Xanax for anxiety/panic attacks

Benzos are usually prescribed as 'taken as needed.' It's something you take in acute situations of anxiety and it has a short window of effect. Like someone has a flight to take and they literally think the airplane will crash. They have to make an important presentation at work, in front of the CEO, and they're afraid they'll have a meltdown. That would quality as an 'acute' situation and the person could technically take it. It's a very dangerous drug, the optimal way to use it is as sparsely as possible (or better: not at all) and only if there's a serious reason for you to use it. Notice that both scenarios I described could also be fixed through a cognitive perspective, e.g. understanding catastrophizing thoughts (likelihood of airplane crashing = near 0) or through learning coping skills e.g. attending toastmasters to gain mastery over a feared situation. The med is literally the doesn't-solve-anything way out that maintains the person in victimhood and irrationality instead of progress.

If you're anxious all day long about banal events, imagined scenarios and worries, e.g. GAD, it's not going to do anything because you'd have to be popping pills from morning to night and obviously you can't do that and remain alive.

The whole 'psychiatric meds give you permanent gains' thing is a meme that comes back often in literature. Their logic is that a psychiatric drug changes your behaviour or your emotions on a short term basis (very short term for benzos), and then those changes in behaviour form new brain pathways and yadda yadda permanent gains. This is mostly nonsense. Your brain pathways change literally every day, as we speak they're changing. If tomorrow you decided to start a new healthy habit, a new gym routine let's say, that gym routine will literally change your brain in a permanent or semi-permanent way too. You could maybe make an argument that an extremely depressed person literally laying on their bed all day could get an initial 'burst' of energy from antidepressants that gets the ball rolling for more gains, but unless someone is truly in that situation you can get the ball rolling on your own already.

I only use Xanax for DTs or acute anxiety. It works. I usually drag a 30 pill Rx out for a year. I haven't had any in about 9 months.
I wouldn't drink on it unless I'm blown out and need it to go to bed.

I was prescribed Xanax since i was 17 for really bad anxiety attacks. Eventually after years the anxiety attacks went away but i couldnt sleep without xanax. Eventually xanax started to fuck my liver up, so i switched to trazodone before bed. My liver is doing way better since i got off xanax. I was only talking 0.5mg once a day before bed.

I like barz they help w/ my anxiety,they help me sleep & they're good for drug comedowns.

xannies are wonderful things but I strongly advise you to respect them.

They affect everyone differently and are subject to tolerance.

They can have very strong interactions with other medications and substances.
Alcohol and opiates are particularly dangerous to mix with Xanax.

Be CAREFUL.

I know 2 people who passed away way too young who both had Xanax in their body at the time.
Don't drink on beznos
(xanax Valium, Ativan, etc)
&
don't fuck around with heavy substances with them.
(Pain meds, coke, heroin, etc)
Even if you hear people say they did them and they were fine, it only takes one time for it to not be fine.
This. When it comes to benzos and alcohol it’s one of those deals where 1+1=5

I've only used them for drug comedowns in which they are sweet but that's unhealthy and in the past.
A friend recently reported using Metoprolol As successful to treat the physical symptoms of GAD which is perhaps helpful whilst you work on the psychological issues using more healthy alternative means

never had that but I did have an adavan for a minor proceedure, and it was the bomb.

I was like waiting to go inot surgery and said to one of the nurses something like "I know I am supposed to be nervous but I'm not, like something isnt right here" she lol'd and was like "adavan my friend".

Really, which part specifically?

When he talks about not pushing it away, not fighting it. The visualization part too.

Accepting it as part of you that travels with you; it has a voice and wants to be heard, so then visualizing it as a little monkey on your shoulder that needs attention that you’re ok with but doesn’t control what you do, is, for me, helpful. Usually I visualize anxiety like it’s a belt around my neck or a weight on my shoulders because that’s how it feels; but this helps me snap out of that from time to time.

Does she write one word per text? She does look blonde after all...
No, whole sentences.

Can go from "I saw a cute cat on the street when I was jogging" to "When you don't answer like that it make me feel unloved"

I take Lorazepam, has worked wonders for me. Although gets me tired by the afternoon. But it indeed calms me down.

No, whole sentences.

Can go from "I saw a cute cat on the street when I was jogging" to "When you don't answer like that it make me feel unloved"

I'm hoping that you don't own any bunnies that you are close to...

Back