Firstly, I think your evidence is a far cry from that which proves the earth isn't flat. Photos, the fact that large celestial bodies can't be flat, etc.

Secondly, I think you start to have something around the addition of the mens 125/135lbs weight classes. Historically they sell like shit and most fans seem to tolerate them while waiting for real fights.

I'm 100% onboard for the Reebok segment. The Reebok deal and the uniforms are about the ugliest shit I've ever seen.

In summary - Your logic is a complete miss, but you accidentally make some salient points. You have my golf clap, sir.

Actually. . .

Yeah, the Bible says the Earth looks like a flat disc. It says "circle" - not spear.

A sphere and a circle look exactly the same from a distance.

Only if you're looking at the flat sides of the circle with no angle whatsoever. Any rotation of said circle and it's clearly not a sphere.

I guess it depends on how you interpret it. I don't read that passage and think the writer is describing a flat earth.

a canopy isnt sphere like, nor is a tent. Truthfuly tho im just tryin to nit pick and be a prick. sorry sir

Only if you're looking at the flat sides of the circle with no angle whatsoever. Any rotation of said circle and it's clearly not a sphere.

Yes.

But you're not looking at a circle. You're looking at the Earth... which is a sphere. But from a distance, it could just as easily be a circle.

Yes.

But you're not looking at a circle. You're looking at the Earth... which is a sphere. But from a distance, it could just as easily be a circle.

homie.....stop while you're ahead

There is a segment of society which truly believes the Earth is flat, regardless of how much evidence and logic clearly indicates it is not.

It is getting to the point where we need to start viewing those who keep defending where the UFC is today in the same light.

At first it was the move from Spike to FOX. A move many considered unnecessary and overreaching given MMA was always considered a niche sport.

Then came the addition of the smaller weight classes below Lightweight. Mind you, the WEC was struggling to hold it's own, yet the UFC decided to add these weight classes and shove it down our throats. Then came WMMA - which to this day is weak except for Ronda and Joanna in terms of talent. And the ratings absolutely vindicate those of us who have been saying that every since 2011, the UFC just isn't brining the excitment and draw it used to. Yes, once in a while they'll have a fantastic card.

But the fact remains, in 2011 and before you would need to get to Buffalo Wild Wings two hours before the Main Card just to get a standing only spot. But now, you can walk in half way through the Main Card and find a seat.

And now the Reebok deal - a deal which has fallen on it's face and is being mocked all over the web for poor designs and mistakes which only validate Reebok as a 2nd tier company.

Yet, with all this, there are those who keep thinking the UFC is as awesome as it was in previous years. And it's not nostalgia - because in business, you don't change for the sake of changing. You change for the sake of profit and growth. But in what way has the changes the UFC has decided to make really made them a better company ?

But I yield the floor to the Zuffa brides who are just going to apologize for the company's actions for the next five pages.

Been a fan of the UFC since '93...I can't think of a time when I've been more into MMA than now...needless to say, I do most of my MMA viewing via the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC).

How does a guy like me fit into your "UFC sucks" logic?

Yeah, the Bible says the Earth looks like a flat disc. It says "circle" - not spear.

Bronze_spear_detail.png
?

Been a fan of the UFC since '93...I can't think of a time when I've been more into MMA than now...needless to say, I do most of my MMA viewing via the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC).

How does a guy like me fit into your "UFC sucks" logic?
You are obviously a paid poster. Everyone knows the UFC was at its peak when Sean Salmon was headlining events and George Sotiropolous was the next big thing.

a canopy isnt sphere like, nor is a tent. Truthfuly tho im just tryin to nit pick and be a prick. sorry sir

These are interesting interpretations. I guess it depends on whether the writer meant a circle sitting flat or sitting upright. My initial reading is that he means a circle upright, in much the way that the sun or moon would've looked to primitive man.

It's probably also worth noting that the Hebrew word for circle (חוג

Back