Zookeeper Gabe's Animal Thread V7.0

A town in WV was worried about rabid raccoons, turns out they were just drunk on fermented crabapples.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ch...-scare-drunk-raccoons-20181114-story,amp.html

"The raccoons weren't rabid. They were drunk.

The raccoons, apparently, had been feasting on crab apples that had fermented on the tree, causing the small animals to walk around "staggering and disoriented," police said.

"Turns out they appear to be drunk on crab apples," police said in their official statement to the community.

The apprehended animals were held in custody and allowed to sober up in what can only be deemed a raccoon drunk tank.

Then they were released into the wild, but not before some enterprising officer took a picture of the animal, showing it to be dazed, woozy, more than a little out of it. They named one drunk raccoon Dallas and released both near the woods.

And with that, Dallas joined a long line of animals that have made headlines for public intoxication.

Officers in Gilbert, Minn., for example, received reports of under-the-influence birds "flying into windows, cars and acting confused," Police Chief Ty Techar wrote. An early frost meant that berries had fermented before the birds flew south for the winter, according to The Washington Post's Antonia Noori Farzan, and birds were eating them and getting drunk."

Why. The Fuck. Is None of This. On Video??????????????

not a raccoon but similar effect:

How does no one notice these monkeys runnin round the bar and stealing drinks

This bar needs better bouncers @irish_thug

I cant decide if I would be mad or if I think it would be hilarious if some monkey stole my 22 dollar fruity drink

I cant decide if I would be mad or if I think it would be hilarious if some monkey stole my 22 dollar fruity drink
heh, locals and tourists alike enjoyed them at first but now they treat them as a nuisance.

No monkey's stealing my drink. I don't care if it's top shelf or home brew.

incredible interaction between man and sperm whale. The largest carnivore to ever exist- including all dinosaurs and prehistoric marine predators. And we nearly wiped them out yet they still approach us with gentle inquisitiveness.

incredible interaction between man and sperm whale. The largest carnivore to ever exist- including all dinosaurs and prehistoric marine predators. And we nearly wiped them out yet they still approach us with gentle inquisitiveness.

One of my favorite animals. If I wasn't pathologically afraid of open water, this would be on my bucket list.

One of my favorite animals. If I wasn't pathologically afraid of open water, this would be on my bucket list.
even if you went out there every day there is no guarantee you will come close to a whale. Even less odds of physically interacting with one like this. This is a rare and precious moment between two groups of sentient and peaceful beings. This guy should feel blessed.

edit: lol I was responding to the wrong vid. I had this one on my mind:

even if you went out there every day there is no guarantee you will come close to a whale. Even less odds of physically interacting with one like this. This is a rare and precious moment between two groups of sentient and peaceful beings. This guy should feel blessed.

Word, this is lottery winning opportunity for even the most frequent marine biologists, but something along the lines of this, swimming with a giant mantis, whale shark, or pacific octopus are fantasy experiences. Actually fantasy in my case where I wouldn't step foot into the kind of water these animals live in.

Word, this is lottery winning opportunity for even the most frequent marine biologists, but something along the lines of this, swimming with a giant mantis, whale shark, or pacific octopus are fantasy experiences. Actually fantasy in my case where I wouldn't step foot into the kind of water these animals live in.
you can work up your courage in incremental steps. Start with shallow water snorkeling and free diving and you will naturally want bigger challenges. I never got past that step because I no longer live on the beach and scuba diving is too expensive :(
Maybe one day...

or even kayaking with orcas; thats another surreal realistic encounter I would like to, but never will experience.

you can work up your courage in incremental steps. Start with shallow water snorkeling and free diving and you will naturally want bigger challenges. I never got past that step because I no longer live on the beach and scuba diving is too expensive :(
Maybe one day...

its insurmountable.

I had a conversation about boating with a colleague and that night had a nightmare about shark attacks....

its insurmountable.

I had a conversation about boating with a colleague and that night had a nightmare about shark attacks....
can you swim at the beach at least? A seasoned marine hobbyist once told me that even if you were floating on the deep sea and WANTED to get eaten, the chances are low as long as your are alive and moving.

can you swim at the beach at least? A seasoned marine hobbyist once told me that even if you were floating on the deep sea and WANTED to get eaten, the chances are low as long as your are alive and moving.

Not swimming. About 12 years ago I was in San Diego and we rented some boards to "surf", I was just going to paddle maybe gimp my way in on a wave. Right about to get into the water I envisioned my feet dangling in the water....nope.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back