Your favorite WWF wrestler(s) from mid 80s to mid 90s

What? Did you miss his match with Steamboat for the IC title, one of the best matches of all time? Savage wasn't a guy that just had 4 or 5 moves like Hogan or Cena. The dude could wrestle for real.
I don't doubt he's a legend.

But for me the difference is he had one/some of the best matches ever.

The Show Stopper, Mr. Wrestlemania, The Heart Break Kid, Shawn Michales had THE best matches you will ever see in a ring.

My favorite wrestler of all time and the GOAT: Macho Man Randy Savage

I don't doubt he's a legend.

But for me the difference is he had one/some of the best matches ever.

The Show Stopper, Mr. Wrestlemania, The Heart Break Kid, Shawn Michales had THE best matches you will ever see in a ring.

Well I was just saying, Savage had matches like that too. He was a really great wrestler. He could have done well in any era. I like Michaels too though, also one of my favorites. My all time favorite was the Rock, had the charisma of Hogan but was actually a decent wrestler.

Well I was just saying, Savage had matches like that too. He was a really great wrestler. He could have done well in any era. I like Michaels too though, also one of my favorites. My all time favorite was the Rock, had the charisma of Hogan but was actually a decent wrestler.
There will never be another Rock again imo.

To go infront of a crowd of 20,000 and be as charismatic and flowing as he was is amazing just amazing. The guy said some of the funniest stuff ever.

Could wrestle amazing aswell.

From a booker stsnd point Savage could draw much better as well.

I never consider this solely based off my enjoyment.

I do like macho a lot he is a fave of mine.

Like angle a lot too.
Perfect was great.

Hart was great too but as an adult I hate the guy and think hes an ass a lot of the time

Even as a kid thought hogan was a dork and didnt get why macho wasnt champ

There will never be another Rock again imo.

To go infront of a crowd of 20,000 and be as charismatic and flowing as he was is amazing just amazing. The guy said some of the funniest stuff ever.

Could wrestle amazing aswell.

I got to see him live at Wrestlemania 19. Meant so much to me, I still have the stub. I'd wanted to go see a wrestling show since I was a kid, but they would never take me lol. One of the best WM's ever imo, and almost all my favorites were on it:

Rock vs Austin (the final match of their epic rivalry!)
Hogan vs Vince
Brock vs Kurt
HBK vs Y2J
Booker vs Triple H

Also Matt Hardy,Trish, Rey Mysterio, Chris Benoit, The Undertaker, Eddie Guerrero etc.. A lot of those guys are dead or retired now. I'm glad I got to see them live at least once.

I never consider this solely based off my enjoyment.

I do like macho a lot he is a fave of mine.

Like angle a lot too.
Perfect was great.

Hart was great too but as an adult I hate the guy and think hes an ass a lot of the time

Even as a kid thought hogan was a dork and didnt get why macho wasnt champ

No being a big draw doesn't make a shit of a difference when you're just a fan. I agree.

Mr Perfect was awesom too, great heel and a great worker. He always had great stuff in the ring. Always.

I love Bret Hart but he is def a big crank. Without a doubt.

I got to see him live at Wrestlemania 19. Meant so much to me, I still have the stub. I'd wanted to go see a wrestling show since I was a kid, but they would never take me lol. One of the best WM's ever imo, and almost all my favorites were on it:

Rock vs Austin (the final match of their epic rivalry!)
Hogan vs Vince
Brock vs Kurt
HBK vs Y2J
Booker vs Triple H

Also Matt Hardy,Trish, Rey Mysterio, Chris Benoit, The Undertaker, Eddie Guerrero etc.. A lot of those guys are dead or retired now. I'm glad I got to see them live at least once.
Seriously jealous of you.

That is a memory you will smile about someday on your death bed for sure. Truly a time of the greats of the wrestling world we will never get back.

Seriously jealous of you.

That is a memory you will smile about someday on your death bed for sure. Truly a time of the greats of the wrestling world we will never get back.

Those kinds of shows didn't come to Washington too often. Couldn't believe we got a WM and it was so incredibly stacked. Getting to see Hogan and Rock vs Austin would have been enough to make it worth it. But I was a big fan of all those people I listed. Definitely in the top 5 coolest things I've ever done.

Those kinds of shows didn't come to Washington too often. Couldn't believe we got a WM and it was so incredibly stacked. Getting to see Hogan and Rock vs Austin would have been enough to make it worth it. But I was a big fan of all those people I listed. Definitely in the top 5 coolest things I've ever done.
What was it like seeing these super stars in person? Always thing I bet it feels surreal to look over and actually see them.

Rock is prob the greatest ever on the mic.

I'd stopped watching by the mid to late 90's so I missed a lot of stuff. When I got back into it in the early 00's I was like holy shit, this guy the Rock is awesome! He single-handedly got me into watching again. I can't believe that was nearly 20 goddamn years ago now. Older you get the faster the time goes.

I'd stopped watching by the mid to late 90's so I missed a lot of stuff. When I got back into it in the early 00's I was like holy shit, this guy the Rock is awesome! He single-handedly got me into watching again. I can't believe that was nearly 20 goddamn years ago now. Older you get the faster the time goes.

Yeh it crazy to think the Attitude Era was that long ago.

Even crazier to remember being a little kid at a friends house with your chums watching an early WM or SummerSlam. The Hogan Era

Without a doubt.

But hes also rick james bitch and has a lot of lines I never want to hear again in my life

When he's our next president you'll hear them all. Wait until he calls trump a Roody Poo Candy Ass. Huge pop.

What was it like seeing these super stars in person? Always thing I bet it feels surreal to look over and actually see them.

I couldn't believe I was really there. And getting to see some of my childhood favorites like Hogan and the Undertaker was surreal. I remember really trying to pay attention and take it all in. I knew I'd never get to see a show like that again. Even back then it was obvious the Rock was leaving again soon and Hogan wouldn't be around forever.

I remember being on the edge of my seat for that Rock vs Austin match. That match was incredible, so many near falls! The whole arena was into it, they had us swerved with all the false finishes. Getting to see the Rock go out on top in the final match of their feud was so awesome!

When Brock botched that splash the girl I was with asked me "was that supposed to happen?!?!?" "Uh........no. I think he's pretty fucked up." I was a huge Hogan fan as a kid, and I thought I'd never get to see him wrestle. So that was a pretty amazing moment for me. And I'm a big fan of Jericho and Michaels, so getting to see them wrestle live was so fucking awesome! The whole thing was pretty damn cool, like being an 8 year old again for an afternoon.

Yeh it crazy to think the Attitude Era was that long ago.

Even crazier to remember being a little kid at a friends house with your chums watching an early WM or SummerSlam. The Hogan Era
Some of my earliest childhood memories are watching wrestling on the weekends at my cousins house. Macho Man, Hogan Warrior, the Bossman, Jake the Snake. Back then it was 90% promos and jobber matches, and you got to see like one match with named guys if you were lucky. And it usually didn't have a real finish, just setup the ppv our broke asses never got to watch.

Kids these days with their Wrestlemania quality matches on raw and smackdown for free.

upload_2017-5-7_1-28-30.jpeg

Some of my earliest childhood memories are watching wrestling on the weekends at my cousins house. Macho Man, Hogan Warrior, the Bossman, Jake the Snake. Back then it was 90% promos and jobber matches, and you got to see like one match with named guys if you were lucky. And it usually didn't have a real finish, just setup the ppv our broke asses never got to watch.

Kids these days with their Wrestlemania quality matches on raw and smackdown for free.

View attachment 225993

You mean like "wrestling superstars" that was on Saturday or Sunday mornings.

Back