Your favorite movie of 2011

Pick your favorite movie of 2011!

• Warrior

• Captain America

• The Help

• X-Men: First Class

• The Cabin in the Woods

• The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Fincher's remake)

• Drive

• Rise of the Planet of the Apes

• Moneyball

• Fast Five

• Horrible Bosses

• Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy

• Thor

• The Artist

• Super 8

• The Raid: Redemption

• Hugo

• The Tree of Life

• J. Edgar

• Source Code

Results are only viewable after voting.
Really? Seems like it wasn't all that long ago, mid 00s maybe, that he really started to regularly land big roles.

I remember the movie that really put him on the map was A Time to Kill and that was in '96. Then he had a significant roles in Contact and Amistad in '97.

In 2000 he starred in U-571, which wasn't a huge movie but I remember when it came out. The Wedding Planner was a very popular rom-com in 2001 and Frailty was well-received the same year. In 2002, he starred alongside Christian Bale in Reign of Fire, and in 2003 he was in one of the most successful rom-coms of all time when he starred in How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days.

Then his career went to shit for a while. He got back on track with The Lincoln Lawyer in 2011.

Source Code and The Grey are the two I would be most inclined to rewatch.

9.1% voted for The Raid.

The other 90.9% should try and see The Raid at some point.

Team Refn GTFIH. @Übermacht @Valkosen @Zer

giphy.gif

Wasn't big on the movie when I first saw it, but on subsequent viewings, I'm like nah, this movie is the shit.

this is quite a tough one for me,i love the super hero movies,but in the list are 3 movies that stand head and shoulders above the rest for quality of script and acting.
this is between tinker taylor,warrior,and drive. if the Lincoln lawyer had been in the vote would have been even tougher. gonna have to go with drive though.

Real hard pick between Moneyball, Tinker Tailor & Cabin in the Woods. I went with Cabin in the woods because other than maybe the witch it's been the only "horror" movie I've enjoyed in over a decade.

Drive with Source Code and Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy just behind.

If Source Code had ended on the freeze frame or maybe just show a seconds movement after it with some ambiguity it might have challenged for the #1 spot.

Peaked ahead into 2012. That's a year with some awesome films. Maybe the strongest line-up of the 2000's.

Haven't saw one movie from those two lists,the poll and the overspill.

Watched a little bit of Haywire on tv,only because of.....

<7>

Still can't give that my vote,as it wasn't very good.

Real hard pick between Moneyball, Tinker Tailor & Cabin in the Woods. I went with Cabin in the woods because other than maybe the witch it's been the only "horror" movie I've enjoyed in over a decade.

You didn't like the first Conjuring film?

For me, it's my least favorite movie year so far.

I'll go with a classic.

a3d92c10695899.560e951e02b9c.jpg

tumblr_m2g9geGA2E1qgcra2o1_500.gif

Contagion was good, and I did enjoy Hanna.

Just not that much for '11, IMO.

Not to take anything away from Drive, of course.

I've pimped some Le Carre adaptations round here before. But Drive is probably my favourite film post-2000

tumblr_mcaucywmKi1rcy8g0o1_500.gif

You were one person I knew would be picking Drive when I saw it on the list. Awesome movie, killer soundtrack too.

Didn't expect it to be so far out ahead in the poll... That makes me happy, love that flick.

tumblr_ly3zmritSW1qglno0o1_500.gif

2011 Might be the best movie year in quite some time; totally forgot about some of these awesome films....
except my #1 and #2

best movie and quite a good book trilogy(Le Carre is quite good, ex-spy turned author)

followed by 2011's #2

The sequel actually compares to the first

The girl with the dragon tattoo. I had not seen the Euro versions of this film and was blown away by the story line and ending. I felt Rooney Mara had an Oscar worthy performance. It's too bad they decided not to complete the trilogy

So much better than the Swedish version. The Swedish sequels are also silly as hell and not worth watching imo. The Swedish original is still a good movie, but the Fincher version blows it out of the water.

Seeing Warrior's success here makes me wonder if I should've included Never Back Down in the 2008 poll.

Back