Your Favorite and Least Favorite announcer

I like Paulie and Roy.

Dislike, the former Strikeforce guy. I appreciate his enthusiasm but sometimes he needs to shut up.

Worst: Lampley and the whole HBOcrew needs to retire already give Kellerman the shine.
Nah. Kellerman is better as a color commentator. I cant remember the fight, but HBO let him lead once and he was terrible.

Agree on mauro. That dude is ridiculous sounding. Its like hes parodying a fight commentary on purpose. His only saving grace is that hes a big time fight geek.

Roy is oustanding.

Lampley, Merchant, and Ferdie Pacheco I felt were all terrible. Al Alberts used to be a complete farce, but was also very funny. I once heard Al refer to Carl Williams as a "tub of goo", and then after the fight tell him that Sean O'Grady called him that, which made Carl get mad at Sean, lol

I've always felt Al Bernstein is excellent
I remember those good ol days with al and sean. I always cracked up whenever al would say "Art Serwano!"

I remember those good ol days with al and sean. I always cracked up whenever al would say "Art Serwano!"

I remember, right around the time that they aired a card in England that Foreman fought on, that Al was getting completely out of hand and cracking jokes non-stop and rarely, seriously commentating on the boxing. He started something called his "Top 10 Tubs of Goo", and would make fun of the fighters and mess with Sean. Sean O'Grady was getting upset a lot with Al on air. Someone must have had a serious talk with Al, because one episode, suddenly, Al started behaving himself again lol.

Nah. Kellerman is better as a color commentator. I cant remember the fight, but HBO let him lead once and he was terrible.

Agree on mauro. That dude is ridiculous sounding. Its like hes parodying a fight commentary on purpose. His only saving grace is that hes a big time fight geek.

Roy is oustanding.
Sometimes you can tell the Bernstein wants to backhand Mauro.

Jim Lampley has gotten more-and-more annoying over the years. And Max Kellerman thinks he knows everything + he was on local sports-talk radio in LA so I'm pretty sick of him... Plus both of them seem to underrate Mike Tyson historically and since he's my favorite fighter that opinion vexes me. They need to put someone new in the booth on HBO...

What'd you guys think of Antonio tarver? (Pussy lips) (was that here or east side boxing forums where I read that)?! Always kind of liked Tarver inside and outside the ring sorry lol. Like his commentary too.

What'd you guys think of Antonio tarver? (Pussy lips) (was that here or east side boxing forums where I read that)?! Always kind of liked Tarver inside and outside the ring sorry lol. Like his commentary too.
Tarver was all right. HE still does a PBC show once in a while.

Mauro has a good voice for commentating but says such stupid things.

I like the HBO crew personally.

Back