Zookeeper Gabe's Animal Thread V6.0

Apologies if this has already been posted (I may have even posted it myself). I watch it every now and then for a wee fantasy moment.

Apologies if this has already been posted (I may have even posted it myself). I watch it every now and then for a wee fantasy moment.

Thanks for posting this! First time seeing it.

So did he raise those lions and they are in captivity? When he's belly rubbing those girls I had to wonder if some super alpha male lion would get rustled and just body him.

Anybody know if that stuff works with wolves at all?

I know Gabe's already said as much, but just so the universe knows, this gets Monkadelic's Seal of Disapproval.

And I'm sure the universe is hanging its head in shame.

Take it easy, it wasn't Cambodian children being fed to lions who were then in turn tied to trees and shot by fat Americans. It was just two mad cats.

Someone was showing me a video of some guy suffering after being stung by one bullet ant. It instantly reminded me about:

The Sateré-Mawé people of Brazil use intentional bullet ant stings as part of their initiation rites to become a warrior.[29] The ants are first rendered unconscious by submerging them in a natural sedative, and then hundreds of them are woven into gloves made of leaves (which resembles a large oven mitt), stingers facing inward. When the ants regain consciousness, a boy slips the gloves onto his hands. The goal of this initiation rite is to keep the glove on for a full 10 minutes. When finished, the boy's hand and part of his arm are temporarily paralyzed because of the ant venom, and he may shake uncontrollably for days. The only "protection" provided is a coating of charcoal on the hands, supposedly to confuse the ants and inhibit their stinging. To fully complete the initiation, however, the boys must go through the ordeal a total of 20 times over the course of several months or even years.[30]

hvJzzKZ.png

From Wikipedia.

Here's a clip from an episode from a show I saw some years ago.

Here's another clip I found that is more on the funny side.

Here's the video I was shown. It's long so skip ahead if you want to see his reaction to the sting.

Someone was showing me a video of some guy suffering after being stung by one bullet ant. It instantly reminded me about:

hvJzzKZ.png

From Wikipedia.

Here's a clip from an episode from a show I saw some years ago.

Here's another clip I found that is more on the funny side.

Here's the video I was shown. It's long so skip ahead if you want to see his reaction to the sting.

wow, thats a special privilige very few humans on earth can experience.

#blessed

also, who uses photobucket anymore? Come on man, get with the times and use imgur.
lol. I'm not going to transfer my 1500 pics over.

Take it easy, it wasn't Cambodian children being fed to lions who were then in turn tied to trees and shot by fat Americans. It was just two mad cats.

I like to think that if it were that absurd situation you just described I'd show slightly more concern than I did in my previous post, but sure.

Hah @Zeroinnes that first video you posted is actually a friend of mine. His name is Pat Spain, he's a really good dude.

I had no idea puffer fish could be so destructive.

Special thanks to @Slobodan for helping me get this to work. My friend took these on Saturday (not photoshopped).
E69EA353-22D1-4DD6-A83F-46DB2356B4D9.jpg

I caught a Giant Pacific Octopus once that we put in a bucket, and while bringing a Halibut it left the bucket, grabbed a sealed package of herring, and climbed over the side of the boat to freedom

So Gabe, have you every heard an animal snore that you never thought would snore?

Last edited:
Such majestic creatures. So much explosiveness. Almost other worldly. The holy trinity of the animal kingdom.

hmvwR.gif

tumblr_m7u3qdFSgA1ravltuo1_500.gif

funniest-animal-gifs-sloth-chilling.gif

RIP Takashi Amano. The man was a legend in the planted tank community. He was really the first one that pioneered the Iwagumi style. He even introduced a shrimp to the community and they named it after him.

Amano shrimp Caridina multidentata. They're a vorascious algae eater and a staple in just about every fish store.
carina%20multidenta.jpg

Here's some more of his handy work

His personal tank
017HardScape4.jpg

bi6yh.jpg

aquarium-architecture-takashi-amano-061.jpg

aquarium-architecture-takashi-amano-021.jpg

aquarium-architecture-takashi-amano-10-2400x816.jpg

aquarium-architecture-takashi-amano-03.jpg
aquarium-architecture-takashi-amano-04.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads