Young man lost in life would like guidance

Do not go fighter route, you are too old and its extremely boring and limited existence overall. Like it was by far worst thing about it how everyone else was making money and traveling in cool places while you were working part time and hitting pads in sweaty gym.

Only good thing i got out of it is that i dont have to regret "not going for it"

take it from a guy who started about in your age

Just my 2 cents
Thank you man, I remember reading on an older forum you were/are an electrician,correct? Idk what it pays in your country, but how was/is it?

Dont start doing drugs. Its the beginning of the end.

I’ll admit my diet is still absolute shit and something I totally need to work on
I encourage you to start there.
And I further encourage you to start this Monday.
Monday, February the 26th.

It is very difficult to be productive, or to gain confidence when talking with women, or to be less depressed, when your diet is poor. It's difficult because no matter what you do, the very body you live in is full of bad shit that automatically increases anxiety, makes you sluggish, and so, so much more. A lot of people don't realize how much food effects them until after they get healthy.

I do warn you that it is not easy. Your daily routine may currently be based around getting certain sugar fixes, and because this is what your body is used to, it's going to be the fucking devil trying to keep you consuming bad food. Like literally you may go through drug-addict like withdrawals.

So start by googling foods that make you feel how you want to feel.

"Foods that make you less stressed."
"Foods that make you more productive."
"Foods that make you happy."

Build a list that suits you.
But be a fucking psychopath about how healthy you're going to get.

Sunday night throw out all your bad shit.
On Monday go to the grocery store and buy all the healthy food.

Try one day eating only healthy food, prepared for the moments where you'd normally eat bad stuff, like maybe while watching a movie.

If you can get through one healthy day, then try 2, then a full week. Just know that the positive effects aren't immediate. You may even feel worse at first due to your body having to adjust. But keep at it.

This is an action you can take right away.

It isn't a solution to all your problems, but it's a starting point, which is sometimes all we need to get the ball rolling.

This Monday, dude. I really encourage you to give it a try.

What’s up Sherdog. I’ve been stalking here ever since high school and just said fuck it imma make an account, and maybe be more social here. I’m not your typical sherdogger, I’m not 6’11 with adcc gold and lumpini stadium belts, nor can I bench 150 kg wit my dick, lmao.

Anyway, I’m a 22 year old still trying to find my way in life. I don’t really have direction regarding where I want to go with my life. I still care too much about how people view me and am trying not too trip about it. I know most people will say I’m young and shit, and I understand that. But at the same time, I know I’m not getting any younger and life is going to move quick and I can’t just keep sitting around feeling sorry for myself.

Martial arts and Music are two of my biggest passions and I like to think in an ideal world, I’d be able to possibly be a pro fighter and maybe a dj or producer as a side gig. I have some experience in karate and hs wrestling and currently do Muay Thai and bjj, but I wanna pick up boxing and do some boxing and bjj competitions down the line. As for music I play guitar and am learning to produce rnb/neo soul type instrumentals. But I know that it’s a big risky vision for my future. So I’m looking at going to trade school in May for pipefitting. I was thinking of going back to school instead for firefighting/emt or nursing but my uncle knows a guy who owns a hvac/sheet metal/pipefitting company and is helping put me on and I’m figuring I should just use my connections. But I still don’t know if it’s what I truly want, but I just know I have to do something and not sit on my ass forever.

Also I’m really struggling making friends and getting women. I’m a quiet soft spoken dude by nature and I’m aware I’m quiet and know it isn’t necessarily a bad thing but fuck I hate not knowing how to hold a conversation smoothly in general. Even after reading how to win friends and influence people by dale carnegie I still struggle. It doesn’t help that I’m still a kissless virgin and catch feelings pretty fucking fast.

That was long as fuck sorry I get ranty when I talk about shit like this, I know this place is full of people much older than I am and maybe have been in the same boat as me at some point or maybe still are. I guess I just want to know if anyone has any tips for me going forward? I like to think I have an idea based on what I just said but i have no real concrete plan tbh. I’m just trying to not be a depressed loser anymore.
Sounds like you're on a good path. What's the problem?

Throw yourself into whatever you are passionate about, it will build your character and as you get good at the things you love doing you will become a more fun person to be around.

