Zbigniew Brzezinski Dead at 89

MusterX

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
If there is another thread on this just delete or merge. I didn't see one.

I've always said, Zbigniew Brzezinski is the most powerful man you probably never heard of.

th

He is the father of MSNBC's Mika Brzezinski

th

She didn't spend a lot of time talking about daddy on MSNBC though. Zbigniew was an advisor to Lyndon Johnson and then later he was the National Security Advisor to Jimmy Carter. He managed to get into Carter's ear by being the co-founder of the Trilateral Commission with David Rockefeller who died recently.

The Trilateral Commission bragged that they got Jimmy Carter Elected and Jimmy certainly obliged them by hand picking Brzezinski. Zbigniew, like the recently deceased Rockefeller is one of the major contributors of building a new world order, with globalism at the forefront.

Brzezinski had two publications called Between Two Ages and The Grand Chessboard which are basically blueprints for globalization in a post WWII world. While serving as National Security Advisor to Jimmy Carter he advised Carter to fund the Mujahideen in Afghanistan so they could fight the Soviets. The Mujahideen later splintered off and formed Al-Qaeda, and ultimately that led to 9/11, then to the invasion of the middle east by U.S. forces, and then to ISIS.

Here are some excerpts describing Zbigniew Brzezinski's thought process when it came to this thought of Muslims and Soviets in Afghanistan. You want to know why we are always at it with Russia and scare tactics, its because men like Zbigniew wanted it that way.

Q: Despite this risk, you were an advocate of this covert action. But perhaps you yourself desired this Soviet entry into war and looked to provoke it?

Brzezinski: It isn’t quite that. We didn’t push the Russians to intervene, but we knowingly increased the probability that they would.

Now you have to understand that this original interview given by Zbigniew happened in France and the transcript had parts redacted for the U.S. version. Americans didn't even know what this guy was saying and doing. The Soviets accused the Americans of this tactic but people didn't believe it because as usual the standard operating procedure is to lie to the American people in order to get what the U.S. government wants, which is usually war.

Q: When the Soviets justified their intervention by asserting that they intended to fight against a secret involvement of the United States in Afghanistan, people didn’t believe them. However, there was a basis of truth. You don’t regret anything today?

Brzezinski: Regret what? That secret operation was an excellent idea. It had the effect of drawing the Russians into the Afghan trap and you want me to regret it? The day that the Soviets officially crossed the border, I wrote to President Carter: We now have the opportunity of giving to the USSR its Vietnam war. Indeed, for almost 10 years, Moscow had to carry on a war unsupportable by the government, a conflict that brought about the demoralization and finally the breakup of the Soviet empire.

So basically Zbigniew funded and armed the very beginnings of the terrorist problem you see today and he regretted none of it. As long as the Soviets "got a black eye" in Afghanistan, that's all he cared about.

Q: And neither do you regret having supported the Islamic [integrisme], having given arms and advice to future terrorists?

Brzezinski: What is most important to the history of the world? The Taliban or the collapse of the Soviet empire? Some stirred-up Moslems or the liberation of Central Europe and the end of the cold war?

Q: Some stirred-up Moslems? But it has been said and repeated: Islamic fundamentalism represents a world menace today.

Brzezinski: Nonsense! It is said that the West had a global policy in regard to Islam. That is stupid. There isn’t a global Islam. Look at Islam in a rational manner and without demagoguery or emotion. It is the leading religion of the world with 1.5 billion followers. But what is there in common among Saudi Arabian fundamentalism, moderate Morocco, Pakistan militarism, Egyptian pro-Western or Central Asian secularism? Nothing more than what unites the Christian countries.

* There are at least two editions of this magazine; with the perhaps sole exception of the Library of Congress, the version sent to the United States is shorter than the French version, and the Brzezinski interview was not included in the shorter version.
http://www.counterpunch.org/1998/01/15/how-jimmy-carter-and-i-started-the-mujahideen/

Nothing's nice about the highest level of politics, but note how much better we fare under ZBig's ideas than Kissinger's, who Soviet Union'd us three times (Vietnam, Afghanistan, and Iraq).

If there is another thread on this just delete or merge. I didn't see one.

I've always said, Zbigniew Brzezinski is the most powerful man you probably never heard of.

th

He is the father of MSNBC's Mika Brzezinski

th

She didn't spend a lot of time talking about daddy on MSNBC though. Zbigniew was an advisor to Lyndon Johnson and then later he was the National Security Advisor to Jimmy Carter. He managed to get into Carter's ear by being the co-founder of the Trilateral Commission with David Rockefeller who died recently.

