your 2014 purchases

Already made all my 2014 purchases in one day the other day.

PS4
Destiny
4GB GeForce GTX 770

I don't buy much stuff anymore, so this will hold me over for quite some time.

What is it with people buying new consoles to play sports games that are released on old gen as well? Too much money I guess. Pay cut all around is needed.

More then likely I will continue to buy last gen games I missed and pick up a PS4 sometime next year. I was going to buy a PS4 when it dropped but I decided to just buy every game I even remotely wanted to play on the PS3 and 360. With great games in the 5 - 10 dollar range on ebay I've already bought about 20 games already this year. Unless somehow Fallout 4 gets released by surprise I think I'll stick to my huge back log now.

Nothing really looks good enough to warrant a purchase. I have enough games already.

If I remember right, the demo for EA MMA was way worse than the actual game turned out to be

That wasn't because of the mechanics, that was just a horrible, horrible choice for characters. Both Overeem and Lashley were among the slowest fighters in the game, and both had absolutely no cardio. They are just not fun to play as at all.

I got Dark Souls II, planning on buying a lot of older games in the Steam sale. For the most part I don't mind waiting till a game has a final edition and is on sale.

So far I bought Dark Souls II, Infamous SS, Ground Zeroes and EA UFC out of the stuff that's come out this year. Will definitely pick up The Witcher 3 and SSB out of the games already confirmed for 2014.

NHL 15

I bought the PS4 back in November, but I've probably used it a total of 5 hours. I'm still playing NHL 14 on my PS3 more than anything else. So NHL 15 is really the only thing on my horizon.

I played the EA UFC demo but got bored/frustrated after about 20 minutes. I'm usually a sucker and end up buying these games, but I just know I'll play it for 2 days and then I'll never play it again. But I think I'll be strong enough not to buy this. For me, the only fighting game that has any staying power is Fight Night.

Bought:

Titanfall
Dark Souls 2
Infamous Second Son
Outlast/Whistleblower
Watchdogs

Upcoming:

Destiny (probably)
Evil Within
Dragon Age: Inquisition
AC: Unity

Will probably get Halo collection, GTA:V on ps4 and EA MMA as well.

The Evil Within
Destiny
TheOrder 1886
Dragon Age

Maybe an indie or two.

Only ps+ for my ps3. All I need for now.

Far Cry 4
The Evil Withen
TLOU

What I'll probably buy but not really excited for:
Destiny
COD
BF Hardline
EA UFC.
Dragon Age

Last edited:
I bought a bunch of games, new, old, ebay must love me.

Bayonetta, Titanfall, Lightning Returns, Castlevania LOS Collection, Castlevania LOS 2, Dark Souls 2, Tales of Vesperia, USF IV, Mass Effect Trilogy and Skyrim Legendary Edition, and many more.

Not counting the digital ones from XBL.

But I'm not buying anything more this year, I have all I want for the X360 and don't care about the new gen yet.

So far this year, I've purchased Mario Kart 8, Link's Awakening for the 3DS, Ocarina of Time 3D (currently on sale in the Nintendo eShop), and Mass Effect 3. I'll be receiving the remaining Walking Dead episodes, and The Long Dark, which I kickstarted last October.

Uncertain what else I'll buy this year. Maybe Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Captain Toad's Treasure Tracker, and The Wolf Among Us, once the entire season is out. Nothing else this year particularly appeals to me.

GUARANTEED PURCHASE
- Far Cry 4
- Civilization: Beyond Earth
- Hotline Miami 2

LIKELY PURCHASE
- Evil Within

POSSIBLE PURCHASE
- Dragon Age: Inquisition
- Assassin's Creed: Unity
- Destiny

MAYBE...
- Wii U
- Pokemon Ruby Remake

Own:

Fable Anniversary
Outlast
Titanfall
Trials Fusion

Will Own:

Destiny
FIFA 15
Middle Earth: Shadow of Modor
The Evil Within
Halo: Master Chief Collection
GTA V

May Own:

Alien: Isolation
Sunset Overdrive
EA Sports UFC
Last of Us Remastered

Note: These are all purchases of games released in 2014. Ive bought several games this year that were released in the past as well.

Last edited:
Destiny
Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare
The Evil Within
Far Cry 4
Assassin's Creed: Unity

battlefield hardline, farcry 4, evolve, alien isolation, the evil within, destiny

PS4
dragonAge
Shadows or mordor
destiny

The Witcher3 is my most anticipated game, but I don't think it's coming out to feb 24th 2015

Back