Your Favorite and Least Favorite announcer

XThe GreatestX

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
My favorites are Roy Jones and Paulie funnily enough. Both call it the way they see it. I actually think Kellerman as gotten a lot better as well. Hes respectable for sure

Least Favorite- Lampley is just completely off the rails at this point

Lampley, Merchant, and Ferdie Pacheco I felt were all terrible. Al Alberts used to be a complete farce, but was also very funny. I once heard Al refer to Carl Williams as a "tub of goo", and then after the fight tell him that Sean O'Grady called him that, which made Carl get mad at Sean, lol

I've always felt Al Bernstein is excellent

Lampley, Merchant, and Ferdie Pacheco I felt were all terrible. Al Alberts used to be a complete farce, but was also very funny. I once heard Al refer to Carl Williams as a "tub of goo", and then after the fight tell him that Sean O'Grady called him that, which made Carl get mad at Sean, lol
Teddy atlas needs to stop sucking himself off, if he does that he wouldn't be awful.

I think AL Bernstein has been the best for a long time. The worst was Ferdie Pacheco for me I'm so glad he's gone.

Ward is the Best and 2nd best is Bradley and Paulie 3rd

Worst are Roy, Jim, and Max.

Steve Albert and Al Bernstein are my favorites.
Least favorite was Lennox Lewis. His commentary hurt my brain.

I like Paulie.

Worst would be either Bernard or Teddy Atlas.

I like the existing panel that HBO has (Lampley, Kellerman, Jones). I'm not looking for some enlightenment from these guys, I just looking to be entertained. I think they're good (and I know many would respectfully disagree with that), and I prefer them to others.

Really, each to their own. Some people like classic rock, some like hard rock - I can't say one is "better" than the other any more than I can prefer one guitarist or writer over another guitarist or writer.

Honestly, regarding the UFC, I didn't even mind Rogan and Goldie, in retrospect, now that they fired Mike Goldberg...

Barry Jones is great. I like Paulie. Plus, I like Teddy Atlas but may be the only person outside of his immediate family who does.

I dislike Lampley and Bernard is pretty bad too. Bernard, Lampley and Kellerman going on and on about the defensive benefits of possessing a beard (a literal beard, the kind made of hair) in the first Pascal/Kovalev fight was really embarrassing to listen to. Lennox Lewis was always awful imo back when he used to do it.

I like Paulie too but prefer Roy. I don't mind Carl Froch either. Really don't like Jim Watt or Lampley but Atlas is the worst.

Teddy atlas needs to stop sucking himself off, if he does that he wouldn't be awful.

I think Teddy Atlas truly believes he invented the analogy. I bet his wife never sleeps because instead of snoring she lies awake hearing him go "Earmuffs, ABCs. Bugs!! Windshield!!"

I really liked Foreman when he commentated. Kellerman can get annoying sometimes.

Teddy Atlas makes me laugh, he's a fucking weirdo. I love when he gets in the ring to demonstrate a strategy he thinks a fighter needs to follow, I half expect him to start firing off punches on his mate's chin ha ha

Al Barenstain and Larry merchant are my favorites.

I don't like kellerman

I really liked Foreman when he commentated. Kellerman can get annoying sometimes.

Foreman used to say things like, after a fighter landed a right hand - "if he could only land four more of those in a row, this fight would be over!", and finally Merchant had enough and snapped "yeah, but wouldn't that apply for everyone George?!" lol

I like Paulie and Roy.

Dislike, the former Strikeforce guy. I appreciate his enthusiasm but sometimes he needs to shut up.

Worst: Lampley and the whole HBOcrew needs to retire already give Kellerman the shine.

Back