Xanax for anxiety/panic attacks

Bornstarch

Holy Paladin
@Brown
Reaction score
is anyone here taking Xanax for anxiety/panic attacks? I got prescribed awhile back for my panic attacks. I've only taken it once. I know it's addictive and it's not good for you.

However, I saw a video on Youtube about anxiety attacks this morning about a psychiatrist warning of the side effects of Xanax. But one thing she talked about for a brief moment was that when taking Xanax for 6 or so weeks, your body's nervous system to become "less excitable"

To me, that sounds like a long term fix for anxiety. If it does make your nervous system less likely to go into anxiety/panic attack mode, then it would be worth it for me to do the 6 or so weeks of Xanax treatment.

Has anyone done this before?

I take 20mg citralopram for my generalized anxiety disorder.

Used to take 4mg when it was really bad.

Took a year for them to even work, but I don't suffer anxiety much anymore thank fuck

I had PTSD and severe panic attacks for 20 years. I took Xanax and every other drug ever created. Drugs will only mask the problem and make you an overweight zombie addict. Cognitive behavioral conditioning, carnivore diet, exercise, and cutting out alcohol, all sugar, nicotine, and coffee are the tools that helped me.

I haven't been able to sleep a full night through in months because of stress.

Does it help with sleeping?

Drink a bottle with a Xanny bar and have a great time

It's not a long term fix for anxiety. It might abort the panic attack. Doctors who just give you xanax aren't good ones. Benzos aren't a good drug for long term anxiety. There is a rebound effect and you become dependent. You will die from benzo withdrawals but you wouldn't die from immediate heroin withdrawal. Of course there will be outliers but it's rare.

I took it for a while due to anxiety. It didn’t do much except out me to sleep. But that was helpful at times.

I would definitely not fuck around with that stuff. There are only two drugs the withdrawal of which can kill you - alcohol, and benzodiazepine (Xanax).

xannies are wonderful things but I strongly advise you to respect them.

They affect everyone differently and are subject to tolerance.

They can have very strong interactions with other medications and substances.
Alcohol and opiates are particularly dangerous to mix with Xanax.

Be CAREFUL.

I know 2 people who passed away way too young who both had Xanax in their body at the time.
Don't drink on beznos
(xanax Valium, Ativan, etc)
&
don't fuck around with heavy substances with them.
(Pain meds, coke, heroin, etc)
Even if you hear people say they did them and they were fine, it only takes one time for it to not be fine.

Yes but it is safer to take a benadryl or Tylenol pm (same thing) and those are available over the counter and aren't as addictive.

Depends on the person, I have friends who take them and can party all night but if I take 1/4 of one I’m in a coma 20 minutes later.

Back