Your patience... is it increasing or decreasing as you get older?

The last time I caused a public scene some guy was yelling at this teenage cashier at Wendy's and I told him to stop being an asshole. That shit drives me nuts. The guy came over and squared up with me, but then apparently thought better of it.

It just seems to have become one of the prime outlets for asshole behaviour in society today, basically a way of abusing someone you know is very unlikely to give it back to you or risk losing their job.

I would say my patience level depends much more on the situation these days, I can tolerant more challenging music/cinema and spend a great deal of time on photography or conservation that intersts me but I'm less tolerant of wasting my time whilst trying to avoid the above. I spose also just the product of more confidence and knowing what needs to be done more often.

Last edited:
Decreased.
More things piss me off annoy me than before.

At the same time I am much more civilised and thoughtful, so I feel like I am doing my side of things.

Older you get wiser.

So more patience for things that can't be avoided or rushed, and out of one's control like rush hour traffic jam.

Less patience for things you know shouldn't be this way. Such as incompetence or laziness of someone's work or BS artist trying to scam.

Both.

My patience has increased when I don't understand something.

OTOH, when someone has a track record of wasting my time, I have zero patience.

This

" let me talk to this guy trying to make ends meet on 12 bucks an hour like shit while he's not in a position to really defend himself!"

Def the habit of an asshole.

Both. I'm much more patient getting a blow job, but much less patient when she sucks at it.

I have to admit people having a go at some low level customer service employee for some policy they have no control over is one of the prime markers of an asshole for me.
I agree.

That said, if I had flipped on the auto parts guy he would have deserved it. It was 100% his fault and he could easily fix it, but he was willfully and knowingly being a lazy fuck. I took one look at him and realized he was every bit of 40, and had probably been a lazy fuck his entire life so that wasn't going to change with me insulting him. So I let it go.

I have to admit people having a go at some low level customer service employee for some policy they have no control over is one of the prime markers of an asshole for me.

And an idiot. Why in the world would you waste your time arguing with a customer service employee when you know that you aren't going to get the result? It's pointless and a waste of time.

And an idiot. Why in the world would you waste your time arguing with a customer service employee when you know that you aren't going to get the result? It's pointless and a waste of time.

Ugh, my wife does this. She's a sweetheart in every other aspect of life except for this and it's embarrassing.

This

" let me talk to this guy trying to make ends meet on 12 bucks an hour like shit while he's not in a position to really defend himself!"

Def the habit of an asshole.

634a0b6eb15efecdaa5290fef54cd837.jpg

I have almost zero patience at this point. Years of exposure to astonishing levels of idiocy and ignorance, coupled with a congenitally short fuse, will do that.

Agree with alot of the posters here, less patience for nonsense and obvious bullshit, also if I smoke pot I find I can usually remain calm anywhere.

I think I have a set # of patient units. So if I increase patience in one area, it decreases in another. For example, I have the utmost patience for new employees in customer service who are trying their best. But these days I can hardly go to a movie theater with more than 10 people in it because any small breech of theater etiquette annoys the shit out of me.

Went fishing yesterday with my son and daughter. Sat there for four hours and caught one red tailed sucker.

It was a beautiful day.

Definitely decreased especially with adults. When I was younger I didn't have a lot of direction so naturally I had to endure hardships along the way, but I gained a lot of life experience and am better for it. The worst is having to hear someone say how their lives suck, but yet they haven't taken any steps whatsoever to make improvements. If I can do it anybody can, just do something.

Decreasing. I simply have no patience for assholes that are miserable and try to make others miserable with them.

I no longer just ignore assholes/idiots. I call them out and am ready to go to war on principle.

I'm more patient, but definitely not when it comes to idiots/assholes. I can understand an honest mistake or accidents and someone apologizes.

Back