Zabit Magomedsharipov Vs. Yair Rodriguez (Moscow - September)

If that happens...that is a great great fight!!

Didn't Yair except last time and then waved it off? (Or was it somebody else?)

I think Zabits grappling gets him the W.
Standing up...will be interesting

even on the feet, zabit has way too many tools...while they both share the fancy kicks...zabit's basic fundementals are much better...zabit also has very good basic kicking....

great for us fans, terrible for business. oh well, if UFC crumbles some other organization will rise

This would be a great matchup! But I think Yair won't accept because he's not ranked...

This fight may set the record for most flying attacks.

tenor.gif

*fuck yes

What a fuckin treat that would be to watch

This is such a great fight for the fans and I want it as soon as possible.

...But an absolutely terrible comeback fight for Yair. Zabit is stylistically a hard opponent for him, and if he wins, he doesn't really move up in the division all that much.

I mean, unless he lands some sort of highlight flying butterfly spin kick KO. Then WME be like...

QzvoGoY.gif

Meanwhile Yair:

tenor.gif

He brought shame to us Mexicans, I hope he gets KTFO and embarrassed.
No shame in losing to Frankie. Is there more? He's young, exciting. Hope he gets back on track, but pretty clear the UFC isn't sheltering him. This is a tough fight for him. Psyched to see it.

No shame in losing to Frankie. Is there more? He's young, exciting. Hope he gets back on track, but pretty clear the UFC isn't sheltering him. This is a tough fight for him. Psyched to see it.

Max Holloway is barely a year older and he's the FW champ. Age is not an excuse here, his game is just severely lacking.

Also, even though Yair didn't state it explicitly, he's pretty much ducking Zabit:

"one day" "top 10" translation: I'm not ready i.e. DUCK

great for us fans, terrible for business. oh well, if UFC crumbles some other organization will rise
The UFC is the Voldermort of MMA. Keeps making bad decisions and when you think it's going away you find out there's another horcrux

If I were Yair I'd duck this harder than Ronda ducked Cyborg...he needs a gimme fight coming back.

Nice fight, I got Zabit by decision, if it happens.

I am really excited about this fight. If it happens I will be so freaking happy.

Whats the point of this fight. They shouldve gave Yair a bum on his return fight. This is why the ufc loses all their stars they push the ones that are green still too quickly.
Fuck the stars who can't beat tough opponents...great test for both guys...

Shit man I feel like I’m the only one around here who still views Yair as a talented prospect...

I’d favor Zabit in this, by a little bit, but am noticing so many ‘doggers writing Yair off completely. He’s still young enough to improve dat wrestling, imo

Max Holloway is barely a year older and he's the FW champ. Age is not an excuse here, his game is just severely lacking.

Also, even though Yair didn't state it explicitly, he's pretty much ducking Zabit:

"one day" "top 10" translation: I'm not ready i.e. DUCK

Thanks for further elaboration.

Back