I have questions.
Where are you located? When it comes to competing in MMA (or combat sports in general) you should get yourself to a solid camp. Stay away from a Mc dojo otherwise you’re just going to get hurt.
Also how are your genetics? Natural aptitude for athletics makes a big difference. It isn’t the end all be all by any means but if your continue this path having solid genetic disposition will help tremendously.
Do you have familial support? Combat sports is a tough path and I hope for your sake you have a great family and/or some serious testicular fortitude.
Also, I hope you’re a hard worker. You need to train like it’s your everything otherwise Do Not Compete! If you half ass it you will get hurt badly early and I’ve seen many guys not come back from the public crushing of their pride and bodies. It is an unforgiving sport that isn’t for the ones who don’t put their all into.

You will meet friends, girls and a solid social circle along the way. The gym pretty much raised me and helped make me into the man I am today. I stopped fighting when I realized my ceiling but the tools I learned from it helped me in all facets of my life. I own multiple businesses now and am a part of the upper echelon even within a city that is one of the most financially competitive in the US.
MMA gave me the confidence. Hard life lessons gave me the tools. Opportunities came because I ALWAYS remain an active participant in life on life’s terms.
The closest gyms to me that have legit pros are Cesar Gracie Fight Team/Nick Diaz Academy in Stockton and Combat Sports Academy in Dublin. Team Alpha Male and AKA are a little further out. I don’t think my genetics are complete shit but idk if they’re necessarily “elite” if that makes sense. My mom doesn’t want me to pursue fighting or music, my dad however doesn’t mind. I also know fighting isn’t the most lucrative career so I’m starting to think it may not be in my best interest to be a pro. Nevertheless I still want to at the very least get some boxing and sub grappling competitions in and amateur mma just to test myself.

Regarding girls. The one thing that helped me immensely is when I started thinking of women as "practice girlfriends."

Like this one chick I didn't really like her, but I found out she had a crush on me. In the past I would've just rejected her. But this time I decided to spend some time with her just to practice my game.

I made every awkward mistake in the book with her until at the end she didn't like me anymore. But I didn't care because she was just practice.

if I'd made these mistakes with a girl I really liked, then I'd be heartbroken. I'd obsess over everything I did wrong and feel like a loser.

So just date girls that you don't really like at first. Maybe they're not that attractive. But it's all just practice.

As your confidence grows then you slowly upgrade to girls that are a little better, until you can actually get a great one.
I like this approach thank you. Just get experience with any girl who shows interest.

My advice for a career...

The whole goal should be to make as much money as possible, while working the least amount of time as possible. Added to that, once you find that in a job that you actually like, you'll find that the work days go by fast, and then you have more time for hobbies like martial arts and music.

I always tell people to invest in real estate as it's fairly simple to get into, simple to research what's hot and not in any part of the world, and generally speaking it always eventually goes up. (not always, hence you have to research a little bit)

I can only tell you what's worked for me, but right now I make 6 figures a year, work 5 hours a day for half of the year. I actually like my job, and it gives me a ton of time to spend with my kids, hobbies (I'm a car/bike/outdoor guy) and to just enjoy life.

I used to make alot more money when I would work away from home working in the oil patch, but I had zero free time.

Regarding friends and women, I always tell people I talk to about that, don't rush it, it'll happen when it happens. Certain types of people generally attract to their own types, and sometimes that takes awhile. The less ya worry about it, the more likely it'll happen.

Knew it was going to all loop around to lack of women. Focus on becoming a top 10% earner in your area by the age of 30 and the women will come. Funny thing is you won't want to spend the time on 90% of them at that point.

Life is much better as a man (if successful) in 30s and 40s.

Sounds like you're on a good path. What's the problem?
I guess I’m not looking at the positives in my life lol. I just feel lost and was looking for different perspectives on what to do with my life. Ik my confidence and self esteem are mad low and even though ik I have options I just don’t know where to go from here. Like how to approach all of this going forward

I used to be nervous nelly and not know how to hold a conversation either. Wait no I wasnt LOL. I just stopped giving a fuck and co workers were throwing themselves at me left and right.

Now I'm known as the boyfriend with the big dick. My girlfriend loves telling all her friends about my massive girth. I'm also a sex God philosopher Olympic athlete handsome funny popular genius tho

You may not realize this but the fact that you, at 22, are here asking this question and seeking advice is a HUGE step already. Plenty of people zombie their way thru life without ever stopping to even consider what they are doing with their existence. Lots of good advice here. You will find your way.

Work out, or do some kind of exercise or sport that you like to do, every day. At that age I was going to college and hated it but I supplemented that with playing basketball or hiking every day then I met a great girl who pushed me through college. Basically, find what you like to do and stick to it, during your time off from doing what you do to survive.

Definitely pursue nursing. Fuck the haters. That's the career where you will be constantly around women. Are you going to run into any women at pipe fitting school? Hell no.

Back