Your Ultimate Sparring Partner

Why is this better than a human holding pads or sparring with a human?

Nothing is ever "better" than a human, although this training system can be held by a human. When a person has the padding on, it's like a heavybag, only the person wearing the Shadow starts moving, thinking, evading. When there is no human available to hold pads, it can be put on bungee cords, or mounted to a wall. The thigh pad gives an instructor "hands free" pad holding.

If its not better than a human sparring partner, then why is it called 'The Ultimate Sparring Partner'.

Its not like a heavybag either, honestly the padding looks soft the point of thai pads is that you apply resistance to meet the punch I wouldnt have someone kick me in the leg full power even if I had that weak looking padding on, its dangerous.

It looks good in the pictures because those guys dont know what theyre doing and they dont hit hard, who the hell trains with denim clothing anyway. Take that crap to a Muay Thai gym then either the product or the person holding it is going to get hurt/broken.

Dude, it wouldn't be bad to educate your ass, but whatever. No one can cut thru this padding with any punch or kick.

I like the idea for when I train alone, but I think the bungee cords would get in the way too much.

Dude, it wouldn't be bad to educate your ass, but whatever. No one can cut thru this padding with any punch or kick.

No, go for it. I welcome any attempts to 'educate' me. You are either selling this garbage or one of the poor people fooled by its BS marketing.

They even admit on their own FAQ that the padding is not as thick as that of 'normal' pads. The techniques they use on it are weak crap like chops and backfists. These are cheap plastic pads that make huge slapping sounds to make you think you are hitting hard. This is not intended to be used for heavy duty training with people that can actually hit hard.

I didnt claim people could 'cut thru' the padding, I just said its not exactly safe to put a 3" bit of foam on your leg and have someone kick you hard. It doesnt replace or even equal Thai Pads or Focus Mitts - yet it is marketed as some the ultimate sparring partner/training tool.

I could definetly see the thickness of the padding being a problem. A couple good hard leg kicks with a partner wearing the pads would prolly leave the pad holder a bit sore. The bungee cord system looks interesting but not all that much different than using a bag, just less resistance. The concept might be nice for some but it's not quite right for me.

Honestly...I'd rather train with somebody holding Thai Pads with a belly pad on...

This "system" looks like something for a women's self-defense class where they scream "BACK OFF, I DON'T KNOW YOU!" and nail the guy in the groin and run away screaming "FIRE"...not for fighters doing pad work...

I really had no idea that the thai/belly/shin pad system needed improving.
Someone should have told me, I would've gotten my mom to sew together some seat cushions and bungee cords and sold it for 200 bucks on teh internets.

Seriously.

That thing looks mad retarded.

I'd rather buy some Thai pads.. much more cheaper

No, go for it. I welcome any attempts to 'educate' me. You are either selling this garbage or one of the poor people fooled by its BS marketing.

They even admit on their own FAQ that the padding is not as thick as that of 'normal' pads. The techniques they use on it are weak crap like chops and backfists. These are cheap plastic pads that make huge slapping sounds to make you think you are hitting hard. This is not intended to be used for heavy duty training with people that can actually hit hard.

I didnt claim people could 'cut thru' the padding, I just said its not exactly safe to put a 3" bit of foam on your leg and have someone kick you hard. It doesnt replace or even equal Thai Pads or Focus Mitts - yet it is marketed as some the ultimate sparring partner/training tool.

I would have to agree w/ you

LMAO, no thanks I don't partcipate in point or dancing (Katas whatever you want to call them) competitions, I'll stick to real pads

If you're the one selling this and you talk to people like that, than I hope no ones buys your shit now.

If you're the one selling this and you talk to people like that, than I hope no ones buys your shit now.

x2

and also, you'd most likely find piece of shit equipment like this in mcdojos. Seriously.

I wouldn't hire those guys in that video for advertisement. Those guys are so horrible it is actually funny.

can't say much about the pads, diffrent concept, i think that a heavybag is much more useful though. if you have a real person holding it is probably better w/ focus mits or thai pads.
infact i think the best place for those pads is for kids to have fun.

I'm all for innovation in combat training technologies. But this is thing looks retarded. You can't hook on it, like someone said before, and it looks very inconvenient to put on.

Back