WWE Reportedly Signs AJ Styles and Other Top New Japan Pro Wrestling Stars

wake_me

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/wwe..._Other_Top_New_Japan_Pro_Wrestling_Stars.html

WWE has reportedly signed New Japan Pro Wrestling stars AJ Styles, Doc Gallows, Karl Anderson and current IWGP Intercontinental Champion Shinsuke Nakamura, according to F4Wonline.com. The group reportedly informed NJPW booker Gedo that they were finishing up before WrestleKingdom 10 this morning.

No word yet on when the four will begin work with WWE but Nakamura apparently is not leaving early as he will most likely drop his title before leaving.

Anderson was reportedly also in talks with TNA and close to signing but the WWE deal came through instead. Anderson, Gallows and Nakamura are expected to honor their Ring of Honor dates for February and AJ is likely done with ROH going forward.

We'll have more on this story later.
---
original

the news got overblown.
From what i've read, NJPW only got some notice, and nobody really have any idea about where are the "they signed with WWE" came from.

the news got overblown.
From what i've read, NJPW only got some notice, and nobody really have any idea about where are the "they signed with WWE" came from.

F*ck, I hope it's true. Meltzer's been tweeting about it, fwiw. I guess we'll know soon enough. Wouldn't mind seeing Alex Shelley join NXT as well; always been a fan...Joey Ryan would be icing on the cake.

Here's the thing: unless Triple H wants to make NXT a third brand (a move that by all accounts should happen but only under very close watch), sending a bunch of talented vets down the development is downright insulting, not to mention that the current state of WWE creative is as dried as the Sahara desert. I'd rather have them stay where they are and do what they can do.

Here's the thing: unless Triple H wants to make NXT a third brand (a move that by all accounts should happen but only under very close watch), sending a bunch of talented vets down the development is downright insulting, not to mention that the current state of WWE creative is as dried as the Sahara desert. I'd rather have them stay where they are and do what they can do.

I think that NXT deserves a bit more respect than that. The Takeovers have all been brilliant and creative is top notch. Veterans and international superstars like Finn Balor and Samoa Joe didn't go there and stay there because they were desperate, they went because they saw something decent.

With that said, NXT already has Samoa Joe, Finn Balor, Apollo Crews and a bunch of hard working wrestlers who are looking to start their careers. I'd like to see them do the Jushin Liger thing, come in once or twice and then keep wrestling in Japan, where they are tremendously successful. NXT may be oversaturated in talent.

On the main roster, I could book an amazing storyline for them that would do them justice. I am not creative though. Instead creative will probably give them shit new names, turn Nakamura into a comedy caricature jobber type and then relegate the rest to the card until they get tired of it and fuck off.

F*ck, I hope it's true. Meltzer's been tweeting about it, fwiw. I guess we'll know soon enough. Wouldn't mind seeing Alex Shelley join NXT as well; always been a fan...Joey Ryan would be icing on the cake.

They're not joining TNA or ROH so obviously it's a WWE property. And by WWE I think everybody means one of the WWE brands, not necessarily the big show.

Seriously, they're all going into NXT IMO. Maybe maybe not AJ.

Kevin Dunn and Vince will still fuck them in the ass when they turn up in the big show.

AJ Styles will be flippy dirty biker dude who feuds with Ambrose and Owens, Gallows and Anderson will be Mr and Mrs Jobber and Nakamura will join the Lucha Dragons as Rising Sun Dragon.

AJ is also booked in the UK for the 16th of Jan - any moves will take a bit longer. Will New Japan bitch Nakamura out while he has the belt?

I wish I could be more excited about that news.

At least where they are I get to watch them put on classic matches. WWE wouldn't even know what to do with a Nakamura and it means no more 5 star matches.

I can't wait to hear a bunch of nerds complaining about their favorite Japanese star not winning every match clean or losing a match to Cena and Reigns.

I wish I could be more excited about that news.

At least where they are I get to watch them put on classic matches. WWE wouldn't even know what to do with a Nakamura and it means no more 5 star matches.

Revival of Kai En Tai with Hideo Itami. Choppy choppy you pee pee. INDEED.

Holy hell...they will ruin Nakamura...Vince will have him doing "Chinese," versions of Billy and Chuck the second he sees him walk to the ring.

Holy hell...they will ruin Nakamura...Vince will have him doing "Chinese," versions of Billy and Chuck the second he sees him walk to the ring.

Token evil Japanese guy in League of Nations?

Token evil Japanese guy in League of Nations?

He won't even use him that well. Vince is going to think the Freddie Mercury routine makes him a poof and will treat him as such.

WWE should use all these indy guys and make the midcard titles mean something again.

They're not joining TNA or ROH so obviously it's a WWE property. And by WWE I think everybody means one of the WWE brands, not necessarily the big show.

Seriously, they're all going into NXT IMO. Maybe maybe not AJ.

Kevin Dunn and Vince will still fuck them in the ass when they turn up in the big show.

AJ Styles will be flippy dirty biker dude who feuds with Ambrose and Owens, Gallows and Anderson will be Mr and Mrs Jobber and Nakamura will join the Lucha Dragons as Rising Sun Dragon.

That honestly sounds perfect for him and he should hope to have it that good.

I can't wait to hear a bunch of nerds complaining about their favorite Japanese star not winning every match clean or losing a match to Cena and Reigns.

So do you think WWE will use any of these guys well?

So do you think WWE will use any of these guys well?

What is your definition of well? Because most of you guys think "well" is putting the belt on them and giving them 40 minute main events...which won't happen.

WWE should use all these indy guys and make the midcard titles mean something again.

That would be nice. Get rid of the US and IC belts and bring back the TV Title!

Back