You are trapped in a room with 2 buttons...

You should have stipulated that you are tortured horribly until you press one or the other.

I would probably select myself. I know in the west we consider our lives to be at least hundreds of times more valuable than those faceless unwashed masses, but there's no telling if one of those numbers is going to be someone you know or love.

I have great life insurance. My family would be ok. I'm not killing an innocent. If the question said pedos or Let's say the people,screaming and crying because of Trump my answer might be different.

Eh once x is more than a handful of people, I would probably push delete self. I'm not doing anything productive or enjoying the experience much, so might as well give some others the chance.

Of course that's easy to say in theory.
Don't say that, Mike, I quite like your posts. You're an asset to this community and a help to many.

Both at the same time
tumblr_no9d35J0qA1rv5j9yo1_500.gif

Don't say that, Mike, I quite like your posts. You're an asset to this community and a help to many.

Well thanks bud, and same here honestly. I just mean out in the real world. I don't really contribute anything, and I'm just sort of miserable and useless. If it was 1:1 I'd save me I guess. But if it was 1:10, well I dunno If I could do it. Don't think I do enough to out value 10 other people. Of course with my luck I'd play martyr and it would be like 10 members of ISIS :eek:

X is a number that represents the amount of random people that would be killed in order to save yourself. How large a number would X have to be before you considered pressing the first button?
I'd be tempted to press the button since it's abstract, but man there's no way I would want to end someone's life. Man, I cried when I saw the puppy that was thrown into the LA river video.

And there's no way I want to kill myself, so both buttons at the same time. Let fate decide.
Well thanks bud, and same here honestly. I just mean out in the real world. I don't really contribute anything, and I'm just sort of miserable and useless. If it was 1:1 I'd save me I guess. But if it was 1:10, well I dunno If I could do it. Don't think I do enough to out value 10 other people. Of course with my luck I'd play martyr and it would be like 10 members of ISIS :eek:
I'd probably save Kim Jong Un's life. lol

X is a number that represents the amount of random people that would be killed in order to save yourself. How large a number would X have to be before you considered pressing the first button?

But X is 10, right?

X.

I would never stop pressing X. Fuck everybody. I'm not gonna miss the next UFC.

Great question. I would say maybe in the thousands, but I don't think I would press my button at all, if im being honest. I got responsibilities to take care of.

Wow thousands? I was up to a million in my head, i'm a terrible person.

I'd wait until the number was so large that it fluctuates between the number of newborns entering the world and people dying... that way its guaranteed to kill the people who put me in that room with only 2 choices.....

Advantage: Jermei

Checkmate mutherfuckers.

0. X must be 0 large before I press it. I don't even have to wake up in a room. I'll press it right now.

Wait I went the opposite way. Goddamn these hypotheticals.
I agree. The world needs less idiots. I would press x and hopefully weed out some of the dead wood.

I'd hope X is 7 billion. I'd rather live in a world with 500 million ppl rather than 7.5 billion.

I mean goddamn 500 million is enough ppl.

I wish I could say anything more than one, but I know If i was in the room the number would be significantly higher. Since there is no time limit though, I'm sure I'd think a long time and would probably not hit it for anything under 15 or so. It'd probably be a shitty experience of a life afterwards. I'd feel like I always would owe those people and their families my life.

Pressing X. The end.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back