The Trilateral Commission bragged that they got Jimmy Carter Elected and Jimmy certainly obliged them by hand picking Brzezinski. Zbigniew, like the recently deceased Rockefeller is one of the major contributors of building a new world order, with globalism at the forefront.

Brzezinski had two publications called Between Two Ages and The Grand Chessboard which are basically blueprints for globalization in a post WWII world. While serving as National Security Advisor to Jimmy Carter he advised Carter to fund the Mujahideen in Afghanistan so they could fight the Soviets. The Mujahideen later splintered off and formed Al-Qaeda, and ultimately that led to 9/11, then to the invasion of the middle east by U.S. forces, and then to ISIS.

Here are some excerpts describing Zbigniew Brzezinski's thought process when it came to this thought of Muslims and Soviets in Afghanistan. You want to know why we are always at it with Russia and scare tactics, its because men like Zbigniew wanted it that way.

Q: Despite this risk, you were an advocate of this covert action. But perhaps you yourself desired this Soviet entry into war and looked to provoke it?

Brzezinski: It isn’t quite that. We didn’t push the Russians to intervene, but we knowingly increased the probability that they would.

Now you have to understand that this original interview given by Zbigniew happened in France and the transcript had parts redacted for the U.S. version. Americans didn't even know what this guy was saying and doing. The Soviets accused the Americans of this tactic but people didn't believe it because as usual the standard operating procedure is to lie to the American people in order to get what the U.S. government wants, which is usually war.

Q: When the Soviets justified their intervention by asserting that they intended to fight against a secret involvement of the United States in Afghanistan, people didn’t believe them. However, there was a basis of truth. You don’t regret anything today?

Brzezinski: Regret what? That secret operation was an excellent idea. It had the effect of drawing the Russians into the Afghan trap and you want me to regret it? The day that the Soviets officially crossed the border, I wrote to President Carter: We now have the opportunity of giving to the USSR its Vietnam war. Indeed, for almost 10 years, Moscow had to carry on a war unsupportable by the government, a conflict that brought about the demoralization and finally the breakup of the Soviet empire.

So basically Zbigniew funded and armed the very beginnings of the terrorist problem you see today and he regretted none of it. As long as the Soviets "got a black eye" in Afghanistan, that's all he cared about.

Q: And neither do you regret having supported the Islamic [integrisme], having given arms and advice to future terrorists?

Brzezinski: What is most important to the history of the world? The Taliban or the collapse of the Soviet empire? Some stirred-up Moslems or the liberation of Central Europe and the end of the cold war?

Q: Some stirred-up Moslems? But it has been said and repeated: Islamic fundamentalism represents a world menace today.

Brzezinski: Nonsense! It is said that the West had a global policy in regard to Islam. That is stupid. There isn’t a global Islam. Look at Islam in a rational manner and without demagoguery or emotion. It is the leading religion of the world with 1.5 billion followers. But what is there in common among Saudi Arabian fundamentalism, moderate Morocco, Pakistan militarism, Egyptian pro-Western or Central Asian secularism? Nothing more than what unites the Christian countries.

* There are at least two editions of this magazine; with the perhaps sole exception of the Library of Congress, the version sent to the United States is shorter than the French version, and the Brzezinski interview was not included in the shorter version.
http://www.counterpunch.org/1998/01/15/how-jimmy-carter-and-i-started-the-mujahideen/
The dude didn't look 89 in the picture.

Nothing's nice about the highest level of politics, but note how much better we fare under ZBig's ideas than Kissinger's, who Soviet Union'd us three times (Vietnam, Afghanistan, and Iraq).

Holy shit what a comparison. Who is the true Dr. Evil, Kissinger or Brzezinski.

th

I'm telling you that Brzezinski lit the fuse on the terrorist problem we all live with today. He probably didn't envision the chain of events that happened but he certainly never showed even the slightest bit of regret for he and Carter's actions in Afghanistan. The C.I.A. took a group of guys, note not a nation, guys who were religious fundamentalists and gave them guns and money, something that I guarantee you has continued to the present. That led to AQ then later to ISIS. I wouldn't say we are in good shape, that's for sure.

Those stirred up Moslems are causing quite the global stir, so much so its reshaping the planet. It has led to restrictions of liberties all over the globe and a decided move toward a new world order. I'm telling you that there are some powerful old men like Zbigniew who have created this Jihad holy war. To what ends is only conjecture but it seems like the new world order is the globalist ideology which strives for the breakdown of sovereignty all over Earth.

