Yanny Or Laurel

Which do you hear?

• Yanny

• Laurel

Results are only viewable after voting.
My friend said she listened to it enough and you can go back and forth if you focus on a certain pitch of the sound which makes a lot of sense now that I've heard it both ways because the Yanni sounds like a dude to me and Laurel sounds higher pitch.
Its weird because the Yanny sounds higher pitch and the Laurel sounds like a dude to me

Honestly they all sound like laurel.....because that's what is fucking being said! OVER AND OVER IT'S JUST LAUREL! HOW DO PEOPLE EVEN HEAR YANNY?!

giphy.gif

Is it a regional thing?

USA checking in for Laurel.

Laurel
Laurel.
Laurel.

Laurel

Honestly they all sound like laurel.....because that's what is fucking being said! OVER AND OVER IT'S JUST LAUREL! HOW DO PEOPLE EVEN HEAR YANNY?!

giphy.gif
The problem is that they tell you the two outcomes beforehand. I'm curious to see the results from someone who just listens and isn't told anything beforehand.

TS's high decievability was exposed itt

My friend said she listened to it enough and you can go back and forth if you focus on a certain pitch of the sound which makes a lot of sense now that I've heard it both ways because the Yanni sounds like a dude to me and Laurel sounds higher pitch.

Other way around. Yanni is embedded at high frequency and Laurel is embedded at low frequency.

Yanny.

I have heard Laurel as well though. Played the same video 10 times throughout the day, and heard Laurel twice.

I can only hear Laurel. But I have a history of hearing problems and had ear surgery in March on my left ear. I wonder if younger people hear the Yanni since it is higher pitched and high pitches get harder to hear as you age.

There's two distinct components to the sound.

Your brain is choosing what to focus on. That's all that's happening.

When I first heard it I could hear both clear as day.

Now I mostly hear Laurel but I can still hear Yanni faintly if I make a conscious effort.

It's not that mysterious.

Listening live on TV, it was Yanny, Yanny, but when I rewound the DVR, it was Laurel, Laurel each time I rewound. What kinda of crazy shit is this?

Sounds like a real demonic Laurel.

TS's high decievability was exposed itt

Ok in this link I can hear the Yanny. But that is definitely not how it normally sounds. And this proves he is saying Laurel.

Back