Xanax for anxiety/panic attacks

I take Ativan. It’s not for anxiety attacks but more for my schizophrenic rages I get into when, well, usually I have to go into public. Just buying groceries can break my brain with anger and dysfunction. The pills mellow my wackadoo ass out so I can function. Was originally prescribed because at night I’d have a routine of continually checking rooms for people who want to murder me. Again, mellowed my ass out and put me to sleep too.

I don’t take it daily and it’s not as strong as Xanax, so idk about changing you after long term use, but that seems a slippery slope that could wind up in addiction. Not sure how many doctors will give you Xanax these days either if you walk in and say, “hey, I want some Xanax” lol.

I get this kind of shit bi-monthly on average...
I fuckin haaaate getting blown up like that when I'm training. It's the only time of the day that's just for me and I can't even have that in peace.

I fuckin haaaate getting blown up like that when I'm training. It's the only time of the day that's just for me and I can't even have that in peace.
the blown up was made on purpose about this imo, she want to come to take boxing lessons to spend more time with me and I said no because that's my only ''me time''.

She pout and throw tantrum since.
She accuse me of faking going there to go to the bar were my bartender ex'gf is working but isn't the case.

I know for a fact that she drove around the gym last week to see if my truck was parked there. (friend who hit the gym with me was running late and saw her).

Didn't tell her that I knew, keeping this for another time.

Bad things incoming with Xanax. May take 6 months. Maybe 2 years. Maaaaayyyyyybe 5 if you're lucky. But sooner or later shit is gonna hit the fan n explode.

Try to use no benzo but if you absolutely must I'd suggest klonopin instead

is anyone here taking Xanax for anxiety/panic attacks? I got prescribed awhile back for my panic attacks. I've only taken it once. I know it's addictive and it's not good for you.

However, I saw a video on Youtube about anxiety attacks this morning about a psychiatrist warning of the side effects of Xanax. But one thing she talked about for a brief moment was that when taking Xanax for 6 or so weeks, your body's nervous system to become "less excitable"

To me, that sounds like a long term fix for anxiety. If it does make your nervous system less likely to go into anxiety/panic attack mode, then it would be worth it for me to do the 6 or so weeks of Xanax treatment.

Has anyone done this before?

I’m seriously thinking about trying this or something similar, I’ve been getting panic attacks alot lately and also extreme anxiety on my way to work,

I’m seriously thinking about trying this or something similar, I’ve been getting panic attacks alot lately and also extreme anxiety on my way to work,

Damn sorry to hear that my friend. Any significant event that happened lately that could of caused this?

the blown up was made on purpose about this imo, she want to come to take boxing lessons to spend more time with me and I said no because that's my only ''me time''.

She pout and throw tantrum since.
She accuse me of faking going there to go to the bar were my bartender ex'gf is working but isn't the case.

I know for a fact that she drove around the gym last week to see if my truck was parked there. (friend who hit the gym with me was running late and saw her).

Didn't tell her that I knew, keeping this for another time.
Why that level of distrust? Have you done something in the past? That doesn't bode well for your long term prospects with her but I'm not telling you anything you don't already know. That has to get sorted out. At least she's pretty cute. Good job man

Damn sorry to hear that my friend. Any significant event that happened lately that could of caused this?
Hey thanks for the kind words brother , I was working in disability support for many years and and had some really tough clients i was threatened on several occasions with my life sometimes while driving , I have taken a break and started a new job for an energy company in the call centre, I’ve never done anything like this in my life and I’m really struggling to understand the role , I’m dealing with people who are struggling to pay their bills to keep the lights on and it’s distressing when an 80 yo woman has no money and he heating during winter , but I just can’t put my finger on why it’s happening to me more and more, I’m very lucky that my gf is extremely supportive , thanks for listening everyone

Why that level of distrust? Have you done something in the past? That doesn't bode well for your long term prospects with her but I'm not telling you anything you don't already know. That has to get sorted out. At least she's pretty cute. Good job man
No never did anything.
I knew she was a little psycho
But Im kinda used to date thoses kind of girls.
Im the Zen Master of crazy chicks.
I no-sell everything, and Im pretty sure it make things worst, but at least it isnt boring.

When he talks about not pushing it away, not fighting it. The visualization part too.

Accepting it as part of you that travels with you; it has a voice and wants to be heard, so then visualizing it as a little monkey on your shoulder that needs attention that you’re ok with but doesn’t control what you do, is, for me, helpful. Usually I visualize anxiety like it’s a belt around my neck or a weight on my shoulders because that’s how it feels; but this helps me snap out of that from time to time.

Glad that it helps you to think about it that way.

For me I don't get any relief by simply recognizing it in any fashion. I know it's there and the way I think about it doesn't make it any less of a pain in the ass. Only thing I've found that helps is just pushing through anxious situations. Sort of a practice makes perfect thing.

Glad that it helps you to think about it that way.

For me I don't get any relief by simply recognizing it in any fashion. I know it's there and the way I think about it doesn't make it any less of a pain in the ass. Only thing I've found that helps is just pushing through anxious situations. Sort of a practice makes perfect thing.

It was that video in combination with a DBT group and other support groups that helped me the most. Not sure how badly anxiety impacts your life but for me it’s bad; less so since the groups.

Hey thanks for the kind words brother , I was working in disability support for many years and and had some really tough clients i was threatened on several occasions with my life sometimes while driving , I have taken a break and started a new job for an energy company in the call centre, I’ve never done anything like this in my life and I’m really struggling to understand the role , I’m dealing with people who are struggling to pay their bills to keep the lights on and it’s distressing when an 80 yo woman has no money and he heating during winter , but I just can’t put my finger on why it’s happening to me more and more, I’m very lucky that my gf is extremely supportive , thanks for listening everyone

That's definitely overwhelming, I don't blame you to feeling anxious like that. You are obviously a very caring person, so you empathize for people who are struggling. All I got to say is just do the best you can and not be overly concerned with things you can't control. I know it's easier said than done. So it's tough. But yeah what you're doing is noble, so mad respects to you.

Would take some right now.
Was at the boxing gym for 2hrs
Opened my phone to this again.
View attachment 1007320
Tired of this shit
Damn man. Your girl looks pretty cute in that tiny pic. But I see what you mean about her always being up your ass.
oops-steve-carell.gif

Btw, did you solve your boxing gym issue?

It was that video in combination with a DBT group and other support groups that helped me the most. Not sure how badly anxiety impacts your life but for me it’s bad; less so since the groups.

How bad is yours?

Mine can cause my mind to go a bit blank when I'm talking to someone that I don't know. It'll be difficult to pull random words out of my head or say some sentences clean. My face will turn red if I have to do any type of public speaking. If I have anxiety while working, I'll tend to forget to do simple things or troubleshooting is more difficult than necessary. High school was the worst because I had difficulty thinking of what to say to other kids so I was just the "quiet" guy. These days most people wouldn't be able to tell I have any anxiety at all because I hide it and am more personable outwardly than I feel on the inside when I need to be.

Back