Yoshihiro Kamegai vs Miguel Cotto June 24' Brooklyn close to be done?

MMALOPEZ

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
well, it will be entertaining. Brief, but entertaining.

Weird fight. Doesn't sound right to me. How does Cotto sell PPVs against Kamegai?

Apparently is a regular HBO card not PPV! Roc Nation will loose a shitload of money in the Cotto deal.

Yeah the writing has been on the wall for awhile. I'm sure they made a good chunk back on the Canelo fight, but Geale and someone like Kamegai (or Kirkland) aren't going to cover the rest. They have the same problem with Ward. Once those two contracts are up, I don't expect to see much of Roc Nation in boxing anymore. They've proved to be incompetent promoters with two of the best in the sport. Guys have absolutely no reason to sign with them unless Roc pays them more than they're worth.

Kamegai is really tough. He'll likely get beaten around the ring, but it could be fun while it lasts (and it may last longer than people think considering Kamegai's durability).

Kamegai got outboxed by Alfonso Gomez.

He has nothing for Cotto.

He has little to no chance of beating him, but if Cotto wants to sit down and try to get him out of there we could get some fun roounds.

Kamegai got outboxed by Alfonso Gomez.

He has nothing for Cotto.

There will be some fun exchanges and Kamegai will be looking for a war, and Cotto will be more than happy to oblige him in some exchanges...

I would have Cotto at -700

Cotto stops him in 3. Kamegai hasn't fought anyone who can punch.

I love both of these fighters for very different reasons, but Cotto's gonna beat the fuck out of this poor guy. Kamegai blocks punches with his face and Cotto's an atg. This will be a boxing clinic, maybe Kamegai lands a few nice shots but nothing that's gonna cause Cotto any trouble. Cotto jabs, moves, finishes with a hook to the body or the doc or somebody stops it b/c it's a prolonged beating.

Kamegai is fun to watch against B level fighters, Cotto is old and been in some wars but he's still got some left in the tank and is still an elite, A level fighter.

And Seano's point is a valid one, I bet on Kamegai against Alfonso Gomez and it was pretty frustrating watching him get outboxed while showing little to no ability to adjust.

Also just a reminder, tomorrow will be the 9th anniversary of Cotto beating the fuck out of Alfonso and making the officials stop it after the 5th. So celebration and condolences to Cotto and Gomez, respectively. And a premature funeral for Kamegai should be held asap.

Definitely not ppv worthy, that's for sure. Was also hoping Cotto would get a better opponent, he doesn't have that many fights left and beating down some mediocre fighter will be entertaining but I would like to see Cotto have a rematch with Trout or against somebody who will at least challenge him a bit.

Back