Media Yair Rodriguez on Topuria - "Anywhere I see him, I'm going to F him up."

I've been saying for a while that Yair might be the worst style matchup for Topuria, at least at 145.

We've seen Ilia struggle with kicks, both in the UFC against Herbert and before the UFC earlier in his career.

Long rangey guys with a good kicking game, specifically headkicks, always seem to give him trouble.

Yair looked like he was on his way to beating the snot out of Ortega tbh. And I think he matches up really well with Topuria. I’d be stoked for that showdown.

Mosvar, Allen, and Cattar are all as exciting fights IMO.
Topuria is an interesting stylistic matchup entertainment wise for a lot of the division.

Yair can pull off some middle kick, flying knee KO the way Topuria ducks, but Topuria can definitely KO him silly as well. I am leaning on the later happening more so than not.

Ilia has been building this fight up for months talking about Yair. They want to have that Spain VS Mexico dynamic for the Spain card....

As for matchup a gust of wind can take down Yair. Ilia is one of the best wrestlers @ 145 he ragdolls Yair.

There is no way the winner of this gets to fight for the title again.?

Worst stylistic match up for Topuria in that weight class.
I think Topuria breaks him with pressure and Yair is not the most durable guy out there. Yair can stay long with kicks but he only has a 71" reach like Volkanovski

Topuria ragdolled Bryce Mitchell and knocked the fuck out of Volkanovski. He could pick Yair and throw him out of the cage.

Yair fluked his way into a win vs Korean Zombie, got manhandled and finished by Volkanovski and got wrestled by Max of all the people. Dude is delusional.

He ragdolled Bryce only after rocking and knocking him down. In round one he was on his back under Bryce with no answer other than waiting out the round.

Topuria is a good grappler, but lets calm down with the hyperbole about it lol.

Really interesting matchup.

Topuria is rock-solid, but pretty much predictable.
Rodriguez is is absolutely unpredictable, has the ability to finish from crazy angles, but is ultimately not very solid.

Hard to bet on, but for sure fun to watch.

How is Yair not predictable? He just throws naked kicks from range, brawls on the inside with his boxing, and can't wrestle.

Topuria would fucking annihilate him.

I think Topuria breaks him with pressure and Yair is not the most durable guy out there. Yair can stay long with kicks but he only has a 71" reach like Volkanovski
Stylistically he's the most dangerous because of his style and Topurias boxing centric style and stance. Also Yair's reach doesn't matter because that's not the reason why he'd be the most dangerous. It's his kicks and style

I'd pick Topuria but I'm just saying if there's a guy Topuria would like to avoid its Yair trust me

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back