Holy shit what a comparison. Who is the true Dr. Evil, Kissinger or Brzezinski.

th

I'm telling you that Brzezinski lit the fuse on the terrorist problem we all live with today. He probably didn't envision the chain of events that happened but he certainly never showed even the slightest bit of regret for he and Carter's actions in Afghanistan. The C.I.A. took a group of guys, note not a nation, guys who were religious fundamentalists and gave them guns and money, something that I guarantee you has continued to the present. That led to AQ then later to ISIS. I wouldn't say we are in good shape, that's for sure.

Those stirred up Moslems are causing quite the global stir, so much so its reshaping the planet. It has led to restrictions of liberties all over the globe and a decided move toward a new world order. I'm telling you that there are some powerful old men like Zbigniew who have created this Jihad holy war. To what ends is only conjecture but it seems like the new world order is the globalist ideology which strives for the breakdown of sovereignty all over Earth.
Yeah he waaaay underestimated how globally destabilizing it would be to arm small local groups of terrorists, and also underestimated the problems with democratic movements in the ME. I think we have to conclude he was arrogant about that, in much the same way Obama was (Obama was a ZBig guy, not a Kissinger guy, fwiw). He still makes a good point about freeing Europe from the iron grip. Putin's Russia wants her empire back, and we can't let her have it. Brzenzski was always on point on arms reduction too.

Sovereignty gets redefined in a connected world, and he saw that coming (most real thinkers obviously did). I'm not so worried about that, because globalism is a force of technology, and the term "globalist" merely describes any sort of effort to control that, for good or bad. There are even competing globalist factions. It's not that globalism is good or bad, it's that globalism is the direction the world is taking. If somebody has a better idea than Kissinger's quagmires and client state theft, or Brzezinski's softer approach, let them make the case.

I agree what he said here. Bringing down the Soviets was more important then terrorism. Terrorism wouldn't be much of a problem if western nations didn't want it. Don't want terrorists? Don't let them in. Simple concept to those not on the left. We don't need Islam in the West. Its a choice to have terrorism.

Dealing with the Soviets wasn't as easy. We are still dealing with their propaganda and ideology today. The war against post modernism and nihilism rages on. It very well could take down the west in the long run and push Civilization east. The Islamic threat is a silly one. Low body count. Easy to counter. More of a chess game than any actual threat. We just want to maximize gains. It's not about survival or anything.

89 is a good number. I'd give anything for my mom to have lived that long.

I agree what he said here. Bringing down the Soviets was more important then terrorism. Terrorism wouldn't be much of a problem if western nations didn't want it. Don't want terrorists? Don't let them in. Simple concept to those not on the left. We don't need Islam in the West. Its a choice to have terrorism.

Dealing with the Soviets wasn't as easy. We are still dealing with their propaganda and ideology today. The war against post modernism and nihilism rages on. It very well could take down the west in the long run and push Civilization east. The Islamic threat is a silly one. Low body count. Easy to counter. More of a chess game than any actual threat. We just want to maximize gains. It's not about survival or anything.

I couldn't disagree more. Your characterization of the Islamic threat as a "silly one" borders on insanity. The real loss here has been felt under the hammer of legislation like the Patriot Act. We are living as close to a Big Brother surveillance state as you can get without reality looking like a George Orwell novel. The U.S. has managed to lie itself into virtually every war and conflict its ever been a part of. Meanwhile you are still soaking in the propaganda about Russia which BTW has been used as a psychological weapon against U.S. citizens for decades. Its the oldest trick in Washington's book.

Yeah he waaaay underestimated how globally destabilizing it would be to arm small local groups of terrorists, and also underestimated the problems with democratic movements in the ME. I think we have to conclude he was arrogant about that, in much the same way Obama was (Obama was a ZBig guy, not a Kissinger guy, fwiw). He still makes a good point about freeing Europe from the iron grip. Putin's Russia wants her empire back, and we can't let her have it. Brzenzski was always on point on arms reduction too.

Sovereignty gets redefined in a connected world, and he saw that coming (most real thinkers obviously did). I'm not so worried about that, because globalism is a force of technology, and the term "globalist" merely describes any sort of effort to control that, for good or bad. There are even competing globalist factions. It's not that globalism is good or bad, it's that globalism is the direction the world is taking. If somebody has a better idea than Kissinger's quagmires and client state theft, or Brzezinski's softer approach, let them make the case.

