• Requiem for a Dream

• Boiler Room

• Space Cowboys

• X-Men

• Snatch

• High Fidelity

• Scary Movie

Results are only viewable after voting.
Was going back and forth between Almost Famous and Traffic. Ultimately I went with Traffic.

Boiler Room only has one vote. Sheesh.

It's probably a Top 5 movie this year.

Boiler Room only has one vote. Sheesh.

It's probably a Top 5 movie this year.

It's the least known movie in the poll. At IMDB, it only has 43k votes while movies like Memento and Gladiator are around 1 million.

What a shit year. Could have gone Gladiator easy, but Requiem For A Dream got my vote for being the most effective anti-drug message ever. Powerful movie.

Never understood the sherdog boner for Gladiator. Such an underwhelming and hammy movie.

Here for Ginger Snaps. Only reason I opened thread lol

"There is a lone survivor, and he is miraculously unharmed."

vlcsnap-19089.png

Any self-professed MMA fan not picking Gladiator...

Pffft.

Bruce Willis kills a guy with a RNC in Unbreakable.

Demian Maia ain't got shit on him.

f25319-10.gif

And there is an actual UFC event playing on the TV in one of the scenes.

Gladiator = Invicta

I liked the patriot a lot at the time but now I would say gladiator. I voted for the patriot because I was blown away by the movie when I was sixteen. I would say that the matrix was better than anything on that list though. Maybe just cuz I was a fifteen year old at the time.

Memento is probably my favorite movie. American psycho and requiem are awesome as well
Used to like that sort of movie but now that on older I think its too much trouble to be wrapped up on a strange scenario that is just depressing anyway. Like popcorn movies now. I even liked batman versus superman.

Some great ones on there, but O' Brother is the most quotable (for my group of friends anyways) so I'll roll with that.

Saw Gladiator in the theatre when it came out and remember people applauding as the credits rolled which was both odd and cool at the same time. Snatch is great as well, and very quotable with tons of replay value.

Oh shit, I didn't realize Way of the Gun was 2000. Definitely got to add that to the OP. I love that movie.

The opening scene in that film is great. Its all downhill from there imo. So many people dig that film tho, its always baffled me. Kind of like when people are die hard fans of the band Tool, its weird to me.

I choose cast away .something about it is so endearing . there are a lot of good movies from this year.castaway and gladiator both have amazing music scores too.I'm glad people mentioned space cowboys . it has a special place in my heart.I also like pitch black , memento and american pyscho. Pitch black is the only movie I like Vin diesel in.the early 2000s were a underrated time for film.I wish I'd gone to the movies more back then .I'm calling it know 2001-2003best movies will be lotr.

The opening scene in that film is great. Its all downhill from there imo. So many people dig that film tho, its always baffled me. Kind of like when people are die hard fans of the band Tool, its weird to me.

Hmm, I dunno man. I love it. In fact, many years ago I worked at Hollywood Video as a shift leader and Way of the Gun was my money counting movie. That is, when it was time to count all the money and close up, that was the film that I would put on in the background in the office.

I think the story is interesting and original, the performances are great, and I like the aesthetic. And it's also just kind of awesome to see Ryan Phillipe in his first man role. He literally transformed himself for the movie. (There's a whole story about that).

It's a solid 8.5/10 for me.

Hmm, I dunno man. I love it. In fact, many years ago I worked at Hollywood Video as a shift leader and Way of the Gun was my money counting movie. That is, when it was time to count all the money and close up, that was the film that I would put on in the background in the office.

I think the story is interesting and original, the performances are great, and I like the aesthetic. And it's also just kind of awesome to see Ryan Phillipe in his first man role. He literally transformed himself for the movie. (There's a whole story about that).

It's a solid 8.5/10 for me.

Like I said, a lot of people seem to like it. It was mediocre and a letdown for me personally tho.

Like I said, a lot of people seem to like it. It was mediocre and a letdown for me personally tho.

If you've only seen it once, it strikes me as a movie that might need to grow on you. Or, just different tastes.

You're right about the opening, though. It's easily the one of the best openings in film history. But I think nearly anyone would also have to find this scene hilarious:

Out of all the poll options I went with The Patriot. I've always really liked that movie. Mel seems extra bad ass in that one IMO, especially when he murders the shit out of that one dude with the tomahawk after his son is killed by that bad motherfuckin' Jason Isaacs (yes, I know the portrayal of the British was extremely inaccurate). Very enjoyable movie.

Back