You know what movie would be a great reboot?

Now this and The Hulk are perfect examples of movies that don't need reboots.
Even my kid who is 15 thought the toby mcguire versions were better then the rest of the reboots.
Your kid thinks Toby's version is superior because a proper reboot hasn't been done yet. Wait till your kid is 28. The 9th reboot would be much better.

I don't agree with rebooting any movies. If it's good, then leave it alone. If it sucks, then a reboot isn't going to help, either.

I dont support remaking good movies, they rarely meet the quality of the original. Rather see them try to remake movies that didn't really work the first time.

The two most successful remakes I can think of are Scarface and The Thing. I'm not sure there are any others that are worth mentioning. There was about 50 years between the two Scarface movies and they weren't similar at all. There was 31 years between the two The Thing movies and not only were they very different but the distance between them included the transition from black and white to color. It has been 26 years since The Game came out but it hasn't aged anywhere near the same as the gap between the two "The Thing" movies. What is there to improve upon?

I take your monster squad and raise you
913N63RRIFL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg
Truly epic!

I liked it well enough but I'm not sure what a new version would offer that the Fincher film didn't. Hopefully it wouldn't be like Total Recall, Point Break, Robocop, Red Dawn, Ghostbusters and all the other doggy doo remakes.
I get the feeling a remake would probably be something like a Net series which focuses more the details of CRS and maybe switches it so they are infact some kind of evil criminal organisation. The film though thats basically a red herring and its more the story of a sheletred rich guy forced to enguage with the world again.

Personally The Game is my favourite Fincher, the best of his earlier and latter careers for me, a bit more subtle dramatically but with the style still at maximum.

Haven't seen it, so I can't call it. But I could probably go for another, "Surviving the Game".

Although, I don't know that you can top this....

Also, not a reboot, but a "Big Trouble in Little China" sequel is still doable.

I guarantee a polished up remake would be a huge global blockbuster. Top 10 box office guaranteed

Wolfen but only if it followed the book more and dived deeper into the creatures themselves and their past evolution with humans and current hunting and survival strategies. I think with todays practical and cgi effects they could make a pretty cool movie. Plus it has been long enough that most people do not remember or have ever seen the original.

TL/DR-book was so much better than the movie

But if the movie was good, and theres no real good reason to do a sequel, why not try a reboot?
Another movie i want to see either a sequel or a damn reboot if thats the only option is Planet of the Apes ( the Mark Walberg version )

Point Break is why they don't try a reboot.

I firmly believe that Alf: The Movie deserves a new interpretation.

Give me the best director, cgi and superstars like The Rock as the neighbour, Adam Driver as Willi and Zendaya as Alf.

Still waiting for that Harry Crumb sequel I was promised 34 years ago.

Mikes the man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is one of my favorite movies by him. His mullet rivals Jack Burtons.

Attachments

• p11865_p_v10_ae.jpg
    p11865_p_v10_ae.jpg
    745.5 KB · Views: 0
I want a Spider-Man reboot but with webbing that comes out of his asshole

The Game was an awesome movie so best thing they can do is not touch it and let it be.

Reboot Spawn and give it a massive budget Christopher Nolan style.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back