LMAO at "Brzezinski's softer approach." We are living in a virtual surveillance state at this point while we watch terrorist after terrorist maim and kill innocents. We are seeing people crucified in the middle east as if its still 33 A.D. First world countries continue to use this modernized holy war to strip their citizens of liberties and clamp down further on all forms of privacy. You can't even go to the airport without getting your dick grabbed a few times. The globalist ideology is being force fed on the world by very smart men who have almost engineered this "terrorist threat" from the ground up.

And no, the U.S. still has its sovereignty, for now. You act as if its a foregone conclusion that the members of all nation states will have to surrender some form of sovereignty. This is an active war of ideas going on, Nationality, Globalism, and Islamic Jihad all mixed together and men like Zbigniew Brzezinski set us all up.

I couldn't disagree more. Your characterization of the Islamic threat as a "silly one" borders on insanity. The real loss here has been felt under the hammer of legislation like the Patriot Act. We are living as close to a Big Brother surveillance state as you can get without reality looking like a George Orwell novel. The U.S. has managed to lie itself into virtually every war and conflict its ever been a part of. Meanwhile you are still soaking in the propaganda about Russia which BTW has been used as a psychological weapon against U.S. citizens for decades. Its the oldest trick in Washington's book.

Islamic terrorists didn't vote on the Patriot act. We did that on our own. The federal government is a legitimate threat to the American people. Won't disagree there.

I'm talking about the actual capabilities of Isis. It's limited. Whereas nihilism and post modernism is a cancer that is taking down the West.

Islamic terrorists didn't vote on the Patriot act. We did that on our own. The federal government is a legitimate threat to the American people. Won't disagree there.

I'm talking about the actual capabilities of Isis. It's limited. Whereas nihilism and post modernism is a cancer that is taking down the West.

We gave religious fundamentalists money and guns, used the C.I.A. to foment unrest across the middle east, those angry Muslims then killed Americans on 9/11, to which the U.S. government used the event as a tool to crush virtually every Constitutional protection American citizens have. Its a helluva game they have managed to run on us and what is most shocking is how many Americans still don't understand what has happened and continues to happen. We've been had and are too stupid to even know it.

We stood by and allowed it to happen and then to compound matters the head of the NSA lied straight to congresses face about the level of their spying used to stop this world shattering Islamic threat.....that we fucking created.

Now if the NSA will lie to Congresses face what do you think they and other agencies like them are willing to do to citizens?

He went far too soon. Tis a mighty shame. May the maggots have a mighty feast.

Rockefeller, Brzezinski...if I had to guess who's next, id say Bush Sr. 92 years old, it's a safe pick.

LMAO at "Brzezinski's softer approach." We are living in a virtual surveillance state at this point while we watch terrorist after terrorist maim and kill innocents. We are seeing people crucified in the middle east as if its still 33 A.D. First world countries continue to use this modernized holy war to strip their citizens of liberties and clamp down further on all forms of privacy. You can't even go to the airport without getting your dick grabbed a few times. The globalist ideology is being force fed on the world by very smart men who have almost engineered this "terrorist threat" from the ground up.

And no, the U.S. still has its sovereignty, for now. You act as if its a foregone conclusion that the members of all nation states will have to surrender some form of sovereignty. This is an active war of ideas going on, Nationality, Globalism, and Islamic Jihad all mixed together and men like Zbigniew Brzezinski set us all up.
I don't think Brzezinski saw that coming- the scope of the jihadists. That's why I said he was arrogant earlier, like Obama. But I'll back up the "softer approach" comment convincingly. He called for reduction and the end of detente. That was terrifying to the Kissinger crowd. He also knew Iraq was bad, bad news. I'm not sure how you square laying the whole jihad at his feet when he opposed creating that vacuum in the first place. That's the vacuum that drew in certain feisty upstarts named Baghdadi, Masri, and Zarqawi. That was a Kissinger strat- the occupation, the forced democracy. Not Brzezinski's.

His political accomplishments are the only reason his daughter has a fucking job. Mika is the most incompetent news anchor I've ever seen, CNN included.

All you have to do is read a bunch of books, then rewrite each sentence in your own words, and then rearrange to your liking as long as you add in sentences in between that will give it a logical flow, you too can obtain a particular title from a particular institution, making you an associate.

Then people will just come to you for advice so they can claim they received said advice from associate of this particular institution. They only do this because it is a talking point. It gives them rhetorical credibility. Now, you can be Zigniew Brzezinski. When you die people will give a fuck for some reason.

Back