Yanny Or Laurel

Which do you hear?

• Yanny

• Laurel

Results are only viewable after voting.
Was waiting for this poll. I would have done it myself, but I can't post polls... lol.

Surprised it didn't come up yesterday.

It's a cool quirk of how our brains interpret conflicting sounds.

I heard this shit on the Today show. Thought it said neither of them and i was done with the topic.

Seriously, what the fuck is the interest in this simple.minded shit? Also, Today show was talking about this royal wedding. Who the fuck identifies with this? Honestly, who cares?!

Fucking stupid holy shit. I dont know why im so mad at this but Its clearly Laurel I feel retarded for even replying

Its interesting, I couldnt hear Laurel at all the first 20 times I listened to it. I engineer music and consider myself a detailed listener. I had to jam my earbuds deep into my ears to finally hear Laurel. It is obviously very deep. I imagine most people hearing laurel are about 40 or over and losing their upper range hearing. Its natural. The video saying yanny isnt even being said tho is wrong I think. He may not have said it but with the FX added, it does sound like that word.

EDIT: Now I just hear both depending on what I want my brain to hear. Interesting....

Last edited:
I've asked people around work, and the girls are getting yanny and the beta guys are getting yanny too.

Poll proves that Sherdog is mostly Alpha's that bench 300

I thought this was a foolish internet thing with multiple versions being used. I just listened to this sitting with co-workers and we each heard different things.

Edit: I have listened to the same clip a couple times and have heard both ways. Pretty sure that means I'm about to win the lottery.

Last edited:
This is weird. On the first version I heard in another video I heard LAurel, so I voted that, but on this I can hear Yaawwy

I can hear a rat piss on cotton and I only hear "Laurel."

I got in a fight with my wife about this yesterday and thought she was trolling me

Or younger. Apparently. That's how some youtube vid explained it.

Yeah, according to this video those hearing yanny have "younger ears"

But the video also states that the correct phrase being said is Laurel.

I heard laurel. Even with the one that breaks it down into higher and lower frequency. Both are laurel for me

It doesn't matter what their name is you jabroni!

I totally just confused Yanni w/ that guy Rafi that sung Baby Beluga

damn son, i'm old

Back