Your favorite live performances

It's been awhile since I've visited here, so my apologies if I've posted any of these before. That said...

And the absolute GOAT is

Pink Floyd 1994 Division Bell tour

great performance by some real legends...Winwood, Clapton, Trucks and BramhalI II on stage together. damn.

one of my favourite songs ever...love how Jimmy throws down his pick at 7:04...fucking boss

Gib002.jpg

There's plenty of fucking room at the hotel California!

AC/DC Coachella 2015
Arcade fire Coachella 2011
Metallica outside lands 2012
Tame impala FYF 2016

Iyoutube - SRV anything from El Mocambo but Texas Flood is the best.

What's amazing is that he apparently did this crazy stuff- playing solos behind his back and whatnot- EVERY DAMNED NIGHT. Definitely in the top 5 acts I'd love to go back in time and see live.

Nin - awesome set.

Weird Al - pure class.

A Flock of Seagulls - saw them in a small bar a few years ago. It was a fun set with die hard fans.

Last edited:
Saw Prince live at the Nassau Coliseum like...I Dunno...15 years ago. He did a 45 minute version of purple rain. Guy was great live.

Iggy Pop is another one that was great live. He gets so into the music. But he's old as shit now. Crackhead Iggy back in the 70's must have been a treat.

Can't believe he's still alive.

Prime Metallica in front of one million crazy russians in 1991.

The first 4 lollapaloozas were amazing when looking back at all of the great bands I was able to see at those shows. Ministry in 92 is in my top 5 live performances. Shit was insane!

Yes! I went to the St. Louis show. Ministry refused to come out until the sun started to set. I remember at one point, looking back at the lawn and there were two huge circles of people moshing. There was garbage, grass and dust slowly drifting upward and falling back down against the setting sun. It was like some sort of chaos magic. Pear Jam played a hell of a set as well. Eddie Vedder climbed up to a rafters and crawled to the back of the crowd and dropped down. He crowd surfed back to the stage, the whole time the band is just jamming out. Good times.

Other memorable live shows would be Funkadelic in Chicago when they landed the Mother Ship on stage.

Bela Fleck in Peoria when he was still playing with Victor Wooten. The first time I heard him play Amazing Grace on the bass. Incredible.

Butthole Surfers in Iowa, mainly because I got high with Paul Leary after the show and he put me on the guest list for their Chicago show.

Allman Brothers Band at the Rivera in Chicago in 96'. A smaller, intimate show. Everyone started passing joints around. I got a hit of something that didn't agree with me. Thought I was dying the rock -n- roll death. Then they broke out Ain't Wasting Time and I knew I was gonna be ok. :p

Body Count on Christmas night in Bloomington IL. Heavy police presence. Tension was thick. Of course they saved Cop Killer for last. Ice T said he had been warned not to play the song and told everyone to form a wall in front of the stage, lol. Good times.

Grateful Dead at Buckeye Lake. One of those magical shows where it rained during intermission. A rainbow appeared at the start of the second set and the band broke into Box of Rain.

Lots of honorable mentions like Phish, Blind Melon, Blues Traveler (I helped load in in exchange for a ticket) Soundgarden (the time a security guard got his leg snapped in half when he tried to break up the pit) Love and Rockets, BB King, Suicidal Tendencies, Smashing Pumpkins (Got Billy Corgan's autograph, he signed my ticked stub "Billy Christ" lol. James Iha just drew 3 glyphs for his autograph) Bob Dylan with Tracy Chapman opening.

In person - Chris Cornell acoustic...small venue. 8 rows back. Amazing

youtube - SRV anything from El Mocambo but Texas Flood is the best.

7:30... Bad Motherfucker Meter hits 11.

Edit: I'm in such a SRV mode this morning I didn't realize I'd already replied to your post once before, haha.

Back