• Requiem for a Dream

• Boiler Room

• Space Cowboys

• X-Men

• Snatch

• High Fidelity

• Scary Movie

Results are only viewable after voting.
Out of all the poll options I went with The Patriot. I've always really liked that movie. Mel seems extra bad ass in that one IMO, especially when he murders the shit out of that one dude with the tomahawk after his son is killed by that bad motherfuckin' Jason Isaacs (yes, I know the portrayal of the British was extremely inaccurate). Very enjoyable movie.

Agreed.

Someone earlier who voted for it was like, "I know it's not the best movie or anything. . .," like apologizing for it and shit. And I was like, "What the fuck are you doing? That movie is FANTASTIC!"

I was literally just thinking of Boiler Room a few days ago because I tend to hate Ben Affleck in most roles but he was good in that. I got to go with Cast Away though for top pick.

Well, Well, Well...many many good/great films again! I feel like a parrot over here.

Gladiator
Every time i see it going through the channels, I have to watch. Great movie. Haven't had any great sword and sandal movie since.

Momento-Great
Castaway-Good
Traffic-4 Oscars
American Psycho-Can't say enough about it. Christian Bale.
O Brother, Where Art Thou?-Another Cohen Brothers masterpiece Imo.
Requiem for a Dream-Mind Blowing, truly artwork.
Snatch,I'll say it again..Snatch-Guy Ritchie and his style combined with some good acting and actors equals a cult classic.

A couple others on the list as well. Good amount in 2000.

source-1_4hay.640.gif

source-1_4hay.640.gif

Well, Well, Well...many many good/great films again! I feel like a parrot over here.

Gladiator
Every time i see it going through the channels, I have to watch. Great movie. Haven't had any great sword and sandal movie since.

Momento-Great
Castaway-Good
Traffic-4 Oscars
American Psycho-Can't say enough about it. Christian Bale.
O Brother, Where Art Thou?-Another Cohen Brothers masterpiece Imo.
Requiem for a Dream-Mind Blowing, truly artwork.
Snatch,I'll say it again..Snatch-Guy Ritchie and his style combined with some good acting and actors equals a cult classic.

A couple others on the list as well. Good amount in 2000.
How did traffic win 4 oscars the mexican section of the film was so half assed and poorly done.

Well went Battle Royale since Way of the Gun wasn't included. Gladiator is fucking overrated. Never understood the love for it.

Not many good flicks to chose from on this list surprisingly

2000 was a turd for movies

Gladiator is far and above the best movie listed

Hey @shadow_priest_x see again... this was a GREAT year for movies, not that year that you keep defending (I already forgot what year it was) :)

I could go back and pull up all the quotes of posters mentioning what a solid year 1992 was.

Hey, what's everyone else think about '92? Chime in and settle this argument.

I have a really hard time choosing from these 3 great films

Traffic
Family Man
Unbreakable

Traffic is one of those movies that "curves" the entire medium, you might not remember this (because for now that type of directing has become just common) but at the time Soderberg broke every directing rule by directing the way he did this movie, every shot was handheld, very rough looking, his choosing of filters to tell each individual story was unique, the realism of his directing, this movie was awesomely directed, and apparently other important people saw this too as Soderberg took the Academy Award that year for directing. If its on filmmaking merits alone, this movie should take it

Unbreakable is in my opinion the best super hero movie made in the last 20 years, fuck Marvel with all their stupid fantasy shit!! This is how super heroes movies start! the building of the character, the building of the villain, the twist at the end, this movie was awesome!

Finally Family Man holds a VERY special place for me because to me it shows how I have grown over the years, when I first saw this movie I remember thinking how "selfish" was the Tea Leoni character, how can she not let him have everything that is important in life!... I remember thinking that.... I saw the movie again after 13-15 years again and fuck man... I got goosebumps seeing how much I had changed, how fucking stupid was Nicolas Cage, he had everything in his life to be happy, everything that is important in life, and he was risking everything for what! for his stupid ego??? shit man! this movie hit me hard.... and since the thread is called "your FAVORITE movie...." then I voted for this one. How this movie made me see my own life and my own self is amazing

Side note: O brother where art thou is underrated in terms of movie history. It was groundbreaking to be th fist movie to use all digital color grading to create the atmosphere of the dust bowl era, in terms of making the sky hazy, changing tree color etc to give it a rustic feel

Nowadays it's done so commonly that we just assume it always happens but that one was a special effects trendsetter

giphy.gif

I'm still debating voting for it.. I love that movie.

I didn't like American Psycho one bit.

Almost Famous, Gladiator, and Snatch are the best from that year.

Went with Requiem. Great flick. Ellen Burstyn was on point.

I've never seen a bunch of those movies including American Psycho...

Cast Away on bly ray is epic

Back