Media Yair Rodriguez on Topuria - "Anywhere I see him, I'm going to F him up."

Yair might have the worst wrestling defense in the division. If we’re honest, he only gets UFC push because of his passport. I think Topuria would beat Yair down like the gatekeeper he is.

This is the same dude who ducked Zabit into retirement and got easily outwrestled by Jeremy Stephens of all people lol.

Really interesting matchup.

Topuria is rock-solid, but pretty much predictable.
Rodriguez is is absolutely unpredictable, has the ability to finish from crazy angles, but is ultimately not very solid.

Hard to bet on, but for sure fun to watch.
Topuria has the wrestling to make a fight with Yair easy for him. It's whether he chooses to use his wrestling or not.

Yair might have the worst wrestling defense in the division. If we’re honest, he only gets UFC push because of his passport. I think Topuria would beat Yair down like the gatekeeper he is.

This is the same dude who ducked Zabit into retirement and got easily outwrestled by Jeremy Stephens of all people lol.
Yair is must watch TV so there's also that
Zabit retired because he had no cardio

Don't issue an 'On Sight' threat if you can't back it up

Yair will destroy Ortega and it will be fun to watch. I'm a fan.

Topuria already has the way better boxing and isn't as short as Volk.
Adding the takedown threat and Yair's average striking defense, Top will have no problem landing.
Will take a while to knock him down, as Yair has a good chin and is rangy.
If Top's pride is standing him in the way, he won't threaten with the takedown. Which makes the fight more difficult.

Yair has a chance with knees, upkicks and his very broad arsenal.
80/20 Topuria
He has to threaten or go for a takedown though.

Yair lost to Holloway's hands, to Volk's hands and to Frankie Edgar, who was an older, smaller, lesser version of Topuria.

Last edited:
Would love to see this fight. Two handsome latin Princes duking it out would be a pleasurable. Watching these hard men go at it would send adrenaline running through my body until I uncontrollably burst with excitement.
index.php

Too bad Ortega will get next title shot.

Coincidentally M, Volk was talking past Topuria on his plans to move to LW after clearing FW. Fine if he beats Topuria but he got KOd instead. Best to focus on the immediate challenge ahead. Ortega is not quite Topuria depth but he can still threaten a sub.

I just think worse case scenario (barring KO), Topuria just wrestles 3/5 rounds, gasses, but takes a decision.

Better wrestling than Max, but worse cardio.

Man I would love to see Yair stop Top via spinning head kick.

Would be a really good fight, great style matchup. I hope it happens

I don't like Topuria because he KO'd Volk, but I'd like to see him beating Pantera brutally.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back