Zookeeper Gabe's Animal Thread V7.0

Man I just realized how long it’s been since I’ve posted.
Things are going great with the dragon, here’s a picture of her climbing in my lap.
BtcwfyN.jpg
nice package

Man I just realized how long it’s been since I’ve posted.
Things are going great with the dragon, here’s a picture of her climbing in my lap.
BtcwfyN.jpg
have you ever seen her get aggressive? Can you read her mood and take cautionary measures? Seems nuts to relax around a Komodo like that but then again I've seen people cuddle monitor lizards without worry.

have you ever seen her get aggressive? Can you read her mood and take cautionary measures? Seems nuts to relax around a Komodo like that but then again I've seen people cuddle monitor lizards without worry.

So I’m not fully relaxed as any animal can have a bad moment. I always have the ability to push her away or control her head if something were to go awry, that being said. I can read her mood really well and I have structured her day so that she knows the morning is happy fun bath/scratches/hangout time while the afternoon is feeding and training time.
She has spazzed out before when I’ve been in there and started racing around but I just waited it out and she came over after a minute to get some skin picked off her. She’s also gotten pushy and too interested in my feet before and I’ve been able to just redirect her attention. In reality, she’s fucking awesome and I’m so incredibly lucky to work with her.

So I’m not fully relaxed as any animal can have a bad moment. I always have the ability to push her away or control her head if something were to go awry, that being said. I can read her mood really well and I have structured her day so that she knows the morning is happy fun bath/scratches/hangout time while the afternoon is feeding and training time.
She has spazzed out before when I’ve been in there and started racing around but I just waited it out and she came over after a minute to get some skin picked off her. She’s also gotten pushy and too interested in my feet before and I’ve been able to just redirect her attention. In reality, she’s fucking awesome and I’m so incredibly lucky to work with her.

Do you have anti-venom nearby should something happen? Is that something they could administer like with a venomous snake bite?

Can incidental or accidental contact with her be a problem if it contacts broken skin or gets into eyes, mouth, etc?

BTW I think she is awesome. I've always been fascinated with Kimodo's.

What kind of action is she expecting to run into, packing that much heat?
you know how weaboos in America carry katanas? She is basically a Thai version of a redneck cosplaying a Texan. Look at the longhorn skull on her bike decorated with Americana.

Do you have anti-venom nearby should something happen? Is that something they could administer like with a venomous snake bite?

Can incidental or accidental contact with her be a problem if it contacts broken skin or gets into eyes, mouth, etc?

BTW I think she is awesome. I've always been fascinated with Kimodo's.
THere isn’t an antivenin developed for them as their venom is relatively rudemintery compared to other animals. The biggest worrywould the the actual trauma from a bite and then secondary infection.
She’s tongue flicked me numerous times and my legs are often pretty beaten up so things like that aren’t a huge worry. If she were drooling excessively I’d be more cautious of cuts and abrasions but overall I’m not too paranoid about it.

What kind of action is she expecting to run into, packing that much heat?
Dam that's awesome that's not even a parrot it's a sun conure. I would be scared of it getting smacked on a sign or something.

THere isn’t an antivenin developed for them as their venom is relatively rudemintery compared to other animals. The biggest worrywould the the actual trauma from a bite and then secondary infection.
She’s tongue flicked me numerous times and my legs are often pretty beaten up so things like that aren’t a huge worry. If she were drooling excessively I’d be more cautious of cuts and abrasions but overall I’m not too paranoid about it.
Ok so now I know more about the woman you are dating than I should know.

What about the Komodo?

Hi Gabe I just have a question, recently while walking in the bush behind my house I came acrosd a heap of Echidnas, there where 6 of tthem 4 huddled up under a half decommissioning log and 2 about a meter away, is it normal for them to live in large family groups?

Hi Gabe I just have a question, recently while walking in the bush behind my house I came acrosd a heap of Echidnas, there where 6 of tthem 4 huddled up under a half decommissioning log and 2 about a meter away, is it normal for them to live in large family groups?
Honestly, I know very little about echidnas. I’ll ask some of the Aussie keepers I know.

Is a gibbon suppose to behave like such a lunatic?

One of my buddies is a panda keeper at National Zoo and I got to meet them. They are goofy as shit
is panda keeper the most prestigious job in your field? So few to go around and everyone wanting to work with them.

Back