Yoel is too explosive and too cautious to be taken down by Luke

It's a 50/50.

I'm rooting for Yoel and his translator Ray.

Gay Jesus Bless

Hmm. I want to say Romero, but Luke could possibly survive rd 1 & 2 and pick Romero apart for three rounds to a UD

I don’t doubt that Luke can survive rounds 1 and 2. It’s after those rounds where Luke dies.

In Yoel’s 6 finishes in the UFC all 5 of them came in round 3 except for 1.

He’s usually cautious the first couple rounds and uses them to feel out his opponents timing and movements. He’ll have an explosive blitz here and there early on but it’s mostly to see how his opponent reacts. Rockhold is gonna take a bad beating.

I don’t doubt that Luke can survive rounds 1 and 2. It’s after those rounds where Luke dies.

In Yoel’s 6 finishes in the UFC all 5 of them came in round 3 except for 1.

He’s usually cautious the first couple rounds and uses them to feel out his opponents timing and movements. He’ll have an explosive blitz here and there early on but it’s mostly to see how his opponent reacts. Rockhold is gonna take a bad beating.

Don't be so sure. Most of the fights you mentioned were three rounders. Against Whittaker he got picked apart in rounds 3 and 4 (partly because he failed a lot of takedowns). If Luke pressures Yoel in the first two rounds it might be a tough night for Yoel.

Still think Yoel will take it, but don't rule out Rockhold.

All Luke has to do is play it safe for the first couple rounds then have his way with no cardio Yoel.
Well Yoel isnt going to gas if Luke isn't pressuring him though.

lol Romero wins, gets popped and Rockhold gets the belt back. Too funny.

this fight thought damn.

giphy.gif

Who said Luke is going to take him down?

I expect a kick heavy game plan

Unlike Weidman, Luke won't be able to go for double or single legs against Yoel because of the whole height difference and Luke not being quick enough to do them. Yoel wasn't submitted by Jacare when he was on the ground gassed, so I don't believe Luke will have luck getting Yoel's thick neck.

Luke gassed hard against Weidman and against Branch, I don't see why Luke would want to take it "deep waters" as it would imply not going hard on Yoel the first rounds what would further imply Yoel won't be gassed(see Machida fight) in the later rounds. Hell, Whittaker was gassed in the 5th round too in his bout against Yoel.

Yoel won't be attempting as much takedowns like he did against Whittaker and so will have more oxygen circulating throughout his body in later rounds.

Yoel is a better boxer than Luke and also has a tremendous yet elusive chin(Whittaker expressed surprise how hard Yoel was to hit). It's only matter of time before Yoel lands and Luke won't take it.

I see it as a slow starter and Luke getting tired, dropping his hands, and following the fate like many other Yoel's opponents when they think Yoel isn't as explosive in the 3rd yet they are gravely mistaken.

It seems luke's wrestling has been heavily overrated by so many people around here. He managed to get top position against machida and weidman due more to circumstance than his incredible takedowns. Vs machida, the dragon slipped, rocksalt took advantage and got great position; after the nasty elbow to the back of the dome, machida was in full zombie mode for the next round. Against weidman, the chris tried that ill-advised spin kick, luke saw it coming from a mile away, got behind weidman with a body lock, then rode him to the ground.

If he proves as hittable vs homero as he was against his last 4 opponents, he's getting slept early.

All Luke has to do is play it safe for the first couple rounds then have his way with no cardio Yoel.
Ya, let’s keep pretending Yoel gases after one round, and let’s ignore the fact that he’s finished most of his opponents late in the fight.

Luke will sub Yoel imo.

Yoel doesn't have the boxing/striking to beat Luke and Luke has some of the most underrated bjj in the game.

you forgot 'athletic'. hes 'explosive AND athletic(black)'.

That compact steroid midget is going to get kicked to death. Rockhard doesn't have to worry about getting taken down because Yoel doesn't have the skills to keep him down. Body work will cost Romero what little tank he has.

Rd 4 or 5 TKO for Rockhard.

Unlike Weidman, Luke won't be able to go for double or single legs against Yoel because of the whole height difference and Luke not being quick enough to do them. Yoel wasn't submitted by Jacare when he was on the ground gassed, so I don't believe Luke will have luck getting Yoel's thick neck.

Luke gassed hard against Weidman and against Branch, I don't see why Luke would want to take it "deep waters" as it would imply not going hard on Yoel the first rounds what would further imply Yoel won't be gassed(see Machida fight) in the later rounds. Hell, Whittaker was gassed in the 5th round too in his bout against Yoel.

Yoel won't be attempting as much takedowns like he did against Whittaker and so will have more oxygen circulating throughout his body in later rounds.

Yoel is a better boxer than Luke and also has a tremendous yet elusive chin(Whittaker expressed surprise how hard Yoel was to hit). It's only matter of time before Yoel lands and Luke won't take it.

I see it as a slow starter and Luke getting tired, dropping his hands, and following the fate like many other Yoel's opponents when they think Yoel isn't as explosive in the 3rd yet they are gravely mistaken.
So the main reason why Yoel won't get taken or held down by Like is because of the height and not the WORLD CALIBER WRESTLING? Lol
Would be shocked to see Luke even attempt a takedown, I'm pretty sure everyone who steps in the cage against Yoel doesn't expect to hold him down.
Lukes best chances are circling a lot and throwing various strikes from range.
Either way, Yoel will most likely KO him.

Luke is better in every area compared to this soviet bloc juicehead....best scrambles, best kicks, better hands, quicker, more agile

Luke finishes him in the 4th or 5th

Yoel gets taken down alot and has zero top game.... adainst Luke he'll find out why it doesn't pay to not be well rounded against a fighter like cockhold

Luke is better in every area compared to this soviet bloc juicehead....best scrambles, best kicks, better hands, quicker, more agile

Yoel gets taken down alot and has zero top game.... adainst Luke he'll find out why it doesn't pay to not be well rounded against a fighter like cockhold
None of that matters, Yoel is an alpha male, and Luke is a sheltered triggered metro surfer cuck Nancyboy who got knocked out by Bisping of all people.

Yoel by superior Communists toughness and Cuban genetics.

Luke is better in every area compared to this soviet bloc juicehead....best scrambles, better hands, quicker, more agile
False
Noob detected.

None of that matters, Yoel is an alpha male, and Luke is a sheltered triggered metro surfer cuck Nancyboy who got knocked out by Bisping of all people.

Yoel by superior Communists toughness and Cuban genetics.

source.gif

source.gif

Back