Your patience... is it increasing or decreasing as you get older?

My patience is fantastic when people aren't around.

I only had patience when I was younger because my parents or teachers would sanction me for acting out.

Probably depends on the situation . . . while I'm still not very patient with stupid people during my commute, my reactions have changed pretty dramatically. I guess I finally realized that nothing I do will change how stupid they are . . .

In daily stuff that used to really drive me up the wall I've probably became very cynical and just expect the stupidity to keep on keeping on . . .

My patience is fantastic when people aren't around.

source.gif

Probably increasing. It's not really about stupid people or frustrating events, it's about your ability to not let that spoil your mood.

I know some people who basically blow up and become aggressive every time something doesn't go their way, it's not constructive and it's very annoying to everyone around them - much more so than the original event.

both.
my patience for idiocy has certainly decreased. unfortunately, i don't have a poker face, so when something idiotic happens (or when dealing with an idiot), it becomes apparent in my face that i'm not taking too kindly to it. i don't even have to say a word.

i work in IT, so patience is a trait that's really helpful, and that's where i've gotten much better.

Back